Study of flocculating effects of ozone on wastewater of woodworking enterprises
Автор: Mazitova A.K., Sukhareva I.A., Sidorov G.M., Abdrakhmanova L.K., Кuznetsova E.V.
Рубрика: Solution for ecological problems
Статья в выпуске: 4 Vol.12, 2020 года.
The sewer of woodworking enterprises in the construction industry are characterized by a high content of suspended and dissolved toxic substances, including phenol, and a high value of chemical oxygen consumption (COD). At the same time, some enterprises do not have their own local treatment facilities and need to develop their own integrated treatment systems. One of the effective methods for removing pollution is wastewater ozonation, used in three versions: flocculation with small doses of ozone (pre-ozonation) at the initial stage to remove suspended substances, oxidative ozonation and decontamination. However, methods for treating wastewater from wood processing plants using ozone have not been sufficiently studied. Therefore, we investigated the flocculating effect of ozone in the process of cleaning the effluents of the plywood-plate mill, tested the effect of the dose of ozone during flocculation in the presence of a small number of coagulants VPK-402 and Kaustamine-15 on the concentration of suspended substances, phenol and COD value. VPK-402 and Kaustamine-15 – reagents of regional production, are low-toxic and are allowed for use in the treatment of even drinking water. The results of the experiments on the pre-ozonation of wastewater showed a high efficiency of this method, which allows reducing COD by 3.8 (VPK-402) and 2.3 times (Kaustamine-15), phenol content by 2.9 (VPK-402) and 1.9 times (Kaustamine-15), suspended content by 4.0 (ВПК-402) and 3.5 times (Kaustamine-15). The use of pre-ozonation makes it possible to completely abandon flocculants in the physicochemical stage of wastewater treatment. Coagulation-flocculation can be successfully carried out with ozone and coagulant in small doses of 2–5 and 40 mg/dm3 (VPK-402) or 50 mg/dm3 (Kaustamine-15), respectively, for 5 minutes. Physicochemical indicators of water quality improved compared to treatment with coagulant alone: COD decreased by 23%, phenol content by 55%, suspended substances by 22%. The use of ozone as a flocculant in the clarification of wastewater reduces the cost of reagents, prevents secondary contamination of water, and increases the efficiency of further oxidative treatment.
Coagulant, flocculant, ozonation, wastewater from woodworking enterprises
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/142226967
IDR: 142226967 | DOI: 10.15828/2075-8545-2020-12-4-204-210
Список литературы Study of flocculating effects of ozone on wastewater of woodworking enterprises
- Aminova A.F., Sukhareva I.A., Martyasheva V.A., Baturina K.V. Issledovanie vliyaniya koagulyantov na ochistku stochnyh vod ufimskogo fanerno plitnogo kombinata. Oil and gas business. 2015; 13(3): 18-21.
- Yagafarova G.G., Aminova A.F., Sukhareva I.A., Khangildina A.R., Khangildin R.I. Development of a method for treating wastewater from difficult-to-oxidize organic compounds. Water: chemistry and ecology. 2016; 1: 24-29.
- Mazitova A.K., Aminova A.F., Sukhareva I.A. Purification of wastewater of some construction materials production. In: IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering: international Conference on Construction, Architecture and Technosphere Safety, 25–27 September 2019. Vol. 687: ICCATS-2019.066073.
- Zhukov A.I., Mongait I.D., Rodziller I.D. Process WasteWater Treatment Methods. Moscow: Stroyizdat; 1977.
- YakovlevS.V., PeskovS.V., KarelinYa.A., LaskovYu.M., VoronovYu.V. Treatment of industrial wastewater. Moscow: Stroyizdat; 1985.
- Rubinskaya A.V., Chistova N.G., AlashkevichYu.D. Efficiency of cooling water treatment in fiber boards production. Chemical technology of vegetable raw materials processing. 2008; 3: 354-358.
- Chistova N.G., AlashkevichYu.D., Rubinskaya A.V. Problems of wastewater treatment in the production of wood fiber boards by wet method.In: Ecology and safety of life: Proceedings of the IV International Scientific and Practical Conference, 2004, Penza. 2004. Р. 145–146.
- Meshalkin A.V., Dmitrieva T.V., Strizhko L.S. Ecochemical Workshop: textbook. Moscow: Sayns-Press; 2002.
- Kuzubova L.I., Kobrina V.N. Chemical methods of water treatment (chlorination, ozonation, fluorination). Novosibirsk: Ecology; 1996.
- Mazitova A.K., Sukhareva I.A., Aminova G.K., Nasyrova G.M., Udalova E.A., Sergeev V.A. Study of the possibilities of using ozone as a flocculant. Bashkir Chemical Journal. 2019;26(4): 25-28.
- Tskhe A.A., Khan V.A., Myshkin V.F., Kolesnikov V.P., Wilson E.V., PochuevYu.N., Lukanin A.A. Pre-ozonation – as a means of intensification of biological wastewater treatment processes. Scientific Journal of Kuban State Agrarian University. 2013;87:276-301.
- Aminova A.F., Sukhareva I.A., Buylova E.A., Nezdyokin D.V., Fayzullina S.R. Wastewater treatment of wood processing industry using ozone. In: Problems of water, energy supply and ecology in modern construction: materials of the international scientific and technical conference. Baku: Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction; 2018.
- Zhitenev B.N., Taratenkova M.A. Discoloration of surface waters by coagulation with preliminary ozonation for production water supply.Bulletin of Brest State Technical University. 2016;2: 67-70.
- Ameta R. Advanced Oxidation Processes for Wastewater Treatment: Emerging Green Chemical Technology. Academic Press, 2018.
- Himadri R.G. Advanced Oxidation Processes for the Treatment of Biorecalcitrant Organics in Wastewater. Critical reviews in environmental science and technology. 2014;44: 1167-1219.
- Buyukada M. Modeling of decolorization of synthetic reactive dyestuff solutions with response surface methodology by a rapid and efficient process of ultrasound -assisted ozone oxidation. Desalination and water treatment. 2016;57: 14973-14985.
- Hrishikesh V.K. Intensification of catalytic wet air oxidation for industrial effluent treatment using ozone and ultrasound as pretreatment.Desalination and water treatment. 2017; 58: 63-71.
- Barry L.L.Forty Years of Advances in Ozone Technology.Ozone: Science&Engineering. 2018; 40: 3-20.
- KofmanV.Ya. New oxidizing technologies for water and wastewater treatment. Part 1.Water supply and sanitation. 2013;10: 68-78.
- Asfandiyarova L.R., Godzhaeva A.R. Synthesis of water-soluble cationic polyelectrolyte based on epichlorohydrin and dimethylamine.The world of petroleum products. Oil Company Bulletin. 2013;12: 15-16.
- Topchiev D.A., Malkanduev Yu.A. Kationnyepolielektrolity. Cationic polyelectrolytes. Gets, properties, and uses. Moscow: Academbook; 2004.
- Daminev R.R, Fatkullin R.N. Asfandiyarov R.N., Asfandiyarova L.R., Yunusova G.V. Features of production of salt-free N, N-dimethyl-N, Ndiallylammonium chloride and polymer based on it.Butler messages. 2015; 43: 112-116.
- Mazitova A.K., Sukhareva I.A., Aminova A.F., Yagafarova G.G., SavichevaYu.N. Ozonation of waste water of woodworking enterprises using a heterogeneous catalyst with nanopowders. Nanotechnology in Construction. 2019;11(4): 394-404. Available from: doi:10.15828/2075-8545-2019-11-4-394-404.