Scientific and technological development of Russia: state assessment and financing problems
Автор: Mazilov Evgenii A., Davydova Arina A.
Рубрика: Regional economy
Статья в выпуске: 5 т.13, 2020 года.
Given the current conditions of rapid cyclical economic processes, the urgency of tasks related to ensuring sustainable economic growth is increasing. The available experience clearly indicates that sustainability can only be achieved by ensuring the proper level and pace of scientific and technological development. At the same time, the implementation of spatial development concept is entering into the foreground due to globalization, integration and digital technologies development. The purpose of the work is to assess the scientific and technological development of Russia in the context of international comparisons and to study the system of R&D financing in the country. Based on this purpose, the article considers the evolution of approaches to the scientific and technological development of territories, identifies the need to form a single scientific and technological space in Russia, which will reduce the existing imbalances and ensure the uniformity of regional development; substantiates the significance of the financial subsystem in the formation of a single space; analyzes its state. The conducted analysis has shown that the current system of research and development financing in Russia is contrary to the global trends. The research has revealed that a crucial role in the process of funding is still played by the state; it has demonstrated the low efficiency of the system of R&D financing and offered recommendations for its improving and optimizing, i.e. the formation of regional funds for scientific, scientific-technical and innovation activities; increasing the availability of federal funding sources of scientific and technological development in the regions and the efficiency of venture activity in Russia. Further stages of the research will involve studying other basic subsystems of the scientific and technological space (organizational, managerial, informational, educational, etc.), as well as working out practical recommendations for their development, efficiency and harmonious interaction and functioning.
Unified scientific and technological space, factors, differentiation of territories, financing of scientific, scientific-technical and innovative activities, support funds, incentive tools
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/147225494
IDR: 147225494 | DOI: 10.15838/esc.2020.5.71.3
Список литературы Scientific and technological development of Russia: state assessment and financing problems
- Mazilov E.A., Sheng F. Scientific and technological potential of the territories of Russia and China: Assessment and development prospects. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial’nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz=Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast, 2018, no. 1, pp. 70–83 (in Russian).
- Uskova T.V., Lukin E.V., Vorontsova T.V., Smirnova T.G. Problemy ekonomicheskogo rosta territorii: monografiya [Issues of Economic Growth of the Territory: Monograph]. Under editorship of T.V. Uskova. Vologda: In-t sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya territorii RAN, 2013. 170 p.
- Gulin K.A., Mazilov E.A., Alfer’ev D.A., Kvitko K.B. Nauchno-tekhnologicheskoe prostranstvo i prognozirovanie ego razvitiya v usloviyakh global’noi konkurentsii : monografiya [Scientific and Technological Space and Forecasting its Development in the Context of Global Competition: Monograph]. Vologda: VolNTs RAN, 2018. 203 p.
- Schumpeter J.A. The theory of economic development: An inquiry into profits, capital, credit, interest and the business cycle. Harvard Economic Studies, 1934, vol. 46.
- Kondratieff N.D. Bol’shie tsikly kon”yunktury i teoriya predvideniya: izbrannye Trudy [Long Cycles of Business Activity and the Theory of Foresight: Selected Works]. Moscow: Ekonomika, 2002. 767 p.
- Hägerstrand T. Innovation diffusion as a spatial process. Postscript and translation by A. Pred. Chicago and London: University of Chicago Press, 1967. 334 p.
- Perry F. Diffusion of innovation and regional economic growth. The Annals of Regional Science, 1998, vol. 5.
- Glaz’ev S.Yu., L’vov D.S., Fetisov G.G. Evolyutsiya tekhniko-ekonomicheskikh sistem: vozmozhnosti i granitsy tsentralizovannogo regulirovaniya [Evolution of Technical-Economic Systems: Possibilities and Boundaries of Centralized Regulation]. Moscow: Nauka, 1992.
- Glaz’ev S.Yu. Strategiya operezhayushchego razvitiya Rossii v usloviyakh global’nogo krizisa [The Strategy of Accelerated Development of Russia in Conditions of the Global Crisis]. Moscow: Ekonomika, 2010. 255 p.
- Porter M.E. Clusters and the new economics of competition. Harvard Business Review, 1998, vol. 76, no. 6, pp. 77–90.
- Freeman C., Clark J., Soete L. Unemployment and Technical Innovation: A Study of Law. London, 1982. 214 p.
- Lundvall B-Å. (ed.) National Systems of Innovation: Towards a Theory of Innovation and Interactive Learning. London: Pinter Publishers, 1992. 317 p.
- Nelson R.R. (ed.) National Systems of Innovation: A comparative Study. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1993. 541 p.
- Mil’kina I.V. Theoretical foundations of the formation of a strategy for innovative development of the territory. Innovatsii=Innovations, 2007, no. 10(108), pp. 81–87 (in Russian).
- Lenchuk E.B. Problems of transition to an innovative development model in post-soviet states. Problemy prognozirovaniya=Studies on Russian Economic Development, 2006, no. 4, pp. 126–145 (in Russian).
- Ignatushenko E.I. Obshchee evropeiskoe nauchno-tekhnicheskoe prostranstvo i rol’ Rossii [Common European Scientific and Technological Space and the Role of Russia]. Moscow: MAKS Press, 2014. 180 p.
- Sokolov M.S., Surilov M.N. The problems of forming of united scientific and technological space of the Union State of Russia and Belarus. ANI: ekonomika i upravlenie=ASR: Economics and Management, 2018, no. 3 (24), pp. 263–266 (in Russian).
- Ivanov V., Markov A. Ways of forming a common scientific and technological space of Belarus and Russia. Naukai innovatsii=The Science and Innovations, 2011, no. 6 (100), p. 46 (in Russian).
- Granberg A.G. Economic space of Russia: Eternal problems, transformation processes, search for a strategy. Ekonomicheskoe vozrozhdenie Rossii: periodicheskoe nauchnoe izdanie=Economic Revival of Russia, 2004, no. 1, pp. 16–22 (in Russian).
- Biyakov O.A. Teoriya ekonomicheskogo prostranstva: metodologicheskii i regional’nye aspekty [The Theory of Economic Space: Methodological and Regional Aspects]. Tomsk: Tomskii universitet, 2004. 152 p.
- Parinov S.I. K teorii setevoi ekonomiki [On the Theory of Network Economy]. Novosibirsk: IEOPP SO. RAN, 2002. 168 p..
- Mazilov E.A., Sakhanevich D.Yu. The structure and elements of the scientific and technological space. Korporativnaya ekonomika=Corporate economy, 2020, no. 2(22), pp. 4–13 (in Russian).
- Eriashvili N.D., Mailjan S.S. Investments and innovations in system of economic safety. Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta MVD Rossii=Vestnik of Moscow University of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, 2011, no. 12, pp. 71–77 (in Russian).
- Asmolova M.S., Dedov S.V. Theoretical approach to the institutionalization of forms of governance resource provision of innovative activity. Vestnik VGUIT=Proceedings of the Voronezh State University of Engineering Technologies, 2016, no. 4, pp. 422–426 (in Russian).
- Vikhoreva, O.M., Karlovskaya, S.B. Innovation-Based economic development financing in modern world. Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Seriya. 6. Ekonomika=Moscow University Economics Bulletin, 2011, no. 4, pp. 98–110 (in Russian).
- Aganbegyan A.G. Six steps needed to recover social and economic growth and overcome stagnation, recession and stagflation. Den’gi i kredit=Russian Journal of Money and Finance, 2015, no. 2, pp. 7–13 (in Russian).
- Fostering Innovative Entrepreneurship. Challenges and Policy Options. United Nations. Geneva, 2012. 68 p.
- Takalo Т., Tanayama T. Adverse selection and financing of innovation: Is there a need for R&D subsidies? The Journal of Technology Transfer, 2010, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 16–41.
- Finansovoe obespechenie razvitiya nauchno-tekhnologicheskoi sfery [Financial Support for the Development of the R&D Sphere]. Under editorship of RAS corresponding member L.E. Mindeli. Moscow: In-t problem razvitiya nauki RAN, 2018. 216 p.
- Grachev S.A., Fraimovich D.S., Donichev O.A. Areas of resource provision for innovative activity of socioeconomic systems. Ekonomicheskii analiz: teoriya i praktika=Economic Analysis: Theory and Practice, 2016, no. 8, pp. 108–119 (in Russian).