An Efficient and Comapct Design of Coupled-Line Unequal Wilkinson Power Divider
Автор: Avneet Kaur, Jyoteesh Malhotra
Статья в выпуске: 1 Vol.7, 2017 года.
In this paper, 3:1 and 10:1 unequal Wilkinson power dividers are designed and investigated. Unequal power dividers are an integral part of the feeding network for antenna array where their performance affects a group of elements rather than an individual element. Thus, there is a need for an accurate design for such dividers. A coupled-line section with two grounding via has been used to attain the high characteristic impedance line. This is done in order to outplay the microstrip fabrication constraints of printing very thin/fine conductor lines. Further to reduce the size of the structure, meandering of the transmission line has been done which procreates three designs, namely: 00 Serpentine Flexure, 1800 Serpentine Flexure and Compact Meandered Flexure. Verification of the design methodology has been done by creating a 10:1 Unequal WPD. The structures are implemented on a high-resistive silicon substrate (HRS) for a centre frequency of 1.575 GHz. Further, their EM analysis is done in terms of S-parameters such as return loss and insertion loss using commercially available FEM solver. Satisfactory RF performance, with return loss better than -10 dB and required power split for all the structures, has been achieved.
Wilkinson power divider, Coupled line section, Meanders, High resistive silicon, microstrip
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15012971
Список литературы An Efficient and Comapct Design of Coupled-Line Unequal Wilkinson Power Divider
- D. M. Pozar, Microwave Engineering, 2 ed. New York:Wiley, 1998.
- R. E. Collin, Foundations for Microwave Engineering, 2nd Edition, McGraw Hill, 1992.
- E. J. Wilkinson, "An N-way hybrid power divider," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., vol. MTT-8, no. 1, pp. 116–118, Jan. 1960.
- T. C. Edwards, Foundations for Microstrip Circuit Design, John Wiley, 1992.
- J.-S. Lim, S.-W. Lee, C.-S. Kim, J.-S. Park, D. Ahn, and S. Nam, "A 4:1 unequal Wilkinson power divider," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 124–126, Mar. 2001.
- Z. Zhang, Y.-C. Jiao, S. Tu, S.-M. Ning, and S.-F. Cao, "A miniaturized broadband 4 : 1 unequal Wilkinson power divider," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 4, 505-511, 2010.
- J.-X. Chen and Q. Xue, "Novel 5:1 unequal Wilkinson power divider using offset double-side parallel-strip lines," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 175–177, Mar. 2007.
- M. Moradian and H. Oraizi, "Application of grooved substrates for design of unequal Wilkinson power dividers," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 1, Jun. 2008.
- Y. Wu, Y. Liu, S. Li, and C. Yu, "Extremely unequal Wilkinson power divider with dual transmission lines," Electronics Letters, Vol. 46, No. 1, 90-91, 2010.
- Yang, J. Chen, and Q. Xue, "Novel approach to the design of unequal power divider with high dividing ratio," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 5, 1240-1243, May 2009.
- Cheng and P. W. Li, "A novel power divider design with unequal power dividing ratio and simple layout," IEEE Trans. On Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 57, No. 6, 1589-1594, Jun. 2009.
- Y. Z. Zhu, W. H. Zhu, X.-J. Zhang, M. Jiang, and G.-Y. Fang, "Shunt-stub Wilkinson power divider for unequal distribution ratio," IET. Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 4, No. 3, 334-341, 2010.
- J.-L. Li and B.-Z. Wang, "Novel design of Wilkinson power dividers with arbitrary power division ratios," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 58, No. 6, 2541-2546, Jun. 2011.
- Haidong Chen, Tianyu Zhang, Wenquan Che and Wenjie Feng, "Compact Unequal Wilkinson Power Divider With Large Power Dividing Ratio", Proceedings of the 44th European Microwave Conference, 2014.
- B. Li, Xi. D. Wu, and W. Wu, "A 10:1 unequal Wilkinson power divider using coupled lines with two shorts," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., vol.19, no.12, pp.789-791, Mar.2009.
- Advanced Design System (ADS) 2011- Agilent Technologies.