X-ray with tomosynthesis as an alternative diagnostic tool for abnormalities of various etiologies
Автор: Riaskin K.A., Titova L.A.
Статья в выпуске: 7-3 (70), 2022 года.
The paper highlights tomosynthesis as a novel diagnostic tool in various pathologies, including chest organ disorders. It allows obtaining a certain number of layered images of the patient's study area in one pass of the X-ray tube, thus, improving the detectability. It is emphasised that high-quality tomograms can help to study the nature and features of small limited pathological processes of the main, lobular, zonal, segmental and subsegmental bronchi, lymph nodes of the lungs and mediastinum. The fact that the capabilities of tomosynthesis is comparable in some cases with the data of digital chest X-ray and MSCT is stressed. The aim of the study performed was to reveal the diagnostic value of chest radiography with tomosynthesis in the diagnosis of oncological diseases of various etiologies. The study included medical records of 82 patients of Voronezh oncological regional hospital. The results obtained allow concluding that tomosynthesis combines the advantages of CT, but at a lower radiation dose and cost, eliminates the main disadvantage of standard R-graphy - the overlap of objects in the image, avoids additional costly imaging methods with increased radiation exposure.
Tomosynthesis, oncological pathology of various etiology, chest organs
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/170195003
IDR: 170195003 | DOI: 10.24412/2500-1000-2022-7-3-45-47
Список литературы X-ray with tomosynthesis as an alternative diagnostic tool for abnormalities of various etiologies
- Нечаев В.А., Васильев А.Ю. Возможности томосинтеза в диагностике заболеваний и повреждений органов грудной клетки // Соврем. технол. мед. 2016. №2.
- Terzi A., Bertolaccini L., Viti A., et al. Lung cancer detection with digital chest tomosynthesis: baseline results from the observational study SOS. J Thorac Oncol. 2013; 8: 685-92.
- Kim J.H., Lee K.H., Kim K.T., Kim H.J., Ahn H.S., Kim Y.J., Lee H.Y., Jeon Y.S.Comparison of digital tomosynthesis and chest radiography for the detection of pulmonary nodules: systematic review and meta-analysis. Br J Radiol. 2016 Dec;89(1068):20160421. Epub 2016 Oct 19. ; PMCID: PMC5604914.
- DOI: 10.1259/bjr.20160421 PMID: 27759428
- Jung, H.N. et al. Digital tomosynthesis of the chest: Utility for detection of lung metastasis in patients with colorectal cancer. Clinical Radiology, Volume 67, Issue 3, 232-238.