Study on plant gums and their new development in application: with focus on tragacanth, guar and Arabic gum; a short review
Автор: Hassanpour F.
Рубрика: Пищевая биотехнология
Статья в выпуске: 4 (70), 2016 года.
Gums refer to a type of polysaccharides which are used to increase viscosity and create some other functional properties such as thickening agent, emulsifying agent, stabilizer, crystal inhibitor and so forth. They are classifying based on their nature and originality including, microbial, plant, exudate and animal Gums. This article shortly reviews a group of plant Gums and recent findings in their application. Gums or Hydrocolloids are main compounds which create stability of emulsion via entering into water phase. The importance of these compounds is on viscosity and electrostatic reactions to stabilize nonalcoholic emulsion with below properties; 1) easily soluble in cold water, 2) the lowest amount of viscosity in water, 3) having maximum level of emulsifier amount, 4) no creation of gelling. Diversity and functionality of Gums and regarding their still novelty in food industries have made Gums one of the main additives in food formulations. Since sourced of Gums are different we must focus on using them together to improve their synergistic effect but interactions among them and combined matrixes produced by them also need to be studied in details.
Guar, arabic gum, tragacanth gum, functional properties
Короткий адрес: https://readera.ru/140229640
IDR: 140229640 | DOI: 10.20914/2310-1202-2016-4-148-150
Список литературы Study on plant gums and their new development in application: with focus on tragacanth, guar and Arabic gum; a short review
- Chiveroa P., Gohtanib S., Yoshiib H., Nakamurac A. Assessment of soy soluble polysaccharide, Gum Arabic and OSA-Starch as emulsifiers for mayonnaise-like emulsions. LWT -Food Science and Technology, 2016, no. 69, pp. 59-66.
- Chunga C., Rojanasasitharab T., Mutilangib W., Julian McClementsa D. Enhancement of colour stability of anthocyanin in model beverages by Gum Arabic addition. Food Chemistry, 2016, no. 201, pp. 14-22.
- Dodia G. A., Palac E., Barbud D., Peptanariue D. et al. Carboxymethyl guar Gum nanoparticles for drug delivery applications: Preparation and preliminary in-vitroinvestigations. Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2016, no. 63, pp. 628-636.
- Glicksman M. Functional properties of hydrocolloids, in Food Hydrocolloids Vol I, Boca Raton, FL, CRC Press Inc., 59, 614-hoefler ac, Practical Guides for Food Industry, Hydrocoloids, Eagan PressHandbook Series, 2004, pp. 33-34.
- Hua Q., Gerharda H., Upadhyayab I., Venkitanarayananb K., et al. Antimicrobial eugenol Nano emulsion prepared by Gum Arabic and lecithin and evaluation of drying technologies. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2016, no.87, pp. 130-140.
- Maity J., Ray Samit K. Enhanced adsorption of Cr(VI) from water by guar Gum based Composite hydrogels. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules Available online 13 April In Press, Accepted Manuscript -Note to users, 2016.
- Mudgila D, Baraka S., Khatkarb B.S. Development of functional yoghurt via soluble fiber fortification utilizing enzymatically hydrolyzed guar Gum. Food Bioscience, 2016, no. 14, pp. 28-33.
- Pimenov N., Laishevtcev A., Pimenova V. The identification of salmonella infection in hatching eggs and products of turkey-keeping. Russian Journal of Agricultural and Socio-Economic Sciences, 2015, no. 10, pp. 9-17.
- Pimenov N., Laishevtcev A., Lenev S., Semykin V. et al. Improvement of allocation and identification of salmonella enterica bacteria of arizonae subspecies. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research & Allied Sciences, 2016, no. 5(2), pp. 342-348
- Pimenov N. Specific control of salmonella in poultry. Russian Journal of Agricultural and Socio-Economic Sciences, 2013, no. 11, pp. 16-23.
- Phillips G., Williams P. Gum arabic, in Phillips GO and Williams РАНаndbооk of Hydrocolloids, Cambridge, Woodhead Publishing, 2000, no. 164, pp. 167.
- Ranjbar-Mohammadia M. P., Prabhakaranb M., Bahramic S.H., Ramakrishnab S. Gum tragacanth/poly (_-lactic acid) nanofibrous scaffolds for application in regeneration of peripheral nerve damage. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2016, no. 140, pp. 104-112.
- Razavia S. M. A., Alghooneha A., Behrouziana F. W., Cuib S. Investigation of the interaction between sage seed Gum and Guar Gum: Steady and dynamic shear rheology. Food Hydrocolloids2016, no. 60, pp. 67-76.