Propagation Profile and Signal Strength Variation of VHF Signal in Ekiti State Nigeria
Автор: I. B. Oluwafemi, O. J. Femi-Jemilohun
Статья в выпуске: 3 Vol.7, 2017 года.
This paper presents the experimental results of a study on radio frequency attenuation path loss conducted in Ekiti State, Nigeria. The objective of the study is to develop a path loss model comparable to the existing path loss models through a real time application of outdoor VHF signal propagation measurements of the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) Channel 5 and carrier frequency of 175.25 MHz located in Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State, Nigeria. Experimental measurements were taken in three routes covering the entire state. Analysis of the data collected from the experiments resulted in models which are in agreement with the existing standard models. Root Mean Square Errors were calculated for all the path loss models. Results show that the signal of the station was generally poor along the routes considered as the deviations of the measured path losses from the free space path loss exceed 6 dB in most cases.
Path loss, signal propagation, attenuation, signal strength
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15012983
Список литературы Propagation Profile and Signal Strength Variation of VHF Signal in Ekiti State Nigeria
- Oyetunji S.A: Determination of Propagation Path Loss and Contour Map for FM Radio Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria. International Journal of Electronics and Communications Engineering (IOSR-JECE):4-9 Vol. 6, Issue 3 (May.-June. 2013)
- Fagbohun O.O: Studies on Electric Field Strength Distribution of UHF Television Signal Propagation in Ekiti-State. Nigeria. International Journal of Electronics and Communications Engineering (IOSR-JECE): 111-121 Vol. 9, Issue 2 (May.-April. 2014)
- George A.G, Rice P.L, Norton K.A and Barsts, A.P,, “Transmission Loss Prediction for Tropic Communication Circuits Tech.
- CCIR Report 239-6, Propagation statistic required for broadcasting service using frequency range 30 1000 MHz, Recommendation and report of the ITU-R, Geneva, 1986, In Hall.M.(Ed); Ibid,256.
- Isabona Joseph, Konyehac. C, Chimule, Bright Isaiah Gregory Peter Radio Field Strength Propagation Data and Path Loss Calculation Method in UTMS Network, Vol. 21, 2013
- Longley, A. G., and G. A. Hufford (1975), Sensor path loss measurements analysis and comparison with propagation models, OT Report 75-74. Available from NTIS, Access. No. PB-247-638/AS.
- ITU-R Propagation over Irregular Terrain with and without Vegetation, Report 1145 Geneva (CD) 2000
- Mardeni, R.and Kwan, K.F: Optimization of Hata Propagation Prediction Model in Suburban Area in Malaysia, Progress in Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 13,91-106 (2010).
- Femi-Jemilohun O.J and Stuart W.D: Path loss prediction models for Corridor propagation at 24GHz, Transactions in Networks and Communications, Society for Science and Education, United Kingdom, vol.2, issue4, 2014
- Nadir,Z; Seasonal Path Loss Modelling at 900MHz for Oman,2011 International Conference on Telecommunication Technology and Applications, Proc. of CSIT Vol. 5(2011). IACSIT Press, Singapore
- Milanovic, J, Rimac-Drlje and Bejuk, K; Comparison of Propagation Model Accuracy for WiMAX on 3.5GHz. 14th IEEE International Conferenceon Electronic Circuits and Systems, Morocco, pp. 111-114 (2007)
- ITU-R VHF and UHF Propagation Curves for Land and Mobile Services Rec. 529, Report 567-3, Geneva (CD), 2000
- John S. Seybold Introduction to RF Propagation John Wiley and Sons, 2005 ISBN 0-471-655996 page 143
- A. Medeisis and A. Kajackas, “On The Use of the Universal Okumura-Hata Propagation Model in Rural Areas”, Vehicular Technology. Conference Proceedings, VTC Tokyo, Vol.3, pp. 1815-1818, May 2000
- Z. Nadir, N. Elfadhil, and F. Touati Path Loss determination using Okumura-Hata Model and Spline Interpolation For Missing Data for Oman Proceedings of the world Congress on Engineering 2008 Vol. 1 WCE 2008, July 2-4,2008,London, UK
- A Akinbolati, O. Akinsanmi and K. R. Ekundayo: Signal strength variation and propagation profile of UHF Radio wave channel in Ondo State, Nigeria. International journal of wireless and microwave Technology (ijwmt), 2016,4,12-28.
- http://www.earth google /map gallery