Dynamics of tourist services in the context of digital technology development
Автор: Koroleva Inna S., Vishnevskaya Ekaterina V.
Журнал: Сервис plus @servis-plus
Статья в выпуске: 3 т.14, 2020 года.
The article considers the development of digital technologies in tourism. Digital travel platforms have be- come an important source for travelers around the world. Global sales of digital travel, including airlines, car rentals, hotels, accommodation, and transportation, are showing steady growth. Online travel agencies and mobile payment apps around the world are changing the travel industry. Consumers are increasingly booking online due to the availability of mobile apps and low prices. The Russian market of online services is growing rapidly, due to the introduction of digital technologies in the tourism sector. Digital technologies are also becoming the key strategy for the development of culture and tourism in the cities of the future, contributing to the integration of tourists into the urban environment and allowing them to plan their own trip. The purpose of the research is to study the impact of digital technologies on the development of the tourist market and the formation of a comfortable urban environment for travelers. The article analyzes the data that characterize the development of digital technologies in the tourism sector, and highlights the trends in this direction. One of the indica- tors of the development of information technologies and their dissemination is the constantly increasing share of online booking of tourist services. The introduction of technologies contributes to the development of independent tourism, which is becoming more and more popular every year. Modern electronic services have significantly simplified the preparation for trips both within the country and to other countries. The implementation of new technologies also affects the formation of a comfortable urban environment, contributing to the development of urban tourism. The directions for implementing digital technologies in the tourist urban environment include online services with personal recommendations; wearable gadgets for simultaneous translation; shared consumption services; a smart navigation system in the city that is adaptive to foreign languages; free high-speed Internet in public places; the use of multimedia technologies and various guide ap- plications in museums. The rating of popular tourist cities includes an assessment of such parameters as the availability of multifunctional kiosks and smart stops on the streets, the availability of advanced mobile apps for tourists, the level of implementation of innovative technologies in airports and museums. In the near future, they will develop projects in the field of digitalization of tourist and cultural spaces of cities, including a navigation system with elements of augmented real- ity, simultaneous translation with the use of neural networks, accessible mobile Internet for tourists and personalized online services. For the development of tourism in the Russian Federation at the regional level, it is necessary to develop tourism products for their implementation in the new digital environment, revealing the potential and opportunities of destinations.
Digital technologies, global sales, online travel agencies, mobile payment apps, online services
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/140249913
IDR: 140249913 | DOI: 10.24411/2413-693X-2020-10302
Список литературы Dynamics of tourist services in the context of digital technology development
- Averin, D. (2017). Readiness of major cities for a digital future. URL: https://tjournal.ru/flood/60636-gotovnost-krupneyshih-gorodov-k-cifrovomu-budushchemu (Accessed on 29 September, 2019). (In Russ.)
- Cai, Wenjie (2019). Progress on Technology Use in Tourism. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/332672740_Progress_on_Technology_Use_in_Tourism (Accessed on 28 September,2019).
- Chudnovsky, A.D., Zhukova, M.A. (2006). Information technology management in tourism. Moscow: KNORUS. (In Russ.)
- Data Insight analytics. eTravel: numbers and trends (2016). URL: https://hotelier.pro/tourizm/item/2168-etravel/ (Accessed on 29 September, 2019).
- eTravel in Russia - 2018. Statistics and trends (2018). URL: http://datainsight.ru/sites/default/files/DI-TravelHub-2018.pdf (Accessed on 29 September, 2019). (In Russ.)
- Experts told how the spending of tourists on flights has changed. URL: https://ria.ru/20190822/1557776933.html (Accessed on 29 September, 2019). (In Russ.)
- Global Digital Travel Sales 2018. Fvailable at: https://www.emarketer.com/content/global-digital-travel-sales-2018 (Accessed 29 september 2019).
- Gulyaev, V. G. (2013). New information technologies in tourism. Moscow: PRIOR University. (In Russ.)
- Hasenzahl, Lea (2019). Digital transformation in the national tourism policies. Conference: 20th Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research. URL: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/333792896_Digital_transformation_in_the_national_tourism_policies (Accessed on 19 September, 2019).
- Hojeghan, Samira (2016). Digital economy and tourism impacts, influences and challenges. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, 19: 308-316. URL:https://www.researchgate.net/publication/251714067_Digital_economy_and_tourism_impacts_influences_and_challenges (Accessed on 08 September, 2019).
- How tourism will change in 2019 (2018). URL: https://www.tourdom.ru/hotline/it-razrabotki-dlya-turbiznesa/kak-izmenitsya-turizm-v-2019-godu/ (Accessed on 29 September, 2019). (In Russ.)
- Koroleva, I.S., & Komarov, M.E. (2007). Problems of development of recreation and tourism in old developed territories (on the example of the Belgorod region). Prblemi regionalnoy eklogii [Problems of regional ecology], 6, 109-113. (In Russ.)
- Krulikovsky, A.P., & Kosyuk, N.S. (2019). The role of the digital economy in the development of tourism business. Tendentsii razvitiya internet i tsifrovoi ekonomiki [Trends in the development of the Internet and digital economy]: proceedings of the II Russian Scientific and Practical Conference, 123-126. (In Russ.)
- Liberato, Pedro (2018). The Information Technologies in the Competitiveness of the Tourism Sector. Conference: International Conference on Information Technology & Systems. URL: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/322247972_The_Information_Technologies_in_the_Competitiveness_of_the_Tourism_Sector (Accessed on 18 September 2019).
- Matteo, Dante (2018). Tourism and digital endowment in Italy: a spatial analysis. Annali del Turismo, VII. URL: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/333812432_Tourism_and_digital_endowment_in_Italy_a_spatial_analysis/stats (Accessed on 18 September 2019).
- Morozov, M.M. (2018). Peculiarities of management of tourist systems in conditions of digital economy. Turizm. Pravo i econmika [Tourism. Right and Economics], 3 (66), 7-11. (In Russ.).
- Morozova, N.S., Morozov, M.A., Chudnovsky, A.D., Zhukova, M.A., & Rodigin, L.A. (2014). Information support of tourism. Moscow: International Tourism Agency. (In Russ.).
- Number of Internet users in Russia (2018). URL: http://www.bizhit.ru/index/users_count/0-151 (Accessed on 29 September, 2019) (In Russ.).
- Oborin, M. S., & Saryan, A. A. (2019). The role of digital technologies in the developing the information space of regional tourism management. Servis v Rossii i za rubezhom [Services in Russia and Abroad], 13(3), 24-33. 10.24411/1995-042X-2019-10302. (In Russ).
- DOI: 10.24411/1995-042X-2019-10302.(InRuss)
- Online guide for tourists to appear in Moscow in 2020 (2019). URL: https://iz.ru/926381/2019-09-28/onlain-gid-dlia-turistov-poiavitsia-v-moskve-v-2020-godu (Accessed on 23 September, 2019).
- Pizam, A. (2017). The internet of things (IoT): The next challenge to the hospitality industry. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 62 (April), 132-133. URL: 10.1016/j.ijhm.2017.02.002 (Accessed on 22 September 2019).
- DOI: 10.1016/j.ijhm.2017.02.002(Accessedon22September2019)
- Sinatorov, S.V., Pikulik, O.V., Bochenina, N.V. (2015). Information Technology in Tourism. Moscow: Infra-m. (In Russ.).
- Slinkova, O.K. (2017). Agroturism in the system of the world tourist market. Scientific result. Business and Service Technologies, 3 (3), 74-82. (In Russ.).
- DOI: DOI: 10.18413/2408-9346-2017-3-3-73-81
- Statistics of the Internet of 2019: traffic, the websites and blogs, domains, social media, online advertizing and electronic commerce - fresh digits and the facts. URL: https://sdvv.ru/articles/elektronnaya-kommertsiya/statistika-interneta-2019-trafik-sayty-i-blogi-domeny-sotsialnye-media-onlayn-reklama-i-elektronnaya (Accessed on 29 September, 2019). (In Russ.).
- The company Booking.com named trends of sustainable tourism (2017). URL: https://news.booking.com/sustainabilityreport2017/ (Accessed on 29 September, 2019).
- The future is close: the cities readiness index (2017). URL: https://www.pwc.ru/ru/assets/the-future-is-coming-rus.pdf (Accessed on 29 September, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Urquhart, Ellis (2019). Technological mediation in the future of experiential tourism. Special Issue "The future of experiential travel" in Elsevier's Journal of Tourism Futures. URL: https://www.emarketer.com/Report/Global-Digital-Travel-Platforms-2017-Country-by-Country-Review-of-Top-Travel-Sites/2002133 (Accessed on 22 September, 2019).
- Vetitnev, A.M., & Kovalenko, V. V. (2016). Information technologies in the tourism industry. Mosccow: Yurayt Publishing House, 2016. (In Russ.).
- Vishnevskaya E.V., Bogomazova I.V., Litvinova M.I. (2012). Topical problems of GIS use in the development of regional tourism of the Belgorod region. Fundamentalnie issledovaniya [Fundamental study], 3-1, 177-180. (In Russ.).
- Vishnevskaya, E.V., Klimova, T.B., Slinkova, O.K. & Glumova, Y.G. (2017). The influence of virtual information space on tourism development. Revista Espacios, 38 (49), 22. URL: http://www.revistaespacios.com/a17v38n49/17384922.html (Accessed on 23 September, 2019).