The effective reinforcement ratio of expanded clay concrete by polypropylene fiber
Автор: Maskalkova Yuliya Georgievna, Rzhevutskaya Valeriya Andreevna
Статья в выпуске: 8 (93), 2020 года.
The object of research is the dispersed reinforcement with polypropylene fiber of expanded clay concrete produced by using local raw materials. The purpose of this study is to select the optimal reinforcement ratio of expanded clay concrete containing polypropylene fiber. It is also proposed to investigate which variation of adding fiber is most effective (as an admixture with a constant content of the binding material or instead of cement mass). Method. Polymer fiber reinforcement should be added to the dry mix, thoroughly mix all the components and only then add water to the mix. In case of non-observance of this condition, it is impossible to achieve a homogeneous distribution of fiber in the hardened concrete, and therefore, the effect of disperse reinforcement will be reduced to zero. Results. As a result of investigations, special attention must be paid to the correct preparation technology at the time of concrete mixture preparation. Otherwise, the polymer fiber introduction will have a negative effect. In this case, the coarse aggregate use is a significant condition. The secant modulus of elasticity will decrease by more than two times if the diameter of expanded clay grains increases. It is recommended to use expanded clay gravel with smaller fractions in accordance with investigations. The maximum and minimum allowable content of polypropylene fiber are 0.5-1.5 %. The compressive cube strength increase of expanded clay concrete by polypropylene fiber is achieved by this allowable content in comparison with unreinforced expanded clay concrete with a similar concrete mixture. The most effective is reinforcement ratio of 1.5 %, and the maximum compressive strength increase by 14 %. The polypropylene fiber should be added in a percentage ratio depending on the cement mass with constant cement content in accordance with investigations. The fiber introduction instead of cement by mass negatively affects the strength characteristics.
Lightweight concrete, expanded clay concrete, compressive cube strength, dispersed reinforcement, polypropylene fiber, reinforcement ratio, modulus of elasticity, aggregate diameter
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/143172535
IDR: 143172535 | DOI: 10.18720/CUBS.93.3
Список литературы The effective reinforcement ratio of expanded clay concrete by polypropylene fiber
- Arisoy, B., Wu, H.-C. Material characteristics of high performance lightweight concrete reinforced with PVA. Construction and Building Materials. 22 (4). 2008. Pp. 635- 645. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2006.10.010
- Kayali, O., Haque, M., Zhu, B. Some characteristics of high strength fiber reinforced lightweight aggregate concrete. Cement and Concrete Composites. 25 (2). 2003. Pp. 207-213. 10.1016/s0958- 9465(02)00016-1 DOI: 10.1016/s0958-9465(02)00016-1
- Badogiannis, E.G., Christidis, Κ.I., Tzanetatos, G. E. Evaluation of the mechanical behavior of pumice lightweight concrete reinforced with steel and polypropylene fibers. Construction and Building Materials. 196. 2019. Pp. 443-456. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.11.109
- Libre, N.Al., Shekarchi, M., Mahoutian, M., Soroushian, P. Mechanical properties of hybrid ﬁber reinforced lightweight aggregate concrete made with natural pumice. Construction and Building Materials. 25. 2011. Pp. 2458-2464. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2010.11.058
- Li, J., Niu, J., Wan, Ch., Jin, B., Yin, Y. Investigation on mechanical properties and microstructure of high performance polypropylene ﬁber reinforced lightweight aggregate concrete. Construction and Building Materials. 118. 2016. Pp. 27-35. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2016.04.116
- Ghasemzadeh Mousavinejad, S.H., Shemshad Sara, Y.G. Experimental Study Effect of Silica Fume and Hybrid Fiber on Mechanical Properties Lightweight Concrete. Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions of Civil Engineering. 43(2). 2019. Pp. 263-271. 10.1007/s40996-018- 0137-9
- DOI: 10.1007/s40996-018-0137-9
- Karaburc, S.N., Yildizel, S.A., Calis, G.C. Evaluation of the basalt fiber reinforced pumice lightweight concrete. Magazine of Civil Engineering. 94(2). 2020. Pp. 81-92.
- DOI: 10.18720/MCE.94.7
- Wu, F., Liu, C., Diao, Z., Feng, B., Sun, W., Li, X., Zhao, S. Improvement of Mechanical Properties in Polypropylene- and Glass-Fibre-Reinforced Peach Shell Lightweight Concrete. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering. 2018. Pp. 1-11.
- DOI: 10.1155/2018/6250941
- Corinaldesi, V., Moriconi, G. Use of synthetic fibers in self-compacting lightweight aggregate concretes. Journal of Building Engineering. 4. 2015. Pp. 247-254.
- DOI: 10.1016/j.jobe.2015.10.006
- Rabinovich, F.N. Kompozity na osnove dispersno-armirovannykh betonov. Voprosy teorii i proyektirovaniya, tekhnologiya, konstruktsii: monogr. [Composites based on dispersed-reinforced concrete. Questions of theory and design, technology, construction: monograph]. Moscow, 2004. 560 p.
- Singh, S.K. Polypropylene fiber reinforced concrete. [Online]. System requirements: AdobeAcrobatReader. URL: https://www.nbmcw.com/tech-articles/concrete/26929-pfrc.html (date of application: 2011)
- Chandra, S., Berntsson, L. Lightweight aggregate concrete. Science, Technology, and Applications. New York, 2002. 407 p.
- Clarke, J.L. Structural Lightweight Aggregate Concrete. Glasgow, 2005. 161 p.
- Gunasekaran, Mr.M., Saranya, G., Elamaran, L., Sakthivel, P., Suresh P. Development of Light Weight Concrete by using Autoclaved Aerated Concrete. International Journal for Innovative Research in Science & Technology. 2016. 11(2). Pp. 518-522.
- Ramujee, K. Strength Properties of polypropylene fiber reinforced concrete. International journal of innovative research in science, engineering and technology. 8(2). 2013. Pp. 3409-3413.
- Tomas, U., Ganiron. Jr. Influence of Polymer Fiber on Strength of Concrete. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology. 2013. No 55. Pp. 53-66.
- Ede, A.Nk., Abimbola, Ige, O. Optimal Polypropylene Fiber Content for Improved Compressive and Flexural Strength of Concrete. Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE). 11(3). 2014. Pp. 129-135.
- Aulia, T.B. Effects of polypropylene fibres on the properties of high strength concretes. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/292307093 (date of aplication: 2002)
- Kim, Y., Hu, J., Lee, S., You B. Mechanical Properties of Fiber Reinforced Lightweight Concrete Containing Surfactant. Advances in Civil Engineering. 2010. 8 p.
- Pothisiri, T., Soklin, C. Effects of Mixing Sequence of Polypropylene Fibers on Spalling Resistance of Normal Strength Concrete. Engineering Journal. 18 (3). 2014. Pp. 55-64.
- Korovkin, M.O., Yeroshkina, N.A., Yanbukova, A.R. Issledovaniye effektivnosti polimernoy fibry v melkozernistom betone [Efficiency investigation of polymer fiber forfine concrete] [Online]. System requirements: AdobeAcrobatReader. URL:https://www.ivdon.ru/ru/magazine/archive/n2y2017/4164 (reference date: 2019).
- Yemel'yanova, I.A., Shevchenko, V.I. Modelirovaniye protsessa peremeshivaniya betonnoy smesi s polipropilenovoy fibroy [Mixing process modeling of concrete mix with polypropylene fiber]. Concrete technology: Information scientific and technical journal. Moscow, 2014. 92(3). Pp. 36-38.
- Sostav betona s fibrami [Concrete mix with fiber] [Online]. System requirements: AdobeAcrobatReader. URL: http://www.betonvtomske.ru/sostav-betona-s-fibrami(reference date: 2019).
- Taheri Fard, A.R., Soheili, H., Ramzani, M.S., Farnood, A.P. Combined Effect of Glass Fiber and Polypropylene Fiber On Mechanical Properties of Self-Compacting Concrete. Magazine of Civil Engineering. 2016. No. 2. Pp. 26-31.
- Abdulkader, Is.A., Ibrahem, A.S., Noor, S.N. Mechanical Properties of Carbon Fiber Lightweight Aggregate Concrete Containing Acrylic Polymer.Anbar Journal for Engineering Sciences. 2013. 6(3). Pp. 358-373.
- Rekomendatsii po podboru sostavov, izgotovleniyui primeneniyu modifitsirovannykh khimi- cheskimiimineral'nymi dobavkami konstruktsionno-teploizolyatsionnogo i konstruktsionnogo keram- zitobetonov [Recommendations on the batching, concrete mix preparation and use of structural insulation and structural claydite-concrete with modified chemical and mineral admixtures]. Minsk: InstitutBelNIIS. 2013. 38 p.
- Carneiro, V.H., Pereira J., Lopes V., Jesus C., Puga H. Inverse engineering approach to determine the elastic properties of lightweight expanded clay. Construction and Building Materials. 2019. No 216. Pp. 11-18.
- Moskalkova, Yu.H. Behavior of claydite at the stage of microcrack formation. Science and Construction. Kiev, 2017. 13 (3). Pp. 40-43.