Strategic priorities for the Russian seaports cargo turnover structure development
Автор: AliMuradov Murad K., Goryacheva Anastasiya S., Kurbatskiy Aleksei N.
Рубрика: Regional economy
Статья в выпуске: 4 т.14, 2021 года.
Trends in the world economy and trade, as well as the process of globalization, contribute to the seaports development as a strategic driver of economic growth in many countries. Seaports play a major role in optimizing trade relations; they act as key nodes in global transport chains and serve as connecting elements of the socio-economic systems in many countries. We have identified global, national and regional trends in the development of port facilities, analyzed cargo transshipment in the sea ports that are strategic objects of the state; this determines the need to improve methods and forms of management of their development on the basis of advanced technology. The development of port infrastructure will ensure economic growth both in the regional location and in the country as a whole. It is in the regions that it is necessary to form a competitive environment for economic entities, in particular seaports. Their development should have a positive impact on economic and social aspects: economic growth of territorial entities, market competition, development of innovative technologies and investment inflow. Empirical estimates of the links of neighboring regions economic growth were obtained on the basis of Moran's I, as well as from studies on how Russia's export cargo flows through seaports depend on GDP and on the index of industrial production in the period from 2006 to 2018. We analyzed the relationship between cargo turnover and shocks such as the financial and economic crisis of 2008-2009 and the imposition of sanctions, which for obvious reasons increase the observed volatility of international trade and, in particular, cargo volumes in ports. In the conclusion of the article we have formulated strategic priorities for the development of cargo turnover structure in sea ports on the basis of the identified opportunities and the obtained forecasts.
Seaports, maritime transport, cargo flows, cargo turnover structure, strategic priorities, port infrastructure, moran's i, autoregressive model with distributed lag, ex-post analysis, otsw-analysis, strategizing
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/147235433
IDR: 147235433 | DOI: 10.15838/esc.2021.4.76.6
Список литературы Strategic priorities for the Russian seaports cargo turnover structure development
- Kondrat’ev S.I., Baburin O.N. Sea ports of the world and Russia: turnover dynamics and development prospects. Transportnoe delo Rossii=Transport Business of Russia, 2016, no. 6, pp. 141–145 (in Russian).
- Shevchenko I.V., Kryuchenko N.N. Comparative characteristic of current state sea transport and port economy Russia and foreign partners. Natsional’nye interesy: prioritety i bezopasnost’=National Interests: Priorities and Security, 2013, issue 48 (237), pp. 10–17 (in Russian).
- Titov A.V., Ivashkovich D.B. Modern ways of development of the world sea ports and their influence on the port industry in Russia. Vestnik Astrakhanskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta=Vestnik of Astrakhan State Technical University, 2016, no. 1, pp. 115–124 (in Russian).
- Kvint V.L. Kontseptsiya strategirovaniya [The concept of strategizing]. Kemerovo State University, 2020. 170 p.
- Kvint V.L. Strategy for the Global Market: Theory and Practical Applications. Routledge: New York, NY, London, 2016. 519 p.
- Shcherbanin Yu.A. Mirovaya ekonomika [World economy]. 5th edition. Moscow: Yuniti-Dana, 2019.
- Rusakov V.I. Separate issues and the importance of the carriage of goods by sea in the conditions of digital economy development. Pravo i ekonomika=Law and Economy, 2018, no. 8, pp. 49–54 (in Russian).
- Shcherbanin Yu.A., Golyzhnikova D.Yu. Export cargo flows via Russian maritime ports: oil cargo. Rossiiskii vneshnetorgovyi vestnik=Russian Foreign Economic Journal, 2019, no. 4, pp. 18–36 (in Russian).
- Smirnov E.N. Determinants of international trade growth under hyper-globalization and digitalization. Rossiiskii vneshnetorgovyi vestnik=Russian Foreign Economic Journal, 2019, no. 5, pp. 26–40 (in Russian).
- Achurra-Gonzalez P.E., Angeloudis P., Goldbeck N. et al. Evaluation of port disruption impacts in the global liner shipping network. Journal of Shipping and Trade, 2019, no. 4 (3), рр. 1–21.
- Lakshmanan T.R. The broader economic consequences of transport infrastructure investments. Journal of Transport Geography, 2011, no. 9 (1), pр. 1–12.
- Munim Z.H., Schramm H. The impacts of port infrastructure and logistics performance on economic growth: The mediating role of seaborne trade. Journal of Shipping and Trade, 2018, no. 3 (1), pр. 1–19.
- Bjorner T.B. Environmental benefits from better freight transport management: Freight traffic in a VAR model. Transformation Research, 1999, part D, no. 4, рр. 45–64.
- Kulshreshtha M., Nag B. Multivariate cointegrating vector auto regressive model of freight transport demand, evidence from Indian Railways. Transportation Research, 2001, part A, no. 35, рр. 29–45.
- House D.J. Cargo Work for Maritime Operations. New York: Routledge, 2016. 399 p.
- Notteboom T. E., Haralambides H. E. Port management and governance in a post-COVID-19 era: Quo vadis? Maritime Economics & Logistics, 2020, рр. 329–352.
- Ashrafi M., Walker T.R., Magnan G.M., Adams M., Acciaro M. A review of corporate sustainability drivers in maritime ports: A multi-stakeholder perspective. Maritime Policy & Management, 2020, рр. 1027–1044.
- Duru O., Galvao C.B., Mileski J., Robles L.T., Gharehgozli A. Developing a comprehensive approach to port performance assessment. The Asian Journal of Shipping and Logistics, 2020, рр. 169–180.
- Hlali A. Seaport concept and services characteristics: Theoretical test. The Open Transportation Journal, 2017, pр. 120–129.
- Kasatkina A.S. International shipping of goods: issues of legal regulation. Pravo. Zhurnal vysshei shkoly ekonomiki=Law. Journal of the Higher School of Economics, 2016, no. 2, pp. 171–185 (in Russian).
- Kolchinskaya E.E. Influence of transport infrastructure on the industrial development of the Russian regions. Aktual’nye problemy ekonomiki i prava=Actual Problems of Economics and Law, 2015, no. 2, pp. 77–82 (in Russian).
- Baburina O.N., Kondrat’eva S.I. Maritime transportation: trends of development in the world and Russian economies. Transportnoe delo Rossii=Transport Business of Russia, 2016, no. 5, pp. 112–116 (in Russian).
- Shcherbanin Yu.A et al. Econometric modeling and forecasting of demand for freight transportation in Russia in 1992-2015. Nauchnye trudy: In-t narodnokhozyaistvennogo prognozirovaniya RAN=Scientific Works: Institute of National Economic Forecasting of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2017, pp. 200–216 (in Russian).
- Ivin E.A., Goryacheva A.S., Kurbatskiy A.N. State analysis and development prospects of cargo traffic through the sea ports of Russia. Problemy razvitiya territorii=Problems of Territory’s Development, 2020, no. 2 (106), pp. 62–80. (in Russian).
- Ivanter V.V. et al. Perspektivy razvitiya ekonomiki Rossii: prognoz do 2030 goda [Prospects for the Russian economy development: Forecast until 2030]. Moscow: Ankil, 2013. 405 p.
- Saltykov M.A. Typology of spatial-economic forms of sea port agglomerations. Vestnik AGTU. Ser.: Ekonomika=Vestnik of Astrakhan State Technical University. Series: Economics, 2019, no. 1, pp. 62–75 (in Russian).
- Koroleva E.A., Cherepanova I.V., Filatova E.V. Digitalization of seaports as a key subject of the transport economy. Transportnoe delo Rossii=Transport Business of Russia, 2020, no.1, pp.163–168 (in Russian).
- Shcherbanin Yu.A. Transport and economic growth: relationship and influence. Evraziyskay Ekonomicheskaya Integratsiya=Eurasian Economic Integration, 2011, no. 3, pp. 65–78 (in Russian).
- Zaostrovskikh E.A. Assessment of the seaport impact on the economic growth of the region: methods and problems. Regional’nye problemy=Regional Problems, 2017, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 65–72 (in Russian).
- Zaostrovskikh E.A. Methods for measuring the efficiency of seaport transport connections with hinterland. Regional’nye problemy=Regional Problems, 2016, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 60–65 (in Russian).
- Millo G. A simple randomization test for spatial correlation in the presence of common factors and serial correlation. Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2017, no. рр. 66. 28–38.
- O.V. Tarasova et al. Infrastruktura prostranstvennogo razvitiya RF: transport, energetika, innovatsionnaya sistema, zhizneobespechenie [Spatial development infrastructure of the Russian Federation: Transport, energy, innovation system, life sustenance]. IEOPP SO RAN. Novosibirsk, 2020. 456 p.
- Shmeleva E.S. Development of seaports: trends and prospects. Transportnoe delo Rossii=Transport Business of Russia, 2020, no. 6, pp. 10–12 (in Russian).
- Kvint V.L. Kontseptsiya strategirovaniya [The concept of strategizing]. Vol. 1. SZIU RANKhiGS, Saint Petersburg, 2019. 132 p.
- Guranova A.A. Logistics advantages of the Northern sea route. Ekonomicheskie otnosheniya=Journal of International Economic Affairs, 2019, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 169–176 (in Russian).
- Novikova I.V., Kvint V.L., Dar’kin S.M. Ctrategicheskoe razvitie trudovykh resursov Dal’nego Vostoka Rossii [Strategic development for labor resources of Russian Far Еast]. Moscow: Kreativnaya ekonomika, 2019. 158 p.
- Novoselov S.V., Mel'nik V.V., Agafonov V.V. Export-oriented development strategy of the coal companies of Russia – the main factor ensuring their financial stability. Ugol’=Coal, 2017, no. 11, pp. 54–56 (in Russian).
- Sekachev D.E., Rakhutin M.G. Improving the efficiency of crushing frozen coal at port terminals in the autumn, winter and spring periods. Ugol’=Coal, 2019, no. 11, pp. 54–57 (in Russian).
- Ksenofontov M.Yu., Polzikov D.A On the issue of the impact of climate change on the development of Russian agriculture in the long term. Problemy prognozirovaniya=Studies on Russian Economic Development, 2019, no. 3, pp. 82–92 (in Russian).