A Hybrid Selection Approach Based on Advanced Antenna Technologies for Cellular LTE-A
Автор: Mina Malekzadeh
Статья в выпуске: 2 Vol.11, 2021 года.
While addressing cellular network performance issues, resolving problems with coverage and capacity is critical. The coexistence of cellular networks and smaller femtocells working within the macrocell area is among the alternative solutions. The simultaneous functioning of macrocells and femtocells, however, introduces new technical challenges that pose serious concerns about the efficiency of cellular networks. Therefore, this work proposes a hybrid approach based on variant advanced antenna technologies including MIMO methods and antenna systems for the deployment of femtocells and macrocells. To accomplish this, three distinct LTE-A network models with and without femtocells are set up with different architectures for high-density areas. The models further cover tri-sector and omnidirectional antenna systems to analyze the relevant effects on the performance of the LTE-A macrocells as well as femtocells. Also, to extend the analysis, integration of different MIMO methods for the models is provided. The networks are implemented and the link performance evaluation is carried out with regard to spectral and energy efficiency, cell and user throughputs, fairness, and SINR. The results contribute to determining the performance gains and energy saving of the LTE-A femtocells as well as macrocells by employing different advanced antenna technologies.
Femtocell, Macrocell, LTE-A
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15017669
IDR: 15017669 | DOI: 10.5815/ijwmt.2021.02.01
Список литературы A Hybrid Selection Approach Based on Advanced Antenna Technologies for Cellular LTE-A
- J.K.N. Nyarko and C.A. Mbom. A Performance Study of Massive MIMO Heterogeneous Networks with Ricean/Rayleigh Fading. MDPI journal of Electronics, Vol. 7, No.6, 2018.
- S. Rajoria, A. Trivedi, and W.W. Godfrey. comprehensive survey: Small cell meets massive MIMO. Elsevier Physical Communication, Vol. 26, 2018.
- M.A. Adedoyin and O.E. Falowo. Combination of Ultra-Dense Networks and Other 5G Enabling Technologies: A Survey. IEEE Access, 2020.
- J.M.R. Avilés, M. Toril, and S.L. Ramírez. A femtocell location strategy for improving adaptive traffic sharing in heterogeneous LTE networks. Springer URASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 2015.
- M.M. Fadoul. Modeling multi-tier heterogeneous small cell networks: rate and coverage performance. Springer Telecommunication Systems, 2020.
- O. Alamu, A.G. Ilori, M. Adelabu, A. Imoize, and O. Ladipo. Energy efficiency techniques in ultra-dense wireless heterogeneous networks: An overview and outlook. Elsevier Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal, Vol. 23, 2020.
- S.F. Yunas, W.H. Ansari, and M. Valkama. Technoeconomical Analysis of Macrocell and Femtocell Based HetNet under Different Deployment Constraints. Hindawi Mobile Information Systems, 2016.
- S.F. Abied, A.B. Shams, and M.T. Kawser. Comparison of the LTE Performance Parameters in Different Environments under Close Loop Spatial Multiplexing (CLSM) Mode in Downlink LTE-A. Journal of Computer and Communications, Vol. 5, No. 9, 2017.
- B. Krasniqi and B. Rexha. Analysis of Macro-Fem to Cellular Performance in LTE Under Various Transmission Power and Scheduling Schemes. Journal of Communications Vol. 13, No. 3, 2018.
- A. Noliya1 and S. Kumar. Performance Analysis of Resource Scheduling Techniques in Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Small Cell LTE A Networks. Springer Wireless Personal Communications, 2020.
- G.G. Lema. Performance evaluation of beamforming for network throughput enhancement. Wiley International journal of communication systems, 2020.
- T.A. Yahiya and P. Kirci. Performance Study of Adaptive Video Streaming in an Interference Scenario of Femto-Macro Cell Networks. MDPI journal of Information, Vol.9, No.1, 2018.
- S. Sbit, M.B. Dadi, and B.C. Rhaimi. Interference reduction in long-term evolution-advanced by frequency and power domains. Wiley Internet Technology Letters, 2019.
- R. Tian, L. Ma, Z. Wang, and X. Tan. Cognitive Interference Alignment Schemes for IoT Oriented Heterogeneous Two-Tier Networks. MDPI journal of Sensors, 2018.
- H. Malik, J.L.R. Sarmiento, M.M. Alam, and M.A. Imran. Narrowband-Internet of Things (NB-IoT): Performance Evaluation in 5G Heterogeneous Wireless Networks. IEEE 24th International Workshop on Computer Aided Modeling and Design of Communication Links and Networks (CAMAD), Limassol, Cyprus, 2019.
- S. Kilaru and A. Gail. Improving Quality of Service of Femto Cell Using Optimum Location Identification. MECS International Journal of Computer Network and Information Security, Vol. 7, No. 10, 2015.
- S. Ravindra and G.K. Siddesh. Interference Mitigation and Mobility Management for D2D Communication in LTE-A Networks. MECS International Journal of Wireless and Microwave Technologies, Vol. 2, No. 2, 2019.
- 3GPP Technical Specification. LTE; Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA); User Equipment (UE) radio transmission and reception (3GPP TS 36.101 version 10.3.0 Release 10), 2011.
- S. Murugan. Compact MIMO Shorted Microstrip Antenna for 5G Applications. MECS International Journal of Wireless and Microwave Technologies, Vol. 11, No. 1, 2021.