Performance-based pay - a new (mixed) payment scheme for Russian civil servants
Автор: Grinberg Ruslan S., Akhunov Rustem R., Volodin Andrey I., Gubarev Roman V., Dzyuba Evgeniy I.
Рубрика: Labor economics
Статья в выпуске: 6 (60) т.11, 2018 года.
We have developed a fundamentally new approach to the provision of financial incentives (bonuses) to civil servants, which does not contradict the concept of new public management (NPM) and has a certain similarity with the corporate (Asian) performance-based type of remuneration system. In the context of our study, “performance” means socio-economic development of Russian regions. We develop and test our methodology in two successive stages: first, we carry out a retrospective assessment of the level of development of Russia's constituent entities (according to regional statistics), and then we calculate the amount of bonuses paid to civil servants according to their performance. Based on the level of socio-economic development, we solve the problem of clustering of Russian regions with the use of neuromodeling. The prognostic function is implemented on the basis of neural network technologies (through the development of appropriate Bayesian ensemble of dynamic neuromodules)...
Evaluation of public administration efficiency, socio-economic development, constituent entities of the russian federation, neuromodeling, performance-based remuneration of civil servants, progressive scale, budget expenditures
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/147224108
IDR: 147224108 | DOI: 10.15838/esc.2018.6.60.10
Список литературы Performance-based pay - a new (mixed) payment scheme for Russian civil servants
- Yuzhakov V.N. Result-based public management: the Russian model. Voprosy gosudarstvennogo i munitsipal'nogo upravleniya=Public Administration Issues, 2016, no. 2, pp. 165-174..
- Gerrish E. The impact of performance management on performance in public organizations: a meta-analysis. Public Administration Review, 2016, vol. 76, pp. 48-66.
- Kerpershoek E., Groenleer M., de Bruijn H. Unintended responses to performance management in Dutch hospital care: bringing together the managerial and professional perspectives. Public Management Review, 2016, vol. 18, pp. 417-436.
- Kalgin A.S., Dvinskikh D.Yu., Parfent'eva D.S. Do performance management systems increase the civil servants' job satisfaction? Voprosy gosudarstvennogo i munitsipal'nogo upravleniya=Public Administration Issues, 2017, no. 3, pp. 129-148..
- Pryazhnikov N.S., Polevaya M.V., Kamneva E.V. The main problems of the existing systems of labor motivation of civil servants and the prospects for overcoming them. Upravlencheskie nauki=Management Science, 2017, no. 4, pp. 72-79..
- Ilyin V.A., Morev M.V. Revisiting the issue concerning the future of russian statehood… Ekonomicheskie i sotsial'nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz=Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast, 2018, no. 5, pp. 9-29..
- Borshchevskii G.A. Objective аssessment indicies of public administration efficiency. Upravlencheskie nauki=Management Science, 2016, no. 4, pp. 33-43..
- Gubarev R.V., Dzyuba E.I., Tyulenev Yu.V., Faizullin F.S. Performance bonuses for Russian public officers. Finansy=Finance, 2018, no. 5, pp. 51-58..
- Barabashev A.G. Crisis of state governance and its influence on basic administrative paradigms of state and bureaucracy Voprosy gosudarstvennogo i munitsipal'nogo upravleniya=Public Administration Issues, 2016, no. 3, pp. 163-194..
- Osborne S. The New Public Governance? Public Management Review, 2006, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 377-387.
- Shultz D. The idea of the "state" in contemporary public administration theory. RUDN Journal of Public Administration, 2014, no. 1, pp. 90-102.
- Osborne S., Radnor Z., Strokosch K. Co-production and the co-creation of value in public services: a suitable case for treatment? Public Management Review, 2016, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 639-653.
- Van Eijk C., Steen T. Why engage in co-production of public services? Mixing theory and empirical evidence. International Review of Administrative Sciences, 2016, vol. 82, no. 1, pp. 28-46.
- Brown G. Bringing the state back into cosmopolitanism: the idea of responsible cosmopolitan states. Political Studies Review, 2011, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 53-66.
- Pollitt C. Government for the Future. Ministry of Finance. Helsinki. 2013. Available at: https://www.vm.fi/vm/fi/04_julkaisut/08_muut_julkaisut/20131119/govern/government_for_the_future/pdf.
- Hammerschmid G., Van de Walle S., Andrews R., Bezes P. (Eds.). Public Administration Reforms in Europe. The View from the Top. UK; Northampton MA, USA: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2016. 304 p.
- Kupryashin G.L. A kaleidoscope of administrative reforms in europe: experiences and views from top civil service executives. Voprosy gosudarstvennogo i munitsipal'nogo upravleniya=Public Administration Issues, 2018, no. 1, pp. 197-205..
- Gehlbach S. What is a Big Bureaucracy? Reflections on rebuilding Leviathan and Runaway. Czech Sociological Review, 2008, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 1189-1197.
- De Vries M., Nemec J. Public sector reform: an overview of recent literature and research on NPM and alternative paths. The International Journal of Public Sector Management, 2013, vol. 26. no. 1. pp. 4-16.
- Denhardt J.V., Denhardt R.B. The new public service revisited. Public Administration Review, 2015, vol. 75, no 5, pp. 664-672.
- Zhuravleva T.A. The system of remuneration and motivation of public civil servants: a review of international practice. Gosudarstvennoe upravlenie: elektronnyi vestnik=E-journal. Public Administration, 2017, no. 64, pp. 331-345..
- Vorob'eva E.S., Panina O.V. New Zealand's best practices to improve the performance of public civil servants. Innovatsionnaya ekonomika: informatsiya, analitika, prognozy=Innovative Economy: Information, Analytics, Forecasts, 2014, no. 3, pp. 22-24..
- Zhigun L.A. Modern models of US civil servant remuneration. Upravlencheskie nauki=Management Science, 2014, no. 3, pp. 48-55..
- Krasil'nikov D., Sivintseva O. New public management in China: conservative version of administrative reforms. Mirovaya ekonomika i mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya=World Economy and International Relations, 2016, no. 8, pp. 85-95..
- Van Ryzin G.G. Outcomes, process, and trust of civil servants. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 2011, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 745-760.
- Borshchevskii G.A. Assessment of trends in civil service: methodological issues. Voprosy gosudarstvennogo i munitsipal'nogo upravleniya=Public Administration Issues, 2017, no. 1, pp. 103-128..
- Tatarkin A.I. New industrialization of the Russian economy: need for development and/or challenges of the time. Ekonomicheskoe vozrozhdenie Rossii=The Economic Revival of Russia. 2015. No. 2. С. 20-31..
- Grinberg R.S. Russian way out of the crisis: originality versus universal trend. Zhurnal novoi ekonomicheskoi assotsiatsii=The Journal of the New Economic Association, 2015, no. 2, pp. 190-196..
- Gagarina G.Yu., Dzyuba E.I., Gubarev R.V., Faizullin F.S. Forecasting of socio-economic development of the Russian regions. Ekonomika regiona=Economics of Region, 2017, no. 4, pp. 1080-1094..
- Aganbegyan A.G. Socio-economic development of Russia: analysis and forecast. Problemy prognozirovaniya=Studies on Russian Economic Development, 2014, no. 4, pp. 3-16..
- Bodrunov S.D. Re-industrialization: socio-economic parameters of reintegrating production, science and education. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya=Sociological Studies, 2016, no. 2, pp. 20-28..
- Glazyev S. On alternative policy of sustainable socio-economic development of Russia. Mir peremen=World of Changes, 2013, no. 1, pp. 89-95..
- Ivanter V.V., Komkov N.I. Status and prospects of development Russian innovation sphere the program of the Presidium of Russian Academy of Sciences. Analysis and forecast of long-term scientific trends and technological development: Russia and the World". MIR (Modernizatsiya. Innovatsii. Razvitie)=MIR (Modernization. Innovation. Research), 2016, no. 1, pp. 76-83..
- Tatarkin A.I. Regional orientation of economic policy of the Russian Federation as an institute of spatial arrangement of territories. Ekonomika regiona=Economics of Region, 2016, no. 1, pp. 9-27..
- Toshchenko Zh.N. Precariat -a new social class. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya=Sociological Studies, 2015, no. 6, pp. 3-13..
- Faizullin F.S., Dzyuba E.I., Gubarev R.V. Clustering of Russian regions by the level of socio-economic development. In: Innovatsionnye tekhnologii upravleniya sotsial'no-ekonomicheskim razvitiem regionov Rossii: Materialy X Vserossiiskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem . Ufa: ISEI UFITs RAN, 2018. Pp. 128-141..
- Bukaev G.I., Bublik N.D., Gorbatkov S.A., Satarov R.F. Modernizatsiya sistemy nalogovogo kontrolya na osnove neirosetevykh informatsionnykh tekhnologii . Мoscow: Nauka, 2001. 344 p.
- Zalozhnev D.A., Novikov D.A. Modeli Sistem Oplaty Truda . Мoscow: PMSOFT, 2009. 192 p.
- Kouz R. Firma, rynok i pravo . Moscow: Novoe izdatel'stvo, 2007. 224 p.
- Vasin A.A., Nikolaev P.V., Urazov A.S. On the optimal organization of the management structure. Doklady Akademii nauk=Academy of Sciences Reports, 2012, no. 3, pp. 262-265.