Rural territories' digitalization: from theory to practice
Автор: Sovetova Nadezhda P.
Рубрика: Regional economy
Статья в выпуске: 2 т.14, 2021 года.
Large-scale application of digital technologies in management, social, and business processes determines the relevance of the inclusion of digital transformation factors in the socio-economic potential assessment of territorial systems. However, the applied methods of analyzing digitalization processes do not allow reflecting the influence of multi-level spatial set of digital transformation factors of life spheres on the process of potential formation and development of the country and its regions. The purpose of the research is to substantiate the need to include digitalization factors in the assessment of the aggregate potential of territorial socio-economic systems, to develop and test a methodology for integrative impact assessment of digital transformation factors on the state and socio-economic potential growth of territorial systems. The author uses the methods of analysis and synthesis, comparison and grouping, generalization and expert assessments, index and correlation methods of economic and statistical analysis. The working hypothesis of the undertaken research suggests a possibility of developing and applying a methodological approach to the analysis of the state and dynamics of digitalization processes reflecting the interdependence of characteristics of rural territories' potential and digital transformation parameters of rural life sphere. The paper defines the concepts of digitalization and digital potential, gives an annotated list of the main methodological approaches to assessing the territorial system's potential, proposes and tests the author's methodology version for analyzing and evaluating digitalization potential of rural territories, substantiates the model of a single digital platform for the purposes of state strategic planning for sustainable development of rural territories, structures the set of directions for digital transformation of region's life subjects, and forms a multi-level set of indicators for comparable assessment of the state and dynamics of digital transformation development which is useful for developing options for setting priorities when justifying strategic decisions in digitalization. The scientific novelty of the research is that for the first time there was an attempt to develop a methodological approach to assessing territorial system potential taking into account the factors of digital transformation of processes in the field of production, exchange, distribution, and consumption of public products.
Digital transformation, rural territories' potential, rural territories' digitalization
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/147234730
IDR: 147234730 | DOI: 10.15838/esc.2021.2.74.7
Список литературы Rural territories' digitalization: from theory to practice
- Merenkova I.N., Pertsev V.N. Obespechenie ustoichivogo razvitiya sel’skikh territorii munitsipal’nogo raiona [Ensuring Sustainable Development of Rural Areas of the Municipal District]. Voronezh: GNUNIIEOAPK TsChR Rossii, 2011. 166 p.
- Kuznetsov V.V. et al. Metodika prognozirovaniya urovnya ustoichivogo razvitiya sel’skikh territorii (na osnove normativno-resursnogo metoda) [Methodology for Predicting the Level of Sustainable Development of Rural Areas (based on the Normative-Resource Method)]. Rostov-on-Don: VNIIEiN, 2008. 55 p.
- Ustoichivoe razvitie sel’skikh territorii Altaiskogo kraya: sotsial’no-ekonomicheskie i prostranstvennye aspekty: kollektivnaya monografiya [Sustainable Development of Rural Areas of the Altai Krai: Socio-Economic and Spatial Aspects: Collective Monograph]. Ed. by A.Ya. Trotskovskii. Barnaul: Izd-vo Alt. un-ta, 2013. 330 p.
- Bondarenko L.V. Sustainable rural development: Problems and solutions. O merakh Pravitel’stva RF po ustoichivomu razvitiyu sel’skikh territorii: analiticheskii vestnik=On Measures of the Government of the Russian Federation for Sustainable Development of Rural Areas: Analytical Bulletin, 2019, no. 5 (719), pp. 13–18 (in Russian).
- Battino S., Lampreu S. The role of the sharing economy for a sustainable and innovative development of rural areas: A case study in Sardinia (Italy). Sustainability (Switzerland), 2019, vol. 11, no. 11, 3004. DOI: 10.3390/su11113004
- Ploeg J.D. Van Der, Renting H., Brunori G., Knickel K., Mannion J., Marsden T., De Roest K., Sevilla-Guzman E., Ventura F. Rural development: From practices and policies towards theory. Sociologia Ruralis, 2000, vol. 40, nо. 4. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/227786245_Rural_Development_From_Practices_ and_Policies_Towards_Theory (accessed: 10.10.2020).
- Smyslova O.Yu., Kokoreva A.A. The development directions of sustainable diversification-oriented economy of rural territories. Sovremennaya ekonomika: problemy i resheniya=Modern Economics: Problems and Solutions, 2018, no. 8 (104), pp. 116–129 (in Russian).
- Konečny O. The leader approach across the European Union: One method of rural development, many forms of implementation. European Countryside, 2019, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 1–16.
- Drannikova E.A. Development of the resource potential of the agrarian sector of the economy in the Stavropol Krai. Vestnik SevKavGTI=Scientific Bulletin SevKavGTI, 2015, no. 2 (21), pp. 55–63 (in Russian).
- Li Y., Westlund H., Liu Y. Why some rural areas decline while some others not: An overview of rural evolution in the world. Journal of Rural Studies, 2018, vol. 68, pp. 135–143.
- Vlasova N.Yu., Kulikova E.S., Trubina G.F. Socio- economic characteristics in the system of marketing potential of local territories. Ekonomika i predprinimatel’stvo=Journal of Economy and Entrepreneurship, 2017, no. 7 (84), pp. 200–204 (in Russian).
- Negroponte N. Being DIGITAL. New York: Knopf, 1995. Available at: http://web.stanford.edu/class/sts175/NewFiles/Negroponte.pdf (accessed: 10.10.2020).
- Huang C.-Y., Chen H.-N. Global digital divide: A dynamic analysis based on the bass model. Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, 2010, no. 29 (2), рр. 248–264.
- Hausberg J., Liere- Netheler K., Packmohr S., Pakura S., Vogelsang K. Digital transformation in business research: A systematic literature review and analysis. In: DRUID18, Copenhagen Business School. Copenhagen, Denmark, 2018.
- Turko L.V. The essence of the phenomenon of digital economy, overview definition of digital economy. Rossiiskii ekonomicheskii internet-zhurnal=Russian Economic Online Journal, 2019, no. 2, pp. 88 (in Russian).
- Kosolapova M.V., Svobodin V.A. Methodological issues of system- digital economy – interrelation of system and digital economy. Myagkie izmereniya i vychisleniya=Soft Measurement and Computing, 2019, no. 6, pp. 13–16 (in Russian).
- Vukšić V., Ivančić L., Vugec D. A preliminary literature review of digital transformation case studies. International Journal of Computer and Information Engineering, 2018, vol. 12, no. 9, pр. 737–742.
- Pyatkin V.V., Kolchin A.I. From an information society to a digital economy or to a knowledge economy? Vestnik sovremennykh issledovanii=Bulletin of Contemporary Research, 2018, no. 7.1, pp. 244–246 (in Russian).
- Minakov A.V. Potential and prospects for the development of the digital economy of the regions of Russia. Regional’naya ekonomika i upravlenie: elektronnyi nauchnyi zhurnal=Regional Economics and Management: Electronic Scientific Journal, 2020, no. 3 (63) (in Russian).
- Lapidus L.V. Digital Leadership Strategies and the Demand for New Competencies in the Digital Economy: A Basis for Russia- Bulgaria Cooperation. Teoriya i praktika proektnogo obrazovaniya=Theory and Practice of Project Education, 2019, no. 3 (11), pp. 51–57 (in Russian).
- Andreeva G.N. et al. Razvitie tsifrovoi ekonomiki v Rossii kak klyuchevoi faktor ekonomicheskogo rosta I povysheniya kachestva zhizni naseleniya: monografiya [Development of the Digital Economy in Russia as a Key Factor in Economic Growth and Improvement of the Life Quality of the Population: Monograph]. Nizhnii Novgorod: Professional’naya nauka, 2018. 131 p.
- Rondinelli D.A. Applied Methods of Regional Analysis: The Spatial Dimensions of Development Policy. Abingdon: Routledge, 2019.
- Manzhosova I.B. Conceptual-methodical aspects of “digitalization” of agriculture. Vestnik Akademii znanii=Academy of Knowledge Bulletin, 2018, no. 26 (3), pp. 166–173 (in Russian).
- Noonpakdee W., Phothichai A., Khunkornsiri T. The readiness for moving toward digital Thailand – a case study. International Journal of Information and Education Technology, 2018, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 273–278.
- Bulgakova L.N., Borisov E.F. Metodologicheskie aspekty otsenki sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo potentsiala regiona [Methodological Aspects of Assessing the Socio- Economic Potential of the Region]. Moscow: Prospekt, 2011. 184 p.
- Nikitina T.I. Method of index numbers for evaluating the level of social and economic development of rural areas in Chelyabinsk region. Vestnik Michurinskogo GAU=Bulletin of Michurinsk State Agrarian University, 2018, no. 2, pp. 194–197 (in Russian).
- Manzhosova I.B. Methodology of DIGITAL-analysis for the evaluation of transformation processes in agriculture in the transition to the digital economy. Moskovskii ekonomicheskii zhurnal=Moscow Economic Journal, 2018, no. 3 (in Russian).
- Khilinskaya I.V., Lylov A.S. Socially oriented development of rural areas. Ekonomika sel’skokhozyaistvennykh I pererabatyvayushchikh predpriyatii=Economy of Agricultural and Processing Enterprises, 2017, no. 11, pp. 68–72 (in Russian).
- Syomin A.N., Buhtiyarova T.I., Nemykina Yu.S. Organizational and economic potential of rural areas: Indicative approach to management. Agrarnyi vestnik Urala=Agrarian Bulletin of the Urals, 2019, no. 9 (188), pp. 91–98 (in Russian).
- Bryden J., Hart J. Why Local Economies Differ? The Dynamics of Rural Areas in the European Union. Lampeter: The Edwin Mellen Press, 2003. 152 р.
- Dabakhova E.V., Dabakhov M.V., Titova V.I. Methodical approaches to the estimation of resource potential of rural areas. Dostizheniya nauki i tekhniki APK=Achievements of Science and Technology of AIC, 2013, no. 10, pp. 3–5 (in Russian).
- Baramzin S.V. Technique of an estimation of social and economic development of rural settlements. Regional’naya ekonomika: teoriya i praktika=Regional Economics: Theory and Practice, 2010, no. 9, pp. 43–46 (in Russian).
- Voityuk M.M. Assessment of the socio- economic potential of the forest infrastructure in rural areas of the region. Nikonovskie chteniya=Nikon Readings, 2011, no. 16, pp. 246–249 (in Russian).
- Tolokonnikov A.Yu. Integral assessment of the socio- economic development of rural areas of the Altai Krai. Vestnik Altaiskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta=Bulletin of Altai State Agricultural University, 2013, no. 1 (99), pp. 113–118 (in Russian).
- Blyakhman A.A. The method of comparative assessment of the economic condition of an economic entity. Ekonomika i upravlenie=Economics and Management, 2008, no. 4 (36), pp. 102–106 (in Russian).
- Bessonova E.A., Mereshchenko O.Yu. Methodological approaches to assessing the resource potential of the region. Voprosy regional’noi ekonomiki=Voprosy Regionalnoj Ekonomiki, 2016, no. 4 (29), pp. 17–24 (in Russian).
- Tatarinov A.A. Measuring digital economy in national accounts. Voprosy statistiki=Voprosy Statistiki, 2019, no. 26 (2), pp. 5–17 (in Russian).
- Gorodnova N.V., Skipin D.L., Peshkova A.A. Research of the digital potential of innovation projects of Russian companies. Ekonomicheskie otnosheniya=Journal of International Economic Affairs, 2019, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 2229–2248 (in Russian).
- Kozlov A.V., Teslya A.B. Digital potential of industrial enterprises: Essence, determination and calculation methods. Vestnik Zabaikal’skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta=Bulletin of the Transbaikal State University, 2019, no. 25 (6), pp. 101–110 (in Russian).
- Kiseleva E. G. The impact of digital transformation on the investment potential of the Russian cities. Finansy: teoriya i praktika=Finance: Theory and Practice, 2020, no. 24 (5), pp. 72–83 (in Russian).
- Prudnikov S.P. Sustainable development of rural areas based on the principle of territorial and economic zoning. Vestnik Bryanskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta=The Bryansk State University Herald, 2015, no. 3, pp. 325–328 (in Russian).
- Romanov M.T. Problems of economic zoning and administrative- territorial structure of Russia in the new conditions. Vestnik Dal’nevostochnogo federal’nogo universiteta. Ekonomika i upravlenie=The Bulletin of the Far Eastern Federal University. Economics and Management, 2004, no. 2, pp. 28–46 (in Russian).
- Escobal J., Favareto A., Aguirre F., Ponce C. Linkage to dynamic markets and rural territorial development in Latin America. World Development, 2015, vol. 73, pp. 44–55.
- Fedorova E.N., Ponomareva G.A., Egorov E.G. The socio- economic zoning of the territory of Yakutia. Problemy sovremennoi ekonomiki=Problems of Modern Economics, 2014, no. 4 (52), pp. 290–294 (in Russian).
- Ragnedda M., Kreitem H. The three levels of digital divide in East EU countries. World of Media. Journal of Russian Media and Journalism Studies, 2018, vol. 4, pp. 5–27. DOI: 10.30547/worldofmedia.4.2018.1
- Kenney M., Zysman J. The rise of the platform economy. Issues in Science and Technology, 2016, no. 32 (3), рр. 61–69.
- Fernández- Macías E. Automation, Digitalisation and Platforms: Implications for Work and Employment. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union, 2018.
- Bandara O., Vidanagamachchi K., Wickramarachchi R. A Model for assessing maturity of Industry 4.0 in the banking sector. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management Bangkok. Thailand, 2019, March 5–7, pp. 1141–1150.
- Moazed A., Johnson N. Modern Monopolies: What It Takes to Dominate the 21st Century Economy. New York: Saint Martins’ Press, 2016.
- Styrin E.M., Dmitrieva N.E., Sinyatullina L.Kh. Government digital platform: From concept to implementation. Voprosy gosudarstvennogo i munitsipal’nogo upravleniya=Public Administration Issues, 2019, no. 4, pp. 31–60 (in Russian).