A 3-Level Secure Histogram Based Image Steganography Technique
Автор: G V Chaitanya, D Vamsee Krishna, L Anjaneyulu
Статья в выпуске: 4 vol.5, 2013 года.
Steganography is an art that involves communication of secret data in an appropriate carrier, eg. images, audio, video, etc. with a goal to hide the very existence of embedded data so as not to arouse an eavesdropper's suspicion. In this paper, a steganographic technique with high level of security and having a data hiding capacity close to 20% of cover image data has been developed. An adaptive and matched bit replacement method is used based on the sensitivity of Human Visual System (HVS) at different intensities. The proposed algorithm ensures that the generated stego image has a PSNR greater than 38.5 and is also resistant to visual attack. A three level security is infused into the algorithm which makes data retrieval from the stego image possible only in case of having all the right keys.
Steganography, Matched Bit-Replacement, Visual Attack
Короткий адрес: https://readera.ru/15012701
Список литературы A 3-Level Secure Histogram Based Image Steganography Technique
- Petitcolas, F.A.P., Anderson, R.J., and Kuhn, M.G. "Information hiding – a survey", Proc. IEEE, 1999, 87,(7), pp. 1062–1078
- T. Morkel , J.H.P. Eloff, M.S. Olivier. "An Overview Of Image Steganography". Information and Computer Security Architecture (ICSA) Research Group Department of Computer Science University of Pretoria, 0002, Pretoria, South Africa.
- Babloo Saha and Shuchi Sharma, "Steganographic Techniques of Data Hiding using Digital Images". Defence Science Journal, Vol. 62, No. 1, January 2012, pp. 11-18.
- Gustavus J. Simmons. "The Prisoners Problem and the Subliminal Channel. In Advances in Cryptology" – CRYPTO '83, pages 51–67, New York, 1984. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, ed. D. Chaum.
- Chandramouli, R., Kharrazi, M. &Memon, N., "Image steganography and steganalysis: Concepts and Practice", Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Digital Watermarking, October 2003
- H. Sencar, M. Ramkumar, and A. Akansu, "Data Hiding Fundamentals and Applications: Content Security in Digital Multimedia". Elsevier:Academic, 2004.
- Katiyar, S.; Meka, K.R.; Barbhuiya, F.A. & Nandi, S. Online voting system powered by biometric security using steganography. In the 2nd International Conference on Emerging Applications of Information Technology (EAIT), Kolkata, India, 2011, pp. 288-291.
- Shirali-Shahreza, M. Improving mobile banking security using steganography. In the 4th International Conference on Information Technology, ITNG, Las Vegas, 2007, pp 885-887.
- Younes, Mohammad Ali Bani&Jantan, A. "A new steganography approach for image encryption exchange by using the least significant bit insertion". Inter. J. Comp.Sci. Network Security, 2008, 8(6), 247-254.
- Mandal, J.K. &Sengupta, M. "Steganographic technique based on minimum deviation of fidelity (STMDF)". 2nd International Conference on Emerging Applications of Information Technology (EAIT), Kolkata, 2011, pp. 298-301.
- Hadhoud, M.M.; Ismail, N.A.; Shawkey, W. &Mohammed, A.Z." Secure perceptual data hiding techniqueusing information theory." In the International Conference on Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering(ICEEC), Egypt, 2004, pp. 249-253.
- Kawaguchi, E. & Eason, R.O." Principle and applicationsof BPCS-Steganography. In the SPIE Conference on Multimedia Systems and Applications", Boston, 1998,3524, pp. 464-73.
- Analysis of LSB based Steganography Techniques, R.Chandramouli, NasirMemon, IEEE 2001.
- Dr. EktaWalia, Payal Jain, Navdeep. "An Analysis of LSB & DCT based Steganography" Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology, April 2010.
- Yeuan-Kuen Lee and Ling-Hwei Chen, "An Adaptive Image Steganographic Model Based on Minimum-Error LSB Replacement", Department of Computer and Information Science National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu.
- Digital Image Processing, 2nd Edition. Rafael E. Gonzalez, Richard E. Woods.
- An Adaptive Image Steganographic Model Based on Minimum-Error LSB Replacement Yeuan-Kuen Lee and Ling-Hwei Chen, Department of Computer and Information Science National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu.
- Attacks on Steganographic Systems. Breaking the Steganographic Utilities EzStego, Jsteg, Steganos, and S-Tools-and Some Lessons Learned.