Modeling the Impact of Bank Investments Attracted by Institutional Sectors on the Socio-Economic Development of Russian Regions
Автор: Naumov I.V., Nikulina N.L.
Рубрика: Regional economy
Статья в выпуске: 5 т.14, 2021 года.
Banking capital plays a significant role in providing the financial foundations for the development of institutional sectors in regional systems, which include financial and non-financial corporations, households, public administration sector and foreign institutions. However, a study of the processes of banking capital flows between them shows that the banking sector currently does not perform its traditional functions of saving institutional sectors’ capital and providing them with loans, but carries out a speculative policy, contributing to a significant outflow of financial resources abroad and causing serious harm to the Russian economy. In this regard, the purpose of the work is to study the imbalances in the processes of banking capital flows between institutional sectors and to model the impact of bank investments attracted by institutional sectors on the socio-economic development of constituent entities of the Russian Federation. We have developed a methodological approach based on the methodology of forming balanced matrices of financial flows between institutional sectors using data from the primary accounting statements of loan institutions, the methodological principle of double entry bookkeeping of the System of National Accounts and methods of regression analysis using panel data. We built matrices of financial flows in the regions, characterizing the processes of bank capital flows between the sector of financial and non-financial corporations, public administration, households and foreign institutions, regression models characterizing the impact of bank investments attracted by each institutional sector on the indicators of socio-economic development of regional systems. The study has found that the capital raised by banks in the sector of non-financial corporations has a positive impact on the dynamics of the gross regional product of Russia’s constituent entities, leads to a decrease in unemployment in the regions, the number of people with incomes below the subsistence level, the degree of capital consumption, as well as an increase in the balanced financial performance of enterprises and the average monthly nominal wage.
Bank investments, financial flows, institutional sector, regression analysis, panel data
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/147234807
IDR: 147234807 | DOI: 10.15838/esc.2021.5.77.3
Список литературы Modeling the Impact of Bank Investments Attracted by Institutional Sectors on the Socio-Economic Development of Russian Regions
- Aganbegyan A., Rudenskii I. On the role of the Russian banking system in overcoming the recession and resuming social and economic growth. Problemy teorii i praktiki upravleniya=International Journal of Management Theory and Practice, 2016, no. 8, pp. 8–19 (in Russian).
- Milyukov A. The role of banks in overcoming the crisis and reviving the Russian economy. Problemy teorii i praktiki upravleniya=International Journal of Management Theory and Practice, 2016, no. 8, pp. 64–72 (in Russian).
- Akinin P.V., Akinina V.P. Pairing mechanisms and tools of financial and real sectors of the economy. Finansy i kredit=Finance and Credit, 2014, no. 16(592), pp. 2–8 (in Russian).
- Trubnikova V.V., Savenkova A.V. The organization of interaction of real and bank sectors of economy of territories. Regional’naya ekonomika: teoriya i praktika=Regional Economics: Theory and Practice, 2011, no. 20(203), pp. 34–39 (in Russian).
- Danilov-Danil’yan A. Problems of managing the Russian banking system as a source of investment to overcome the current economic crisis. Problemy teorii i praktiki upravleniya=International Journal of Management Theory and Practice, 2016, no, 8, pp. 73–79 (in Russian).
- Kazarenkova N.P. Analyzing and assessing the results of interaction between the banking and real sectors of the Russian economy. Finansy i kredit=Finance and Credit, 2015, no. 47, pp. 44–56 (in Russian).
- Ilyin V.A., Chekavinskii A.N., Uskova T.V. et al. Natsional’naya bezopasnost’ Rossii: problemy obespecheniya ekonomicheskogo rosta: monografiya [National Security of Russia: Problems of Economic Growth: Monograph]. Vologda: ISERT RAN, 2016. 300 p.
- Pechenskaya M.A. Regional development: goals and opportunities. Finansy=Finance, 2014, no. 10, pp. 135–145 (in Russian).
- Urosevic B., Zivkovic B., Bozovic M. The influence of financial on real sector of economy. Ekonomika Preduzeca, 2011, no. 59(1–2), pp. 34–44. DOI: 10.5937/ekopre1102034U
- Gilchrist S., Zakrajsek E. Linkages between the financial and real sectors: an overview. 2008. Available at: https:// www.researchgate.net/publication/228902565_Linkages_Between_the_Financial_and_Real_Sectors_An_Overview (accessed: June 25, 2021).
- Monacelli D., Pazienza M.G., Rapallini C. Municipality Budget Rules and Debt: is the Italian regulation effective? In: Conference: working paper DISEI, 2014. 34 p. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/282033160_Municipality_Budget_Rules_and_Debt_is_the_Italian_regulation_effective (accessed: June 21, 2021).
- Jeong W. Three Essays on the Relationship Between the Banking Sector, the Real Sector, and the Political Environment. Morgantown, West Virginia, 1999. 90 p. Available at: https://www.proquest.com/openview/fa823d149ca5b1cebe7221fccd874d38 /1.pdf?pq-origsite=gscholar&cbl=18750&diss=y (accessed: June 21, 2021).
- Naumov I.V. Role of financial resources of the economy’s banking sector in Russian regions’ socio-economic development. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial’nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz=Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast, 2020, vol. 13. no. 6, pp. 152–168. DOI: 10.15838/esc.2020.6.72.9 (in Russian).
- Strogonova E.I. Financial assets of household establishments as a source of formation of investment resources of commercial banks. Nauchnyi vestnik YuIM=Scientific Bulletin of the Southern Institute of Management, 2017, no. 1, pp. 28–32 (in Russian).
- Yusupova L.M., Nikonova T.V., Ivanov M.E. Factors determining the investment of household savings in the Russian banking sector: the current state. Servis v Rossii i za rubezhom=Services in Russia and Abroad, 2017, vol. 11, issue 5, pp. 93–101. DOI: 10.22412/1995-042X-11-5-8 (in Russian).
- Orlov L.F Theoretical bases of formation financial potential of households. Vestnik MGOU. Seriya Ekonomika=Bulletin MSRU. Series: Economics, 2010, no. 3, pp. 36–41 (in Russian).
- Ellis K., Lemma A., Rud J.-P. Financial inclusion, household investment and growth in Kenya and Tanzania. Project Briefing, 2010, 43, 4 p.
- Bouyon S. The impact of banking structural reform on household retail finance, 2014. Available at: https://www.ceps.eu/ceps-publications/impact-banking-structural-reform-household-retail-finance (accessed: June 21, 2021).
- Mwalughali O.G.F. The impact of community savings and investment promotion program on household income and credit market participation in Kasungu district, Central Malawi. University of Malawi Bunda College of agriculture, 2013. 128 p. Available at: https://ageconsearch.umn.edu/record/157595/ (accessed: June 21, 2021).
- Naumov I.V. Theoretical and methodological foundations of designing a balance model for reproducing investment potential of institutional sectors in the regional system. Finansy: teoriya i praktika=Finance: Theory and Practice, 2019, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 101–114 (in Russian).
- Sotnikova L.N., Tkacheva M.V. The banking system of the Russian Federation: status and prospects. Vestnik VGUIT=Proceedings of the Voronezh State University of Engineering Technologies, 2015, no. 2, pp. 260–266 (in Russian).
- Terekhin V.I., Sukovatova O.P. Efficiency of investment activity in the region: evaluation and planning. Sotsial’noekonomicheskie yavleniya i protsessy=Social-Economic Phenomena and Processes, 2009, no. 1(013), pp. 86–89 (in Russian).
- Nguyen C.T., Trinh L.T. The impacts of public investment on private investment and economic growth. Evidence from Vietnam. Journal of Asian Business and Economic Studies, 2018, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 15–32. DOI: 10.1108/JABES-04-2018-0003.
- Solodkaya T.I., Tali M.M.T., Industriev M.A. Econometric analysis of the financial market structure’s influence on the Russian Federation’s economic growth. Izv. Sarat. un-ta. Nov. ser. Ser. Ekonomika. Upravlenie. Pravo=Izv. Saratov Univ. (N. S.). Ser. Economics. Management. Law, 2019, vol. 19, issue 1, pp. 28–35. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18500/1994-2540-2019-19-1-28-35 (in Russian).
- Pogodaeva T.V., Baburina N.A., Druz’ E.P., Sheremet’eva M.P. A role of the banking sector in the social and economic development: the developed and developing countries case. Finansy i kredit=Finance and Credit, 2016, no. 10, pp. 2–13 (in Russian).
- Alam Md.S., Rabbani M.R., Tausif M.R., Abey J. Banks’ Performance and economic growth in India: A panel cointegration analysis. Economies, 2021, 9(1), pp. 38. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/economies9010038.
- Paavo E. The Impact of Commercial Banks Development on Economic Growth in Namibia: Dissertation of Master of Commerce in Development Finance Degree, 2017. 59 p. Available at: https://open.uct.ac.za/bitstream/handle/11427/28116/thesis_com_2018_paavo_elia.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y (accessed: June 15, 2021).
- Prochniak M., Wasiak K. The impact of the financial system on economic growth in the context of the global crisis: empirical evidence for the EU and OECD countries. Empirica, 2017, no. 44, pp. 295–337. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10663-016-9323-9.
- Ivanov P.A., Tyutyunnikova T.I. The financial resources of the households as a reserve economic growth regions of Russia. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya=Modern Problems of Science and Education, 2015, no. 1–1. Available at: http://www.science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=18264 (accessed: June 29, 2021; in Russian).