Stimulating final consumption within the reduction of regional inequality
Автор: Leonidova Ekaterina G.
Рубрика: Regional economy
Статья в выпуске: 3 т.13, 2020 года.
With increasing regional inequality, the economy of the Russian Federation and its regions experiences structural constraints related to its imbalance. The result of this situation is the reduction of domestic consumer demand, which has recently been considered a factor of the economic growth. It actualizes the problem of finding, identifying, and justifying areas of final consumption which may stimulate the population’s demand for goods and services of domestic production and reduce structural imbalances in current economic conditions. In this regard, the purpose of the study is to identify and scientifically substantiate ways to stimulate final consumption that reduce regional imbalances. One of these ways is tourism, which has a high multiplicative effect. It has the minimum share of import in the structure of the formation of its products’ resources. The study’s scientific novelty is the estimation of the effect of the increase of the tourism industry’s output within the regional context. Its results allowed us to identify the problem of under-receiving effects from stimulating the consumption of tourism goods and services by regions. The high contribution of the Central Federal District, which accounts for the greatest effect from the growth of tourism output, indicates the need to overcome the existing spatial asymmetry in tourism development between certain regions of the country. General scientific methods of analysis, synthesis, comparison, generalization, as well as tools based on the methodology of inter-sectoral balance, were used as the methodological basis of the research. The information basis of the research included works of domestic and foreign scientists dealing with structural policy, information from state statistics institutions, data from the World Bank and the World Tourism Organization. Future research areas are related to the definition of methods for regulating final consumption for a deeper understanding of problems of economic restructuring.
Economy, economic inequality, final consumption, tourism
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/147225468
IDR: 147225468 | DOI: 10.15838/esc.2020.3.69.5
Список литературы Stimulating final consumption within the reduction of regional inequality
- Piketty T. Kapital v KhKhI veke [Capital in the Twenty-First Century]. Moscow: Ad Marginem Press, 2015. 592 p.
- Bussolo M., Dávalos M.E, Peragine V., Sundaram R. Toward a New Social Contract. Taking on Distributional Tensions in Europe and Central Asia. Available at: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/bitstream/handle/10986/30393/9781464813535.pdf?sequence=10
- Anisimova G.V., Voeikov M.I. Politicheskaya ekonomiya ravenstva i neravenstva: Doklad [Political Economy of Equality and Inequality: Report]. Moscow: Institut ekonomiki RAN, 2016. 47 p.
- Moiseeva, Yu.O. Economic growth and income dynamics of the population. Ekonomika truda=Russian Journal of Labor Economics, 2018, no. 2, pp. 599–606. doi: 10.18334/et.5.2.39046 1 (in Russian)
- Rozanova L.I. Investment inequality of regions. Teoreticheskaya i prikladnaya ekonomika=Theoretical and Applied Economics, 2013, no. 1, pp. 43–63. DOI: 10.7256/2306-4595.2013.1.809 Available at: https://nbpublish.com/library_read_article.php?id=809 (in Russian)
- Zubarevich N.V., Safronov S. People and money: Incomes, consumption and financial behavior of the population of the Russian Regions in 2000–2017. Izvestiya RAN. Seriya geograficheskaya=Izvestiya RAN. Seriya Geograficheskaya, 2019, no. 5, pp. 3–17. (in Russian)
- Moroshkina M. V. Spatial development of Russia: Regional disproportions. Regionologiya=Russian Journal of Regional Studies=Regionology, 2018, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 638–657. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15507/2413-1407.105.026.201804.638-657 (in Russian)
- Zemskova E.S., Koloskov D.A. Deformation of the structure of final consumption as an obstacle to economic growth (on the example of the Republic of Mordovia). Naukovedenie=Naukovedenie, 2017, no. 6. Available at: https://naukovedenie.ru/PDF/77EVN617.pdf (in Russian)
- Miroliubova T.V., Voronchikhina E.N. Reasons of the priorities of economic policy based on the structural analysis of gross regional product (in the case study of Perm krai). Vestnik Permskogo universiteta. Ser. «Ekonomika»=Perm University Herald. Economy, 2017, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 91–109. DOI: 10.17072/1994-9960-2017-1-91-109 (in Russian)
- Rozhkovskaya E.A. Dynamics and structure of final consumption as a factor of economic growth. Ekonomicheskii byulleten’ NIEI Ministerstva ekonomiki Resp. Belarus’=Economic Bulletin SREI Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Belarus, 2008, no. 1, pp. 4–18. (in Russian)
- Ivanter V.V. The prospects for recovery of the economic growth in Russia. Vestnik RAN=Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2017, no. 1, pp. 15–28. DOI: 10.7868/S0869587317010042 (in Russian)
- Industrial policy in Russia: New conditions and possible agenda (The report of NRU HSE). Voprosy ekonomiki=Voprosy Ekonomiki, 2018, no. 6, pp. 5–28. https://doi.org/10.32609/0042-8736-2018-6-5-28 (in Russian)
- Mironov V.V., Konovalova L.D. On the relationship of structural changes and economic growth in the world economy and Russia. Voprosy ekonomiki=Voprosy Ekonomiki, 2019, no. 1, pp. 54–78. https://doi.org/10.32609/0042-8736-2019-1-54-78 (in Russian)
- Transformatsiya struktury ekonomiki: mekhanizmy i upravlenie: monografiya [Transformation of the Structure of the Economy: Mechanisms and Management: Monograph]. Under academic editing by A.A. Shirov. Moscow: MAKS Press. 2018. 264 p.
- Eicher T.S., Schreiber T. Structural policies and growth: time series evidence from a natural experiment. Journal of Development Economics, 2010, vol. 91, pp. 169–179. DOI: 10.1016/j.jdeveco.2009.05.003.
- Freire C. Economic diversification: A model of structural economic dynamics and endogenous technological change. Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, 2019, no. 49, pp. 13–28.
- Kucera, D., Jiang, X. Structural transformation in emerging economies: Leading sectors and the balanced growth hypothesis. Oxford Development Studies, 2019, vol. 47, pp. 188–204.
- Gizatullin Kh.N., Garipov F.N., Garipova Z.F. Management of the structural transformation of regional economy. Ekonomika regiona=Economy of Region, 2018, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 43–52. (in Russian)
- Baranov A.O., Goreev A.V. Evaluation of the impact of national projects on development of the Russian economy using a dynamic input-output model. EKO=ECO Journal, 2019, vol. 49 (10), pp. 94–114. http://dx.doi. org/10.30680/ECO0131-7652-2019-10-94-114. (in Russian)
- Ustinova K.A., Gubanova E.S., Leonidova G.V. Chelovecheskii kapital v innovatsionnoi ekonomike: monografiya [Human Capital in the Innovative Economy: Monograph]. Vologda: Institut sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya territorii RAN, 2015. 195 p.
- Leonidova E.G., Sidorov M.A. Structural changes in the economy: Searching for sectoral drivers of growth. Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast, 2019, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 166–181. DOI: 10.15838/ esc.2019.6.66.9
- Human capital as a factor of socio-economic development. A short version of the report. In: XVII Apr. mezhdunar. nauch. konf. po problemam razvitiya ekonomiki i obshchestva, Moskva, 19-22 apr. 2016 g. [18th April international academic conference on the issues of economic and social development, Moscow, April 19–22, 2016]. Ed. By Ya.I. Kuz’minov, L.N. Ovcharova, L.I. Yakobson; Nats. issled. un-t «Vysshaya shkola ekonomiki». Moscow: Izd. Dom Vysshei shkoly ekonomiki, 2016. 76 p. (in Russian)
- Vasilieva A.V. Influence of tourism on the development of human capital in the region: Research problem statement. ANI: ekonomika i upravlenie=ASR: Economics and Management, 2016, vol. 5, no. 2(15), pp. 45–48. (in Russian)
- Folarin O., Oladipupo E., Ajogbeje K., Adeniyi O. Does tourism development contribute to human capital development in Africa? Tourism, 2017, no. 65, pp. 314–329.
- Biagi B., Ladu M.G., Royuela V. Human development and tourism specialization. Evidence from a panel of developed and developing countries. International Journal of Tourism Research, 2016, vol. 19, no. 2. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/jtr.2094.
- Shakouri B., Yazdi SK., Nategian N., Shikhrezaei N. International tourism and economic growth and trade: Variance decomposition analysis. Journal of Tourism & Hospitality, 2017, vol. 6, no. 3 (286). DOI: 10.4172/2167-0269.1000286
- Leonidova E.G., Rumyantsev N.M. Revisiting the increasing consumer and investment domestic demand. Problemy razvitiya territorii=Problems of Territory’s Development, 2020, no. 1 (105), pp. 52–63. DOI: 10.15838/ ptd.2020.1.105.4 (in Russian)
- Lukin E.V., Uskova T.V. Structural transformation issues in regional economy. Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast, 2018, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 26–40. DOI: 10.15838/esc.2018.6.60.2
- Rossiiskaya ekonomika: kurs lektsii: kn. 2. Nastoyashchee i perspektivy posle reform [Russian economy: Course of lectures: Book 2. The present and prospects after the reform]. Ed. By E. G. Yasin. National Research Institute Higher School of Economics. Moscow: Izd. dom Vysshei shkoly ekonomiki, 2019. 527 p.
- Vliyanie urovnya i raspredeleniya dokhodov na strukturu potrebleniya rossiiskikh domashnikh khozyaistv [The impact of the level and distribution of income on the structure of consumption of Russian households].The Institute of Economic Forecasting of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Available at: https://ecfor.ru/publication/uroven-raspredelenie-dohodov-struktura-potrebleniya-domashnih-hozyajstv
- Dai Bin, Jiang Yiyi. Characteristics of the scene and the choice of policy for the development of outbound tourism in China. Tourism Journal, 2013, 28 (1), pp. 39–45.