Application of bird swarm algorithm for allocation of distributed generation in an Indian practical distribution network
Автор: Sabarinath.G., T.Gowri Manohar
Статья в выпуске: 7 vol.11, 2019 года.
This article addresses an optimal allocation of multi Distributed Generation (DG) units in an Indian practical radial distribution network (RDN) for minimization of network loss and voltage deviation. For this work, combined sensitivity index (CSI) is utilized to identify the appropriate positions/locations of DG units. However, the appropriate size of DG is determined through a nature-inspired; population-based Bird Swarm Algorithm (BSA). Secondly, the influence of DG penetration level on network loss and voltage profile is investigated and presented. In this regard, two types of DG technologies (solar and biomass) are considered for loss reduction and voltage deviation reduction. The performance of CSI and BSA methodology is successfully evaluated on an Indian practical 52-bus RDN.
Bird swarm algorithm, Combined sensitivity index, Distributed generation, Distribution network, Power loss, Voltage deviation
Короткий адрес: https://readera.ru/15016609
IDR: 15016609 | DOI: 10.5815/ijisa.2019.07.06
Список литературы Application of bird swarm algorithm for allocation of distributed generation in an Indian practical distribution network
- G.Namachivayam,C.sankaralingam,S.K.Perumal,S.T.Devanathan, “Reconfiguration and capacitor placement of radial distribution systems by modifier flower pollination algorithm,” Electrical power components and systems,pp.1-11,2016.
- T. Ackermann, G. Anderson, and L. Soder., “Distributed generation: a definition,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol.57, pp.195–204, 2001.
- S.R.gampa,D.Das, “Optimum placement and sizing of DGs Considering average hourly variations of load,” Electrical power and energy systems, Vol.66,pp.25-45,2015.V.V.S.N.Murthy, A.Kumar, “mesh distribution system analysis in presence of distributed generation with time varying load model,” Electrical power and energy systems, Vol. 62,pp.836-854,2014.
- D. Q. Hung, N. Mithulananthan, R. C. Bansal, and S. Member, “Analytical Expressions for DG Allocation in Primary Distribution Networks,” IEEE Trans. On energy conversion, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 814–820, 2010.
- P.Mehta, P.Bhatt, and V.Pandya, "Optimal selection of distributed generating units and its placement for voltage stability enhancement and energy loss minimization" Ain Shams Eng.Jour.,vol.9,pp.187-201,2018.
- M.Esmaeili, M.Sedighizadeh, M.esmili, "Multi-objective optimal reconfiguration and DG(Distributed Generation) power allocation in distribution networks using Big Bang-Big Crunch algorithm considering load uncertainty,"Energy, Vol.103,pp.86-99,2016.
- V. A. Evangelopoulos and P. S. Georgilakis, "Optimal distributed generation placement under uncertainties based on point estimate method embedded genetic algorithm," IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, vol. 8, pp. 389-400, (2014).
- A.A.AloukiliM.A.Ei-Sharkawy, M.A.Attia, "Optimum sizing and sitting for DG units using Hybrid 2/3 rule and harmony search algorithm, "Int. Jour. Of Engineering works, Vol.5, pp.1-9, 2018.
- C.Wang, and M.H.Nehrir, "Analytical approaches for optimal placement of distributed generation sources in power systems,” IEEE Trans. on power systems, vol.19, pp.2068-2076, 2004.
- M.M.Aman, G.B.Jasmon, H.Mokhlis, and A.H.A.Bakar, "Optimal placement and sizing of a DG based on a new power stability index and line losses," Electrical power and energy systems,vol.43,pp.1296-1304,2012.
- S.G.Naik, D.K.Katod, and M.P.Sharma, "Optimal allocation of combined DG and capacitor for real power loss minimization in distribution networks," Electrical power and energy systems, vol.53,pp.967-973,2013.
- S.Kansal, V.Kumar, and B.Tyagi, "Optimal placement of different type of DG sources in distribution networks," Electrical power and energy systems, vol.53,pp.752-760,2013.
- F.S.A.Mouti, M.E.E.Hawary, "Optimal distributed generation allocation and sizing in distribution systems via artificial bee colony algorithm," IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, vol.26,pp.2090-2101,2011.
- S. Saha and V. Mukherjee, “Optimal placement and sizing of DGs in RDS using chaos embedded SOS algorithm,” IET Gener. Transmission. Distrib., vol. 10, no. 14, pp. 3671–3680, Apr. 2016.
- S.A.C.Devi, L.Lakshminarasimman, R.Balamurugan," Stud Krill herd Algorithm for multiple DG placement and sizing in a radial distribution system," Eng. Sci. and Tech. an Int. Jour.,vol.20,pp.748-759,2017.
- U.Sultana, A.B.Khiriddin,A.S.Mokhtar,N. Zareen, B. Sultana, "Grey wolf optimizer based placement and sizing of multiple distributed generation in the distribution system, "Energy,pp.525-536,2016.
- D.R.Prabha, T.Jayabarathi, "Optimal placement and sizing of multiple distributed generating units in distribution networks by invasive weed optimization algorithm," Ain Shams Eng. Jour.,2015.
- S.R.Gampa, D.Das. “ Optimum placement and sizing of DGs considering average hourly variations of load," Electrical power and energy systems, Vol. 66,pp.25-40,2015.
- X.Meng, X.Z.Gao, L.Lu, Y.Liu, H. Zhang, "A new bio-inspired optimization algorithm: Bird Swarm Algorithm," Jour, of experimental & Theoretical artificial intelligence,2015.
- D.Thukaram, H.P.Khincha, H.P.Vijayanarasimha, “Artificial neural network and support vector machine approach for locating faults in radial distribution systems," IEEE Trans. On power del.,Vol.20,pp.710-721,2005
- P.Kayal,S.Chandra,C.K.Chandra, “Determination of voltage stability in distribution network using ANN technique,” Int. Jour. On Elec. Eng. And Inf., Vol.4,pp.347-360,2012.