Study of 2457 MHz WIFI Network Signal Strength at Indoor and Outdoor Enviroment
Автор: Si Ting Ng, Y.S. Lee, Kavinesh S Radhakrishna, Thiruvarasu Muthu Krishnan
Статья в выпуске: 6 Vol.11, 2021 года.
This paper presents a study of free space path loss of WIFI network using Cell Info Lite App and WIFI analyzer tool. This paper focuses on experimental tests by using WIFI router, mobile phones to measure and analyze the loss of signal strength over distance from 0 meter to 9 meter. The result of Free Space Path Loss (FSPL) for frequency 2457 MHz shows that the longer the distance, the worse the signal get. In addition, the experiment test indoor and outdoor was done analyse. The results of the comparison conclude that the signal strength becomes weak can affect by distance and obstacles such as door, wall. Signal strength also can say from colors which is when the measurement result shows green color is strong signal while orange color is weak signal and red color is bad signal. When the signal strength become weak Wi-Fi analyzer was displayed green zone to red zone. The paper purpose showed that where the area have a stronger/weaker connection in a house environment.
Free Space Path Loss, Wi-Fi signal strength, Distance
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15018248
IDR: 15018248 | DOI: 10.5815/ijwmt.2021.06.01
Список литературы Study of 2457 MHz WIFI Network Signal Strength at Indoor and Outdoor Enviroment
- I. Israr, M. Shakir, M. A. Khan, S. A. Malik, and S. A. Khan, “Path loss modeling of WLAN and WiMAX systems,” Int. J. Electr. Comput. Eng., vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 1083–1091, 2015, doi: 10.11591/ijece.v5i5.pp1083-1091.
- et al., “Survey of Cellular Signal Booster,” Int. J. Inf. Eng. Electron. Bus., vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 21–31, 2018, doi: 10.5815/ijieeb.2018.06.03.
- H. A. Obeidat et al., “An Indoor Path Loss Prediction Model Using Wall Correction Factors for Wireless Local Area Network and 5G Indoor Networks,” Radio Sci., vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 544–564, 2018, doi: 10.1002/2018RS006536.
- H. K. Hoomod, I. Al-Mejibli, and A. I. Jabboory, “Analyzing Study of Path loss Propagation Models in Wireless Communications at 0.8 GHz,” J. Phys. Conf. Ser., vol. 1003, no. 1, pp. 0–8, 2018, doi: 10.1088/1742-6596/1003/1/012028.
- Y. Rafsyam, Jonifan, and F. Kurniawan, “Comparison Analysis of Microstrip Gain Antenna MIMO 2X2 Patch Rectangular,” 2019 IEEE Int. Conf. Commun. Networks Satell. Comnetsat 2019 - Proc., pp. 47–51, 2019, doi: 10.1109/COMNETSAT.2019.8844060.
- Suherman, “Wifi-friendly building to enable wifi signal indoor,” Bull. Electr. Eng. Informatics, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 264–271, 2018, doi: 10.11591/eei.v7i2.871.
- J. N. Davies, V. Grout, and R. Picking, “Prediction of wireless network signal strength within a building,” Proc. 7th Int. Netw. Conf. INC 2008, no. October 2014, pp. 193–207, 2008.
- A. M. Al-Samman, T. A. Rahman, M. H. D. N. Hindia, A. Daho, and E. Hanafi, “Path loss model for outdoor parking environments at 28 GHz and 38 GHz for 5G wireless networks,” Symmetry (Basel)., vol. 10, no. 12, 2018, doi: 10.3390/sym10120672.
- G. Y. Liu, T. Y. Chang, Y. C. Chiang, P. C. Lin, and J. Mar, “Path loss measurements of indoor LTE system for the Internet of Things,” Appl. Sci., vol. 7, no. 6, 2017, doi: 10.3390/app7060537.
- G. R. Maurya, P. A. Kokate, S. K. Lokhande, and J. A. Shrawankar, “A Review on Investigation and Assessment of Path Loss Models in Urban and Rural Environment,” IOP Conf. Ser. Mater. Sci. Eng., vol. 225, no. 1, 2017, doi: 10.1088/1757-899X/225/1/012219.
- et al., “Absorption, Diffraction and Free Space Path Losses Modeling for the Terahertz Band,” Int. J. Eng. Manuf., vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 54–65, 2020, doi: 10.5815/ijem.2020.01.05.
- H. Bashir, “Path loss Model for of Wi-Fi signal Propagation in Concrete Walls Path loss Model for of Wi-Fi signal Propagation in Concrete Walls,” no. September, 2017.
- A. Zreikat and M. Dordevic, “Performance Analysis of Path loss Prediction Models in Wireless Mobile Networks in Different Propagation Environments,” Proc. 3rd World Congr. Electr. Eng. Comput. Syst. Sci., no. June, 2017, doi: 10.11159/vmw17.103.
- P. Dhere, P. Chilveri, R. Vatti, V. Iyer, and K. Jagdale, “Wireless Signal Strength Analysis in a Home Network,” Proc. 2018 Int. Conf. Curr. Trends Towar. Converging Technol. ICCTCT 2018, pp. 1–5, 2018, doi: 10.1109/ICCTCT.2018.8550931.
- I. B. Oluwafemi and O. J. Femi-Jemilohun, “Propagation Profile and Signal Strength Variation of VHF Signal in Ekiti State Nigeria,” Int. J. Wirel. Microw. Technol., vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 9–24, 2017, doi: 10.5815/ijwmt.2017.03.02.