Design of a Virtual Area Network for National Open University Sokoto Study Center
Автор: Zaharaddeen M. Bello, Bello A. Buhari, Sirajo Shehu
Статья в выпуске: 1 Vol.10, 2020 года.
Nowadays, there is a need for an efficient and effective way in which computers are interconnected. In National Open University Sokoto Study Center network there exist problems such as: more traffic which may slower the network performance, bandwidth wastage and security problems because the host and servers that are connected to Layer 2 switch are part of the same network segment. To resolve these problems we identify the networking media that best suits the network to enable person-to-person communication, determine the best network architecture that would enable effective resource sharing between all staff offices, design respective VLANs for different units, configure network addresses for each units and identify configurations required on router and switches to create VLAN’s and Inter VLANrouting. After the implementation of proposed Virtual Local Area Network in ICT unit of National Open University Sokoto study center, effective resource sharing and communication is achieved. Hence, implementation of this study is practically cost effective.
VLAN, Network, National Open University, Local Area Networks, Resource Sharing
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15017171
IDR: 15017171 | DOI: 10.5815/ijwmt.2020.01.03
Список литературы Design of a Virtual Area Network for National Open University Sokoto Study Center
- TechTarget Networks: (2019), Network Administration Guide., Retrieved from https://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/tutorial/Network-administration-guide.
- Pal, G. P., & Pal, S. (2013). Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN). Faculty of Electronics & Communication Engineering Department.
- Mehdizadeha, A., Suinggia, K., Mohammadpoorb, M., & Haruna, H. (2017, December). Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN): Segmentation and Security. In The Third International Conference on Computing Technology and Information Management (ICCTIM2017) (pp. 78-89).
- Tambe, S. S. (2015). Understanding Virtual Local Area Networks. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology, 25(4), 174-176.
- Zhu, M., Molle, M., & Brahmam, B. (2004, November). Design and implementation of application-based secure VLAN. In 29th Annual IEEE International Conference on Local Computer Networks (pp. 407-408). IEEE.
- Mulyawan, B. (2011). Campus network design and implementation using top down approach. In Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Information Systems for Business Competitiveness (ICISBC’11).
- Hartpence, B. (n.d.). Packet Guide to Routing and Switching. Retrieved December 30, 2019, from https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/packet-guide-to/9781449311315/ch04.html.
- Layer 2 Switch. (n.d.). Retrieved December 30, 2019, from https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/computer-science/layer-2-switch.
- Tanenbaum, A. S. (2003). Computer Networks. 4th edition. New Delhi: Prentice Hall.
- Forouzan, B.A. (2004).Data Communication and Networking. 3rd edition. New Delhi: McGraw Hill Publishing Company.
- Forouzan, B.A. (2007).Data Communication and Networking. 4rd edition. New Delhi:Kennedy Clark & Kavin Hamilton (1999). Cisco LAN Switching. Cisco Press
- Nnonyelum Ugomma Martha (2004). Design of a Local Area Network
- Bassey, D. E., Okon, B. E., & Umunnah, R. (2016). „The Security Implications of Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), Niger Mills, Calabar, Nigeria‟. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research (IJSER), 7(3), 1187-1194.
- Mathew, A., & Prabhu, B. (2017). A Study on Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) and Inter-VLAN Routing. International Journal of Current Engineering and Scientific Research (IJCESR), 4(10).
- Hossain, M. A., & Zannat, M. (2019). Simulation and Design of University Area Network Scenario (UANS) using Cisco Packet Tracer. Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology.