The study of a silatrane-containing preparation on improving the consumer properties of lettuce (Lactuca sativa var. Dubachek MC), grown hydroponically in phytotron-ISR 0.1
Автор: Othman Ali J., Eliseeva L.G., Zelenkov V.N., Latushkin V.V.
Рубрика: Пищевая биотехнология
Статья в выпуске: 1 (83), 2020 года.
This paper presents the results of experimental study on the possibility of improving consumer properties of lettuce (Lactuca sativa - var. Dubachuk MC) grown under the conditions of closed system in ISR-0.1 phytotron by applying foliar treatment of different concentrations of 1-ethoxysilatran - a new silicon based preparation belonging to Silatrans group. The trail demonstrated no effect of the preparation when applied in a concentration of 5.10-4 ml/l in ES1 treatment. However, the effectiveness starts upon using higher concentrations. The best yield components were obtained as a result of foliar treatments of ES3 and ES4 with concentrations of 5.10-3 and 10-2 ml/l respectively. Applying foliar treatment in vegetative phase resulted in complex effect of activation of physiological processes in plants, stimulating the photosynthetic activity and accumulation of photosynthetic pigments by recording a 22.7% increase in chlorophyll-a and 18.6% in carotenoids content in fresh leaves...
Phytotron, 1-ethoxysilatran, organosilicon, lettuce, nutritional value, antioxidants, total phenols, chlorophyll, nitrates
Короткий адрес: https://readera.ru/140248343
IDR: 140248343 | DOI: 10.20914/2310-1202-2020-1-96-102
Список литературы The study of a silatrane-containing preparation on improving the consumer properties of lettuce (Lactuca sativa var. Dubachek MC), grown hydroponically in phytotron-ISR 0.1
- Szeto Y.T., Kwok T.C., Benzie I.F. Effects of a long-term vegetarian diet on biomarkers of antioxidant status and cardiovascular disease risk. Nutrition. 2004. pp. 863-866.
- Nicolle C., Cardinault N., Gueux E., Jaffrelo L. et al. Health effect of vegetable-based diet: Lettuce consumption improves cholesterol metabolism and antioxidant status in the rat. Clinical Nutrition. 2004. pp. 605-614.
- Serafini M., Bugianesi R., Salucci M., Azzini E. et al. Effect of acute ingestion of fresh and stored lettuce (Lactuca sativa) on plasma total antioxidant capacity and antioxidant levels in human subjects. British Journal of Nutrition. 2002. pp. 615-623.
- Epstein E. Silicon. Annual review of plant biology. 1999. no. 50 (1). pp. 641-664.
- Adrees M., Ali S., Rizwan M., Zia-ur-Rehman M. et al. Mechanisms of silicon-mediated alleviation of heavy metal toxicity in plants: a review. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. 2015. pp. 186-197.
- Datnoff L.E., Snyder G.H., Kornd?rfer G.H. et al. Silicon in agriculture. Studies in plant science. 2001.
- Britez R.M., Watanabe T., Jansen S., Reissmann C.B. et al. The relationship between aluminium and silicon accumulation in leaves of Faramea marginata (Rubiaceae). New Phytologist. 2002. pp. 437-444.
- Voronkov M.G. Biological activity of silatranes. In Bioactive Organo-Silicon Compounds. Springer, 1979. pp. 77-135.
- Britton G. The biochemistry of natural pigments. Cambridge University Press, 1983.
- Brown S.B., Houghton J.D., Hendry G.A.F. Chlorophyll breakdown. Boca Raton, CRC Press, 1991. pp. 465-489.
- Costache M.A., Campeanu G., Neata G. Studies concerning the extraction of chlorophyll and total carotenoids from vegetables. Romanian Biotechnolo Letters. 2012. vol. 17. no. 5. pp. 7702-7708.
- Kopsell D.A., Kopsell D.E. Accumulation and bioavailability of dietary carotenoids in vegetable crops. Trends in Plant Science. 2006. pp. 499-507.
- Shaikh S.D., Dongare M. Analysis of photosynthesis pigments in Adiantumlunulatum Burm. At different localities of Sindhudurg District (Maharastra). Indian Fern. 2008. pp. 83-86.
- Agarwal A., Saleh R.A., Bedaiwy M.A. Role of reactive oxygen species in the pathophysiology of human reproduction. Fertility and sterility. 2003. pp. 829-843.
- Albrecht J.A. Ascorbic acid content and retention in lettuce. Journal of food. 1933. no. 16. pp. 311-316.
- Padayatty S.J., Katz A., Wang Y., Eck P. et al. Vitamin C as an antioxidant: evaluation of its role in disease prevention. Journal of the American college of Nutrition. 2003. pp. 18-35.
- Bielski B.H., Richter H.W., Chan P.C. Some properties of the ascorbate free radical. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 1975. no. 258(1). pp. 231-237.
- Hu F.B. Dietary pattern analysis: a new direction in nutritional epidemiology. Current opinion in lipidology. pp. 3-9.
- Baur S., Klaiber R.G., Koblo A., Carle R. Effect of different washing procedures on phenolic metabolism of shredded, packaged iceberg lettuce during storage. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 2004. pp. 7017-7025.
- DuPont M.S., Mondin Z., Williamson G., Price K.R. Effect of variety, processing, and storage on the flavonoid glycoside content and composition of lettuce and endive. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry. 2000. pp. 3957-3964.
- Lichtenthaler H.K. Chlorophylls and carotenoids: pigments of photosynthetic membranes. Method Enzymo. 1987. pp. 350-382.
- Lichtenthaler H.K., Wellburn A.R. Determinations of total carotenoids and chlorophylls a and b of leaf extracts in different solvents. Biochem. Soc. Trans. 1983. no. 11. pp. 591-592.
- Komarova N.V., Kamentsev Y.S. A practical guide to the use of capillary electrophoresis systems" DROP 105, " Products of processing fruits and vegetables. Methods for determining vitamin C. St. Petersburg, Veda LLC, 2006. 171 p. (in Russian).
- Lapin A.A., Gorbunova E.V., Zelenkov V.N., Gerasimov M.K. Determination of antioxidant activity of wines by coulometric method. Scientific and methodological guide. Moscow, Russian Academy of natural Sciences RAEN, 2009. pp. 64.
- Zagoskina N.V., Nechaeva T.L., Lapshin P.V. A method for determining the total content of phenolic compounds in plant objects. Patent RF, no. 2700787, 2019.
- Lobo V., Patil A., Phatak A., Chandra N. Free radicals, antioxidants and functional foods: Impact on human health. Pharmacognosy reviews. 2010. pp. 118.
- Spinardi A., Cocetta G., Baldassarre V., Ferrante A. et al. Quality changes during storage of spinach and lettuce baby leaf. In VI International Postharvest Symposium. 2009. vol. 877. pp. 571-576.
- Voronkov M.G., Baryshok V.P. Silatrans in medicine and agriculture. Publish house Russian academy of science. 2005. pp. 284-292.