Limitations of social partnership between authorities and business in forming tourist attractiveness of municipalities of the Russian Federation
Автор: Frolova Elena V., Rogach Olga V., Ryabova Tatyana M., Medvedeva Natalia V.
Рубрика: Social and economic development
Статья в выпуске: 2 т.14, 2021 года.
Social partnership between authorities and business is a strategic factor of a territory’s socio-economic development and increase of the level of competitiveness among local tourist products and services. The purpose of the study is to identify the key limitations in the formation of social partnership between government and business in the context of solving the issues of developing the tourist attractiveness of municipalities of the Russian Federation. The authors used general scientific research methods (generalization, systematization, etc.) and analytical procedures based on comparative and system analysis methods. The key method was a questionnaire survey of experts - heads of municipalities (N = 306). The study was conducted in 2019. As a result of the survey, we identified the key problems of implementing social partnership projects in the tourism sector that do not allow local authorities to form sustainable interaction strategies with business: lack of interest among business, unfavorable investment climate, lack of efficient support for projects in mass media, etc. The authors justified the expediency of using municipal property on the principles of the cooperation economy as a tool for the development of social partnership in the tourism area. By summarizing successful practices of business participation in the development of municipal tourism and analyzing the survey results, we developed the areas for improving activities of local authorities to create conditions for the formation of tourist attractiveness based on social partnership (creation of museum and tourist clusters, branding of the territory, active informational support and popularization of tourist destinations in mass media, organization of project offices for tourism development, etc.). The authors conclude that the institutional environment for the development of social partnership in the tourism area is currently at the formation stage. It requires further study.
Municipality, social partnership, local community, local government, business, tourist attraction
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/147234733
IDR: 147234733 | DOI: 10.15838/esc.2021.2.74.10
Список литературы Limitations of social partnership between authorities and business in forming tourist attractiveness of municipalities of the Russian Federation
- Kvashnina E.B. Method of estimation the multiplier effect of investments in the tourism industry in the region. Izvestiya Sankt-Peterburgskogo gosudarstvennogo ekonomicheskogo universiteta=Izvestiâ Sankt-Peterburgskogo Gosudarstvennogo Èkonomičeskogo Universiteta, 2012, no. 2 (74), pp. 70–73 (in Russian).
- Kryukova E.M., Khetagurova V.SH. Cluster approach in the development of social tourism in Russia. Contemporary Problems of Social Work, 2019, vol. 5, no. 4 (20), pp. 4–14.
- Higgins-Desbiolles F. Socialising tourism for social and ecological justice after COVID-19. Tourism Geographies, 2020. DOI: 10.1080/14616688.2020.1757748
- Jang Y., Lee W.J., Hadley B. Interactive effects of business environment assessment and institutional programs on opportunity entrepreneurship. Sustainability, 2020, no. 12 (13). DOI: 10.3390/su12135280
- Remington T.F., Yang P. Public-private partnerships for skill development in the United States, Russia, and China. Post-Soviet Affairs, 2020, no. 36 (5-6), pp. 495–514. DOI: 10.1080/1060586X.2020.1780727
- Yang A.M., Liu W.L., Wang R. Cross-sector alliances in the global refugee crisis: An institutional theory approach. Business Ethics-A European Review, 2020, vol. 29 (3), pp. 646–660. DOI: 10.1111/beer.12288
- Broegaard R.B. Rural destination development contributions by outdoor tourism actors: A Bornholm case study. Tourism Geographies, 2020. DOI: 10.1080/14616688.2020.1795708
- Ly T.P., Zhang C.Z. Why public-private cooperation is not prevalent in national parks within centralized countries. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 2019, no. 24 (12), pp. 1109–1125. DOI: 10.1080/10941665.2019.1666154
- Beynon M.J., Jones P., Pickernell D., Huang S.F. Growth and innovation of SMEs in local enterprise partnerships regions: A configurational analysis using fsQCA. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, 2020, no. 21, vol. 2, pp. 83–100. DOI: 10.1177/1465750319846827
- Gonzalez-Morales O., Talavera A.S. CSR as a strategy for public-private relationships in protected island territories: Fuerteventura, Canary Islands. Island Studies Journal, 2019, no. 14 (1), pp. 147–162. DOI: 10.24043/isj.83
- Androsova I.V., Melnichuk A.V., Bondaletov V.V., Vinichenko M.V., Duplij E.V. On the issue of state support of agriculture: Regional aspect. International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, 2016, no. 6 (S1),pp. 114–119.
- Rogach O.V., Frolova E.V., Ryabova T.M., Morozova L.S., Litvinova E.V. Management of potential tourist development of municipalities in Russia. International Journal of Advanced and Applied Sciences, 2020, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 43–52. DOI: 10.21833/ijaas.2020.08.006
- Medvedeva N.V., Frolova E.V., Rogach O.V., Ryabova T.M. Public participation in shaping the tourist attractiveness of Russian territories at the turn of the XIX-XX centuries. Bylye Gody, 2019, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 838–847. DOI: 10.13187/bg.2019.2.838
- Qi S., Nguyen D. Government connections and credit access around the world: Evidence from discouraged borrowers. Journal of International Business Studies. DOI: 10.1057/s41267-020-00341-x
- Kusakina O.N., Trukhachev V.V. Organizational and functional architectonic coordination mechanism of power and business structures interaction at the regional and municipal levels. Terra Economicus, 2012, no. 10 (3-3), pp. 135–139 (in Russian).
- Marques I., Remington T., Bazavliuk V. Encouraging skill development: Evidence from public-private partnerships in education in Russia’s regions. European Journal of Political Economy, 2020, vol. 63. UNSP 101888. DOI: 10.1016/j.ejpoleco.2020.101888
- Volokhova N. Government and business interaction in Eastern Europe: Specific features of the pubicprivate partnership. Economic Annals-XXI, 2020, vol. 180, no. 11-12, pp. 31–39. DOI: 10.21003/ea.V180-04
- Kiselev V.I. Cooperation of business and power: conflict resolution aspect. Teoriya i praktika obshchestvennogo razvitiya=Theory and Practice of Social Development, 2013, no. 7, pp. 174–178 (in Russian).
- Roy O.M. Business and government: Interaction strategies. Vestnik Omskogo universiteta. Seriya «Ekonomika»=Herald of Omsk University. Series «Economics», 2019, no. 3, pp. 150–160 (in Russian).
- Huang C., Yi H.T., Chen T., Xu X.L., Chen S.Y. Networked environmental governance: Formal and informal collaborative networks in local China. Policy Studies, 2020. DOI: 10.1080/01442872.2020.1758306
- Gomilevskaya G.A. Practical aspects of budget funding tourist infrastructure (on example of Primorye territory). Azimut nauchnykh issledovanii: ekonomika i upravlenie=ASR: Economics and Management, 2016, vol. 5, no. 4 (17), pp. 118–122 (in Russian).
- Prazdnikova N.N., Prudnikova N.G., Strizheva O.S. Analysis of tourism development in the Altai region. Vestnik Altaiskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta=Bulletin of Altai State Agricultural University, 2017, no. 9 (155), pp. 53–60 (in Russian).
- Guseva M.S., Amel’kina D.V. Interaction of the state and business in the development of domestic and inbound tourism. Ars Administrandi (Iskusstvo upravleniya), 2017, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 217–236. DOI: 10.17072/2218-9173-2017-2-217-236 (in Russian).
- Maksanova L., Bardakhanova T., Ayusheeva S. A Toolkit for Assessing the Use of Public-Private Partnerships in Tourism. 2019. DOI: 10.2991/icsdcbr-19.2019.196
- Magomedova N.I. Aspects of public-private partnership in tourism of the Russian Federation in the sanctions. UEPS: upravlenie, ekonomika, politika, sotsiologiya=UEPS: Management, Economics, Politics and Sociology, 2016, no. 3, pp. 42–49 (in Russian).
- Dzyaloshinskii I. Civil communications and civil society. Biznes. Obshchestvo. Vlast’=Business. Society. Power, 2010, no. 4, pp. 143–197 (in Russian).
- Wong E. L.Y., Yeoh E., Chau P. Y.K., Yam C. H.K., Cheung A. W.L., Fung H. How shall we examine and learn about public-private partnerships (PPPs) in the health sector? Realist evaluation of PPPs in Hong Kong. Social Science & Medicine, 2015, p. 147.
- Ollerenshaw А., Murphy А., McDonald К. Leading the way: The integral role of local government within a multisector partnership delivering a large infrastructure project in an Australian growth region. Local Government Studies, 2017, vol. 43, is. 2, pp. 291–314. DOI: doi.org/10.1080/03003930.2016.1274259
- Frolova E.V., Rogach O.V., Ryabova T.M. Tourism attraction in Russian regions in cyberspace: New tendencies of tourism media marketing. Humanities and Social Sciences Reviews, 2019, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1313–1318.
- Frolova E.V., Rogach O.V. Staffing of local authorities in modern Russian conditions. Monitoring of Public Opinion: Economic and Social Changes Journal (Public Opinion Monitoring), 2018, no. 4, pp. 369–385. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14515/monitoring.2018.4.19
- Jones G., Stewart J. Local government: The past, the present and the future. Public Policy and Administration, 2012, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 346–367.
- Nared J. Local Self-government reforms in Slovenia: Discourse on centrality and peripherality. In: Pelc S., Koderman M. (eds) Nature, Tourism and Ethnicity as Drivers of (De)Marginalization. Perspectives on Geographical Marginality, 2018, vol. 3, pp. 243–256. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-59002-8_17
- Fábián A. Local self-government in Hungary: The impact of crisis. In: Nunes Silva C., Buček J. (eds) Local Government and Urban Governance in Europe. Springer, Cham, 2017. Pp. 71–87. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-43979-2_4