Tourist potential of gastronomic festivals in Udmurtia (the case of the “World dumpling day” festival)
Автор: Rogozina Elvira R.
Рубрика: Маркетинг услуг и территорий
Статья в выпуске: 3 (90), 2020 года.
This article explores the potential of gastronomic festivals in Udmurtia. The current crisis in the tourism industry caused by the pandemic can be used as a point of growth for domestic event tourism. For regions that do not have the opportunity to enjoy a long holiday season due to their geographical position, a gastronomic festival may be a good option of a weekend break full of cultural experience. Despite a good choice of event-based gastronomic festivals in Udmurtia, residents and guests of the capital seem to know very little about them. The most famous "World Dumpling Day" festival held in Udmurtia since 2015 has become a brand, and yet, is not a full-fledged tourist product. The venue has been the same for 5 years, the festival events can't boast of a great variety either. The festival program is released late, which doesn't help travel companies to sell this event to tourists. As a result the interest and number of visitors drops every year, which is confirmed by the media content analysis. Over the past two (2018/2019) years, the number of positive reviews has also decreased significantly. A change of location and proper event promotion can revive the festival and make it a point of attraction for residents and guests of the capital alike. To determine the tourist opportunities of gastronomic festivals in the region, a face-to-face, individual, one-step expert survey was conducted. The survey respondents mentioned that not all gastronomic festivals in the region might have the potential for growth - it may make more sense to define two or three most interesting products and promote them. A pilot online questionnaire survey conducted among residents of Russian regions brought up a low level of awareness across country's residents about their resource potential, as well as lack of professional regional gastronomic brands promotion.
Gastronomic festival, weekend break, gastronomic tourism, festival tourism, an event, new kind of tourism
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/140249845
IDR: 140249845 | DOI: 10.24411/1995-042X-2020-10310
Список литературы Tourist potential of gastronomic festivals in Udmurtia (the case of the “World dumpling day” festival)
- Balynin, K. A. (2017). Aspekty diversifikatsii gastronomicheskogo turizma [The aspects of diversification of gastronomic tourism]. Servis v Rossii i za rubezhom [Service in Russia and Abroad], 11(1), 97-108. DOI: 10.22412/1995-042X-11-1-9
- Otto, O. V., & Red'kin, A. G. (2015). Sovremennoe sostoyanie razvitiya gastronomicheskogo turizma v Altayskom krae [The current state of development of gastronomic tourism]. Nauka i turizm: strategii vzaimodeystviya [Science and tourism: strategies of cooperation], 4(2), 99-103.
- Nekhaeva, N. E., & Terekhova, Yu. S. (2015). Gastronomicheskiy turizm kak perspektivnoe napravlenie razvitiya regionov Rossii [Gastronomic tourism as a promising direction in the development of Russian regions]. Estestvennye i matematicheskie nauki v sovremennom mire [Natural and mathematic sciences in the modern world], 9(33), 82-87.
- Sycheva, V. O., & Shpen'kova, K. S. (2014). Usloviya razvitiya gastronomicheskogo turizma v Rossii i v mire [The conditions of the development of gastronomic tourism in Russia and in the world]. Nauchno-metodicheskiy elektronnyy zhurnal Kontsept [Scientific and methodical journal Concept], 7, 126-130.
- Zelenskaya, E. M. (2015). Gastronomicheskiy komponent v industrii turizma [Gastronomic component in the tourist industry]. Vestnik Severnogo (Arkticheskogo) federal'nogo universiteta [The Northern (Arctic) federal university herald], 3, 110-117.
- Hall, M., Sharples, L., Mitchell, R., Macionis, N., & Cambourne, B. (2011). Food Tourism around the World Development, management and markets. Ed. by: Publisher's Note: Transferred to Taylor & Francis.
- Mikhaylova, E. M. (2015). Gastronomicheskie festivali kak sredstvo prodvizheniya regiona [Gastronomic festival as a way of promoting the region]. Traditsionnaya kul'tura v sovremennom mire [Traditional culture in the modern world], 200-208.
- Svyataya, E. O., Timofeeva, A. S., & Sheina, S. R. (2016). Sobytiynyy turizm kak perspektivnyy vid razvitiya regional'nogo rynka turistskikh uslug [Event tourism as a perspective way of developing the regional market of touristic services]. Sobytiynyy turizm - osnova realizatsii turistskogo potentsiala territoriy: aktual'nye zadachi, problemy i perspektivy razvitiya, 186-194.
- Sergeeva, M. I. (2017). Resursy dlya razvitiya gastronomicheskogo turizma v Tverskoy oblasti [The resources for developing gastronomic tourism in Tver region]. Sovremennye tendentsii razvitiya mirovoy, natsional'noy i regional'noy industrii gostepriimstva [Current tendencies of the development of international, national and regional tourist industry], 148-158.
- Den, V. G., & Gomilevskaya, G. A. (2016). Kulinarnyy festival' kak professional'nyy i turistskiy resurs (na primere Sea Food Festival, Vladivostok) [Cuisine festival as a professional and touristic resource (using the example of Sea Food festival, Vladivostok)]. International scientific-practical conference of graduate students and young researchers (the 28th -29th of April), 3. Vladivostok: VGUES, 480.
- Krinichnaya, Yu. O. (2015). Investitsionnoe tovarishchestvo kak effektivnaya forma sotsial'nogo partnerstva dlya provedeniya gastronomicheskogo festivalya v ramkakh proekta "peterburgskaya kukhnya" [International partnership as an effective form of social companionship for the conduction of gastronomic festival within the project "Saint Petersburg's cuisine"]. Sotsial'noe partnerstvo i predprinimatel'stvo: poisk kreativnykh resheniy. 34-42.