The development of an international marketing strategy: the case of an it company
Автор: Korchagina E.V., Desyatnikova A.Y.
Статья в выпуске: 2-5 (15), 2015 года.
The purpose of this research is to analyze the ways to design a successful international marketing strategy for an IT company. There is a number of models and methods to work out a marketing strategy, however they are not being widely used. This paper reviews some of the popular studies of marketing strategies. The research is focused on an America-based IT company –Intermedia. Currently, the company is considering the opportunity to expand the operations into new markets in Australia, China and some of the countries in Eastern Europe. Also, the top management is making the first attempts to enter new markets. However, the marketing strategy for the expansion is still not being announced, meaning that there are some difficulties in preparing the final expansion plan. The following methods such as the analysis of the marketing literature and IT industry reports, an interview with the experts, and the analysis of various marketing materials are used to outline the pros and cons of the current marketing strategy of Intermedia. The results of the research are supposed to consider the main obstacles on foreign markets and outline effective techniques that can be used to develop an international strategy of an IT company. Also, the plan of the development is to be proposed, which can support Intermedia on the new markets.
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/140124556
Список литературы The development of an international marketing strategy: the case of an it company
- Bodimeade M. (2003). Global Information Technology Market. London: UK.
- IBM Center for Management research. (2006). Dell’s problems in China. Case Catalogue, Business Strategy, 1-18.
- IBM Center for Management research. (2006). Google's Problems in China. Case Catalogue, Business Strategy,18-36.
- Кondratiev К.А.,& Коlesnikov А.М. (2012). Trends and problems of development of the global IT market. Journal of Economics and Law, 136-142.
- Kotler, P. (2000). Marketing management: The millennium edition (pp. 87-103). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Lambin, J. J. (2007). Market-driven management. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Lilien, G. L., & Grewal, R. (Eds.). (2012). Handbook on business to business marketing. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lim, J. S., Sharkey, T. W., & Kim, K. I. (1993). Determinants of international marketing strategy. MIR: Management International Review, 103-120.
- Powers, T. L., & Leal, R. P. (1994). Financially Integrated Marketing Strategy: A Proposed Model. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 70-76.
- Wind, Y., Robertson, T. S. (1983). Marketing strategy: New directions for theory and research. The Journal of Marketing, 12-25.