The potential for integration of the transport complex of the east of Russia into the international market of transport services
Автор: Bardal Anna B.
Рубрика: Branch-wise economy
Статья в выпуске: 6 (66) т.12, 2019 года.
The eastern regions of Russia are the convenient zone in which Russia cooperates with the actively developing Asian region. The key states of North-East Asia such as China, Japan, and the Republic of Korea are the largest participants in world trade at the present stage. The servicing of large-scale commodity flows with the European Union and the U.S. is provided by the market of transport services, by means of which the most effective schemes of delivery are built. Under these conditions, the transport system of the East of Russia has objective prerequisites for integration into the international transport system. The goal of our present study is to assess the potential of integration of the transport system of the Far East in the market of transport services in North-East Asia. At the same time, we assess integration opportunities with the help of dividing the territory of the East of Russia into districts based on the results of cluster analysis. Considering the achievement of the research goal, this approach is a new one. The need for division is due to the fact that the Far East is quite a large region, extremely heterogeneous in its internal composition, economic-geographical and socio-economic characteristics. Constituent entities of the Russian Federation as part of the Far Eastern Federal District have, among other things, different integration potential and level of development of the transport system. In the course of cluster analysis we use indicators of transport network development and the scale of foreign economic activity as the criteria for division. As a result of our calculations, we divide the Far East into five regions that differ in the potential of integration interaction of the transport system with the market of transport services in North-East Asia. The paper presents specific features of the selected areas, characteristics of transport systems and prospects for participation in the international transport market. In the future, it is possible to conduct a study taking into account the projects for development of the transport system of the Far East, which adjust the prospects for integration interactions.
Integration, transport system, russian far east, cluster analysis, northeast asia, transport services market
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/147224228
IDR: 147224228 | DOI: 10.15838/esc.2019.6.66.8
Список литературы The potential for integration of the transport complex of the east of Russia into the international market of transport services
- Balassa B. The Тheory of Economic Integration. Homewood, Ill.: R.D. Irwin, 1961. 324 p.
- Balassa В. Trade creation and trade diversion in the european common market. The Economic Journal, vol. 77, 1967, pp. 1-21. DOI: 10.2307/2229344
- Viner J. The Customs Union Issue. New York: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 1950. Pp. 41-55.
- Heinrichs H., Jochem P., Fichtner W. Including road transport in the EU ETS (European Emissions Trading System): A model-based analysis of the German electricity and transport sector. Energy, 2014, vol. 69, pp. 708-720. Available at: DOI: 10.1016/j.energy.2014.03.061
- Siskos P., Zazias G., Petropoulos A., Evangelopoulou S., Capros P. Implications of delaying transport decarbonisation in the EU: A systems analysis using the PRIMES model. Energy Policy, 2018, vol. 121, pp. 48-60. Available at: DOI: 10.1016/j.enpol.2018.06.016
- Sajid M.J., Cao Q., Kang W. Transport sector carbon linkages of EU's top seven emitters. Transport Policy, 2019, vol. 80, pp. 24-38. Available at:
- DOI: 10.1016/j.tranpol.2019.05.002
- Medeiros T. Cross-border transports and cross-border mobility in EU border regions. Case Studies on Transport Policy, 2019, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 1-12. Available at:
- DOI: 10.1016/j.cstp.2018.11.001
- Oberg M., Nilsson K.L., Johansson C. Major transport corridors: the concept of sustainability in EU documents. Transportation Research Procedia, 2017, vol. 25, pp. 3694-3702. Available at:
- DOI: 10.1016/j.trpro.2017.05.339
- Cavallaro F., Dianin A. Cross-border commuting in Central Europe: features, trends and policies. Transport Policy, 2019, vol. 78, pp. 86-104. Available at:
- DOI: 10.1016/j.tranpol.2019.04.008
- Sultanov T., Suleimenov T., Tlepiyeva G., Sansyzbajeva Z. Development of transit potential in conditions of integration of the Republic of Kazakhstan into the world transport system. Procedia Computer Science, 2019, vol. 149, pp. 430-435. Available at:
- DOI: 10.1016/j.procs.2019.01.158
- Tsvetkov V.A., Zoidov K.Kh., Medkov A.A., Chernyshov M.M. Formirovanie global'noi Evrazii: problemy sopryazheniya tranzitnykh system [Formation of global Eurasia: problems of interfacing transit systems]. Мoscow: FGBUN Institut problem rynka RAN, 2018. 131 p.
- Larin O.N. Prospects for integration of transport systems of the Eurasian economic Union. Problemy natsional'noi strategii=National Strategy Issues, 2017, no. 4(43), pp. 152-170. (In Russian).
- Ha H.-K., Oh J.E. (Eds.). Building an Integrated Transport Market for China, Japan, and Korea: Building a Regional Coordinating Institution. Sejong: Korea Transport Institute, 2003. 245 p. Available at: https://english.koti.re.kr/user/bbs/BD_selectBbs.do?q_bbsCode=1017&q_bbscttSn=2012051900000070602&q_clCode=6&q_lang=eng
- Chia S.Y. ASEAN economic integration and physical connectivity. Asian Economic Papers, 2019, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 198-215.
- DOI: 10.1162/ASEP_a_00438
- Kim T.-S., Breazeale K. (Eds.). A Design for Northeast Asian Transport Market Integration - The Cases of ASEAN and NAFTA. Sejong: Korea Transport Institute, 2004. 226 p. Available at: https://english.koti.re.kr/ user/bbs/BD_selectBbs.do?q_bbsCode=1017&q_bbscttSn=20161121152201318&q_clCode=6&q_lwprtClCode=-1&q_lang=eng
- Adler N., Fu X., Oum T.H., Yu C. Air transport liberalization and airport slot allocation: the case of the Northeast Asian transport market. Transportation Research Part A, 2014, vol. 62, pp. 3-19. Available at: https://
- DOI: 10.1016/j.tra.2014.02.003
- Kim S., Yoon Y. On node criticality of the Northeast Asian air route network. Journal of Air Transport Management, 2019, vol. 80, 101693. Available at:
- DOI: 10.1016/j.jairtraman.2019.101693
- Chung T., Han J. Evaluating competitiveness of transshipment cargo in major airports in Northeast Asia: airport branding. The Asian Journal of Shipping and Logistics, 2013, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 377-394. Available at:
- DOI: 10.1016/j.ajsl.2013.12.005
- Zhang Y., Zheng X., Lu W. Measuring the openness of Chinese international air transport policy. transport policy, 2018, vol. 72, pp. 208-217. Available at:
- DOI: 10.1016/j.tranpol.2018.03.014
- Yang Y.-C., Chen S.-L. Determinants of global logistics hub ports: comparison of the port development policies of Taiwan, Korea, and Japan. Transport Policy, 2016, vol. 45, pp. 179-189. Available at:
- DOI: 10.1016/j.tranpol.2015.10.005
- Shinohara М., Saika T. Port governance and cooperation: the case of Japan. Research in Transportation Business & Management, 2018, vol. 26, pp. 56-66. Available at:
- DOI: 10.1016/j.rtbm.2018.02.009
- Huo W., Zhang W.,Chen P. S.-L. Recent development of Chinese port cooperation strategies. Research in Transportation Business & Management, 2018, vol. 26, pp. 67-66. Available at:
- DOI: 10.1016/j.rtbm.2018.01.002
- Wu S., Yang Z. Analysis of the case of port co-operation and integration in Liaoning (China). Research in Transportation Business & Management, 2018, vol. 26, pp. 18-25. Available at:
- DOI: 10.1016/j.rtbm.2018.02.007
- Planovo-ekonomicheskii atlas Dal'nevostochnogo ekonomicheskogo raiona. Vyp. 2. Obshchaya kharakteristika razvitiya i razmeshcheniya proizvoditel'nykh sil [The planning and economic atlas of the Far Eastern Economic region. Vol. 2. General characteristics of the development and deployment of productive forces]. Khabarovsk: IEI DVO RAN, 1989. 33 p.
- Ekonomicheskaya politika: regional'noe izmerenie [Economic policy: a regional dimension.]. Vladivostok: Dal'nauka, 2001. 224 p.
- Romanov M.T. Territorial'noe ustroistvo khozyaistva i naseleniya na rossiiskom Dal'nem Vostoke [Territorial structure of the economy and population in the Russian Far East]. Vladivostok: Dal'nauka, 2004. 232 p.
- Tikhookeanskaya Rossiya - 2030: stsenarnoe prognozirovanie regional'nogo razvitiya [Pacific Russia-2030: scenario forecasting of regional development]. Khabarovsk: IEI DVO RAN, 2010. 560 p.
- Minakir P.A. Issledovaniya ekonomiki Dal'nego Vostoka. 1975-2000 [Studies of the economy of the Far East. 1975-2000]. Khabarovsk: IEI DVO RAN, 2017. 912 p.
- Baklanov P.Ya., Karakin V.P., Sheingauz A.S. Nature management of the Russian Far East and adjacent territories. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika=Spatial Economics, 2005, no. 1, pp. 27-45. (In Russian).
- Karakin V.P., Preobrazhenskii B.V., Zharikov V.V., Stepan'ko A.A., Arzamastsev I.S., Romanov M.T. Zoning, delimitation of coastal zones of the Russian Far East and their functional zoning. In: Pribrezhno-morskoe prirodopol'zovanie: teoriya, indikatory, regional'nye osobennosti [Coastal and marine nature management: theory, indicators, regional features]. Vladivostok: Dal'nauka, 2010. 308 p. (In Russian).
- Baklanov P.Ya., Moshkov A.V., Romanov M.T. Territorial organization of the economy in the long-term development of the Russian Far East. Uchenye Zapiski Zabaikalskogo Gosudarstvennogo Universiteta=Scholarly Notes of Transbaikal State University, 2013, no. 1 (48), pp. 143-155. (In Russian).
- Baklanov P.Ya., Romanov M.T. Ekonomiko-geograficheskoe i geopoliticheskoe polozhenie Tikhookeanskoi Rossii [Economic-geographical and geopolitical position of Pacific Russia]. Vladivostok: Dal'nauka, 2009. 168 p.
- Vishnevskii D.S., Dem'yanenko A.N. Intraregional diversity. In: Tikhookeanskaya Rossiya - 2030: stsenarnoe prognozirovanie regional'nogo razvitiya [Pacific Russia-2030: scenario forecasting of regional development]. Khabarovsk: IEI DVO RAN, 2010. 560 p. (In Russian).
- Mirkin B.G. Metody klaster-analiza dlya podderzhki prinyatiya reshenii: obzor: preprint [Cluster analysis methods for decision-making support: review: preprint.]. Мoscow: NIU HSE, 2011. 88 p.
- Bardal' A.B. Transportnyi kompleks Dal'nego Vostoka: transformatsiya i integratsiya [Transport complex of the Far East: transformation and integration]. Khabarovsk: IEI DVO RAN, 2019. 336 p.
- Egorova T.P., Delakhova A.M. Methodological tools for a comprehensive assessment of transport security of local economic systems in the regions of the North. Trendy i upravlenie=Trends and Management, 2018, no. 1, pp. 14-28. 10.7256/2454-0730.2018.1.24926. (In Russian).
- DOI: 10.7256/2454-0730.2018.1.24926.(InRussian)
- Minakir P. A., Prokapalo O. M. Far Eastern priority: investment and institutional combinations. Zhurnal Novoi ekonomicheskoi assotsiatsii=The Journal of the New Economic Association, 2018, no. 2(38), pp. 146-155. (In Russian).