Assessing the regional housing market development in the northern and arctic regions of the Russian Federation
Автор: Emelyanova Elena E., Chapargina Anastasiya N.
Рубрика: Regional economy
Статья в выпуске: 5 т.13, 2020 года.
The purpose of the study is a comprehensive assessment of housing market development based on a new system of indicators reflecting the population’s solvency and demand in the housing market, the economic development of the housing market, in order to identify trends in the housing market over a long period and reveal key problems hindering the housing market development in the Northern and Arctic regions of Russia. In this paper we propose a methodology to assess the regional housing markets, analyze the indicators of economic development in the North and the Arctic, estimate people’s financial capacity and demand in the housing market, indicate major changes in the regions’ housing sector that can occur on the background of the measures applied by the state due to the coronavirus pandemic. The scientific novelty of the work is determined by a comprehensive study of regional housing markets in the Northern and Arctic regions using the indices proposed by the authors, which made it possible to formulate a number of proposals for developing the housing market in the Arctic and Northern regions of the Russian Federation. The study results can be used by the government and administrative authorities in developing policies in the field of providing the population with comfortable housing and improving the regions’ housing stock, in working out the programs aimed at housing construction, as well as by specialists in the field of finance, researchers. In the future, based on a comparative analysis of the regions’ housing development, the authors plan to predict the regional housing markets development taking into account the changing parameters of population solvency and construction industry, considering the specifics of the Federation subject’s development and the effectiveness of government measures in this sector of the economy during the crisis period of the pandemic.
Housing market, housing conditions, regions of the north and the arctic, population solvency, regions ranking
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/147225483
IDR: 147225483 | DOI: 10.15838/esc.2020.5.71.6
Список литературы Assessing the regional housing market development in the northern and arctic regions of the Russian Federation
- Pandey R., Jessica V.M. Determinants of Indian housing market: Effects and counter-effects. Property Management, 2019, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 199–218. DOI: 10.1108/PM-06-2018-0038
- Łaszek J., Olszewski K. Regional development of residential and commercial real estate in Poland and the risk of real estate cycles. Barometr Regionalny, 2018, no. 51, pp. 41–51.
- Wenze Yu., Chaoran N., Chuanhao T., Haizhen W., Li F. Impacts of an urban environmental event on housing prices: Evidence from the Hangzhou pesticide plant incident. Journal of Urban Planning and Development, 2020, vol. 146, no. 2. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)UP.1943-5444.0000564
- Jiang H., Payne S. Green housing transition in the Chinese housing market: A behavioural analysis of real estate enterprises. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2019, vol. 241. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.118381
- Qiu L., Tu Y., Zhao D. Information asymmetry and anchoring in the housing market: A stochastic frontier approach. Journal of Housing and the Built Environment, 2019, vol. 35, pp. 573–591. DOI: 10.1007/s10901-019-09701-y
- Geraskin M. Pricing analysis of interconnected markets of housing, mortgage lending and insurance. Kybernetes, 2020, vol. 1, no.2. DOI: 10.1108/K-12-2019-0849
- Vanina T., Obolonkova A. State influence on the housing market. Belgorodskii ekonomicheskii vestnik=Belgorod Economic Bulletin, 2013, no. 3(71), pp. 29–35 (in Russian).
- Maalsen S. Smart housing: The political and market responses of the intersections between housing, new sharing economies and smart cities. Cities, 2019, no. 84, pp. 1–7.
- Butryn K., Jasin´ska E., Kovalyshyn O., Preweda E. Sustainable formation of urban development on the example of the primary real estate market in Krakow. E3S Web of Conferences, 2019, no. 86. DOI: 10.1051/e3sconf/20198600010
- Tomal M. Moving towards a smarter housing market: The example of Poland. Sustainability, 2020, vol. 683, no. 12, рр. 2–25. DOI: 10.3390/su12020683
- Imran J., Ahmad S., Kim D. Design and implementation of thermal comfort system based on tasks allocation mechanism in smart homes. Sustainability, 2019, vol. 11, DOI: 10.3390/su11205849
- Gu W., Bao P., Hao W., Kim J. Empirical examination of intention to continue to use smart home services. Sustainability, 2019, vol. 11. DOI: 10.3390/su11195213
- Emelyanova E.E., Chapargina A.N. Expenditure of municipalities budget and population incomes in the Russian Arctic. EKO=ECO, 2019, no. 7(541), pp. 80–98 (in Russian).
- Favstritskaya O.S. Formation of the investment mechanism of the housing markets in the conditions of depressive northern economy (on the example of the Magadan region). Upravlenie ekonomicheskimi sistemami=Management of Economic Systems, 2016, no. 4, pp. 80–87 (in Russian).
- Shirokova E.A. Formirovanie regional’noi strategii obespecheniya zhil’em naseleniya severnoi territorii: monografiya [Formation of a Regional Strategy for Providing Housing for the Population of the Northern Territory: Monograph]. Magadan: Izd-vo SVGU, 2013. 152 p.
- Gavrilova E.I. Housing development management in the northern regions of Russia. Rossiiskii ekonomicheskii internet-zhurnal=Russian Economic Journal, 2009, no. 1, pp. 145–154 (in Russian).
- Kolomak E.A., Kukushkin R.G. Estimating the impact of agglomeration on housing market. Mir ekonomiki i upravleniya=World of Economics and Management, 2019, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 55–63 (in Russian).
- Zainakova S.R. Housing market in Russia: current state, problems and forecasts. Sotsial’no-ekonomicheskie nauki i gumanitarnye issledovaniya=Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities research, 2014, no. 1, pp. 58–62 (in Russian).
- Asaul A. N. The status and prospects of investment and construction activities in the Russian Federation. Ekonomicheskoe vozrozhdenie Rossii=The Economic Revival of Russia, 2008, no. 2, pp. 3–9 (in Russian).
- Sternik G.M., Sternik S.G., Apal’kov A.A. New methodology for assessing housing affordability for the population. Urbanistika i rynok nedvizhimosti=Urban Studies and the Real Estate Market, 2014, no. 2, pp. 31–49 (in Russian).
- Buzyrev V.V., Vladimirov S.A., Buzyrev A.V. Accelerating the solution of housing problem in regions of the Russian federation on the basis of implementation of innovations in construction. Zhilishchnoe stroitel’stvo=Zhilishchnoe Stroitel’stvo (Housing Construction), 2017, no. 10, pp. 6–10 (in Russian).
- Kuznetsova I.G., Molyavko A.V. Securing young professionals in rural areas is as a priority area of regional personnel policy. Ekonomika sel’skogo khozyaistva Rossii=Agricultural Economics of Russia, 2020, no. 5, pp. 30–37 (in Russian).
- Zeng S., Zhang X., Wang X. Population Aging, household savings and asset prices: A study based on urban commercial housing prices. Sustainability, 2019, vol. 11, no. 11. DOI: 10.3390/su11113194
- Makszin K., Bohle D. Housing as a fertility trap: The inability of states, markets, or families to provide adequate housing in East Central Europe. East European Politics and Societies: and Cultures, 2020. DOI: 10.1177/0888325419897748
- Kinder T. Social innovation in services: Technologically assisted new care models for people with dementia and their usability. International Journal of Technology Management, 2010, vol. 51, no.1, pp. 106–120. DOI: 10.1504/IJTM.2010.033131
- Grishanov V.I., Nozdrina N.N., Schneiderman I.M. The role of housing in migration processes in Russia. Narodonaselenie=Population, 2017, no. 4 (78), pp. 91–104 (in Russian).
- Korolkova D.I. The increase of housing accessibility as a factor of human potential development of the region. Upravlenie gorodom: teoriya i praktika=City Governance: Theory and Practice, 2018, no. 3 (30), pp. 65–70 (in Russian).
- Brown J., Matsa D. Locked in by leverage: Job search during the housing crisis. Journal of Financial Economics, 2020, vol. 136, no. 3, pp. 623–648.
- Mulder C.H. Population and housing: A two-sided relationship. Demographic Research, 2006, vol. 15, pp. 401–412. DOI: 10.4054/DemRes.2006.15.13
- Pevalin D.J., Reeves A., Baker E., Bentley R. The impact of persistent poor housing conditions on mental health: A longitudinal population-based study. Preventive Medicine, 2017, vol. 105, pр. 304–310.
- Braubach M., Ferrand A. Energy efficiency, housing, equity and health. International Journal Of Public Health, 2013, vol. 58, pp. 331–332. DOI: 10.1007/s00038-012-0441-2
- Chung RY, Chung GK, Gordon D, et al. Housing affordability effects on physical and mental health: Household survey in a population with the world’s greatest housing affordability stress. Journal of epidemiology and community health, 2020, vol. 74, pp. 164–172. DOI:10.1136/jech-2019-212286
- Curl A., Kearn A., Mason P., Egan M., Tannahill C., Ellaway A. Physical and mental health outcomes following housing improvements: Evidence from the GoWell study. Journal of Epidemiol. Community Health, 2015, vol. 69, pp. 12–19. DOI: 10.1136/jech-2014-204064
- Willand N., Ridley I., Maller, C. Towards explaining the health impacts of residential energy efficiency interventions – a realist review. Part 1: Pathways. Social Science and Medicine, 2015, vol. 61, pp. 191–201. DOI: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2015.02.005
- Favstritskaya O.S. Features of housing market in the northern depressive regions of the Far East. Ekonomika i upravlenie=Economics and Management, 2014, no. 8 (106), pp. 55–61 (in Russian).
- Torstensen K.N., Roszbach K. Housing markets in Scandinavia: Supply, demand and regulation. In: Nijskens R., Lohuis M., Hilbers P., Heeringa W. (eds) Hot Property. Springer, Cham, 2019. DOI: https:// doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-11674-3_11
- Nordahl B.I. Convergences and discrepancies between the policy of inclusionary housing and Norway’s liberal housing and planning policy: an institutional perspective. J Hous and the Built Environ, 2014, no. 29, pp. 489–506. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10901-013-9357-2
- Bredikhin V.V., Volkova A.V. Methodological aspects of evaluating the efficiency of development of the regional housing market. Region: sistemy, ekonomika, upravlenie=Region: Systems, Economics, Management, 2019, no. 3(46), pp. 94–99 (in Russian).
- Kolodina E.A. Study of the trends in local self-government development in contemporary Russia. Izvestiya Baikal’skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta=Bulletin of Baikal State University, 2017, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 162–170 (in Russian).