Effect of Noise on the Average Received SNR of Different Combining Schemes
Автор: Shivani Gupta, Pragya Awasthi
Статья в выпуске: 1 Vol.4, 2014 года.
In wireless communication system, the multipath fading affects the performance of the system. Diversity-combining scheme is one of the powerful tools to mitigate the effect of fading. The multiple antennas provide an improvement in the capacity and reliability of the system. The performance of four combining schemes - Selection Combining (SC), Maximum Ratio Combining (MRC), Equal Gain Combining (EGC), and Generalised Selection combining (GSC)- in the presence of both the perfect and an imperfect channel state information (CSI) at the receiver is studied in this contribution by Monte Carlo simulations in the MATLAB environment, when communicating over Rayleigh fading channels. Our results show that the presence of the complex noise in the channel degrades the performance of the system in all four combining schemes, but the degradation in performance is found to be maximum in MRC and minimum in SC. Performance of EGC lies in between the performance of MRC and SC, whereas the performance of GSC depends upon the number of antennas being selected and it is upper bounded by the MRC and lower bounded by the SC. Also, the results show that as the value of SNR is increased the average received SNR increases in both the channels.
Diversity, Rayleigh fading, multipath
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15012855
Список литературы Effect of Noise on the Average Received SNR of Different Combining Schemes
- Rafic Ayoubi, Jean-Pierre Dubois, Rania Minkara, “FPGA Implementation of Generalized Maximal Ratio Combining Receiver Diversity”, World Academy od Science, Engineering and Technology, 44, 2010.
- Shivani Gupta, Dr. Himanshu Katiyar, “Comparative Study of Average Received SNR of Different Combining Schemes”, ISRTEC-2012, KNIT, Sultanpur.
- A. Viterbi, A. Viterbi, K. Gilhousen, and E. Zehavi, “Soft handoff extends CDMA cell coverage and increases reverse link capacity,” IEEE J. Select. Areas Commun., vol. 12, pp. 1281–1288, Oct. 1994.
- Haewoon Nam; Young-Chai Ko; Womack, B.F., “Performance Analysis of OT-MRC Over I.I.D. Nakagami and Non-I.I.D. Rayleigh Fading Channels”, IEEE transaction, vol. 45, issue 6, pp. 1941-1946, 2006.
- Frank M. Caimi, Kerry L. Greer, Jason M. Hendler, “Antenna Diversity in Wireless Local Area Network Devices”, Jan 2002.
- Shahab Sanayei, Aria Nosratinia, “Antenna Selection in MIMO Systems”, IEEE commun. Magazine, Oct. 2004.
- Andrea Goldsmith, “Wireless Communications”, Stanford University, Cambridge University Press, pp. 191-192.
- Theodore S. Rappaport, “Wireless Communications”, second edition, pp. 210.