Problems and prospects of distance learning in the estimates provided by teachers and schoolchildren's parents
Автор: Leonidova Galina V., Valiakhmetov Rim M., Baimurzina Guzel R., Babich Lyubov V.
Рубрика: Social development
Статья в выпуске: 4 т.13, 2020 года.
Appealing to the problem of distance learning at schools is caused by the urgent transfer of the educational process to a digital format against the background of the pandemic announced in March 2020 due to the spread of a new coronavirus infection (COVID-19) in the world. Almost all national education systems in developed countries have been converted to online format. Despite the available experience and a certain readiness of the educational sphere to use distance learning, such a comprehensive mass transition to the “remote mode” could not but cause a number of problems both for the teaching corps and for students and their parents. The purpose of the research is to analyze the first results of distance learning at school in conditions of self-isolation due to the need to contain the spread of coronavirus infection in the country. Information base of the research are online surveys of teachers of the Vologda Oblast and school students' parents of the Republic of Bashkortostan, conducted in April-May 2020 by the Vologda Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the Bashkir Branch of the Federal Center of Theoretical and Applied Sociology of the Russian Academy of Sciences. The problems of distance learning are identified in a number of aspects: technical (lack of necessary equipment in households, quality of the Internet, reliability of educational platforms), organizational (lack of a unified methodology for online learning; increased workload for teachers; difficulties in conducting some creative and laboratory classes) and socio-cultural (reduced educational motivation of school children; high risks of children's health deterioration). The novelty of the research lies in a comprehensive assessment of the situation related to the processes of remote learning of a mass social group of schoolchildren in the context of a pandemic by two key actors of the education system - the teaching corps and parents, as well as in identifying the problems caused by the emergency transition to online learning. The practical significance of the study is in the formation of a knowledge base and grounds for making balanced and adequate management decisions both in the event of such emergency situations, and in the course of further implementation of the national development goals of the Russian Federation until 2030: digital transformation, achieving “digital maturity” of key sectors of the economy and social sphere, including education.
Distance learning, online learning, comprehensive school, teacher, parents, schoolchildren, coronavirus infection, pandemic
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/147225477
IDR: 147225477 | DOI: 10.15838/esc.2020.4.70.12
Список литературы Problems and prospects of distance learning in the estimates provided by teachers and schoolchildren's parents
- Trudnosti i perspektivy tsifrovoi transformatsii obrazovaniya [Difficulties and Prospects of Digital Transformation of Education]. Ed. by A.Yu. Uvarov, I.D. Frumin. Moscow: Izd. dom Vysshei shkoly ekonomiki, 2019. 344 p.
- Momot A.I., Len’kov R.V., Romankova L.I. Evolyutsiya sistemy koordinatsii nauchnoi deyatel’nosti po problemam vysshego obrazovaniya [Evolution of the System of Coordination of Scientific Activity on the Problems of Higher Education]. Moscow: NII vysshego obrazovaniya, 1999. 64 p.
- Leonidova G.V., Golovchin M.A. National project “Education” and its possible impact on the development of human capital. Problemy razvitiya territorii=Problems of Territory’s Development, 2019, no. 4 (102), pp. 7–25. DOI: 10.15838/ptd.2019.4.102.1 (in Russian).
- Uvarov A.Yu., Van S., Kan Ts. et al. Problems and prospects of digital transformation of education in Russia and China. In: mater. II ross.-kit. konf. issledovatelei obrazovaniya «Tsifrovaya transformatsiya obrazovaniya i iskusstvennyi intellekt» (Moskva, Rossiya, 26–27 sentyabrya 2019 g.) [Proceedings of the Second Russian-Chinese conference of education researchers “Digital transformation of education and artificial intelligence” (Moscow, Russia, September 26-27, 2019)]. Under the editorship of I.V. Dvoretskaya. Translated from Chinese by N.S. Kuchma. National Research Institute “Higher School of Economics”. Moscow: Izd. dom Vysshei shkoly ekonomiki, 2019. 155 p.
- Lukinyh T.N., Mozhaeva G.V. Information revolutions and their role in the development of the society. Gumanitarnaya informatika=Humanitarian Informatics, 2005, no. 2, pp. 5–14 (in Russian).
- Moore M. Toward a theory of independent learning and teaching. Journal of Higher Education, 1973, no. 44 (12), рр. 661–679.
- Petkova Y.R. The history of the development of distance education. The positive and negative sides of the MOOC. Uspekhi sovremennogo estestvoznaniya=Advances in Current Natural Sciences, 2015, no. 3, pp. 199–205 (in Russian).
- Peters O. Distance teaching and industrial production: A comparative interpretation in outline. In: D. Sewart, D. Keegan, B. Holmberg (eds.). Distance Education: International Perspectives, London, Croom Helm, 1983.
- Kashitsin V.P., Kinelev V.G., Lazarev V.N. et al. Sostoyanie i razvitie distantsionnogo obrazovaniya v mire [State and Development of Distance Education in the World]. Moscow: YuNESKO, 1997.
- Sklyarenko T.M. Foreign concepts of distance education. Obrazovanie i nauka=The Education and Science Journal, 2013, no. 1 (100), pp. 106–116 (in Russian).
- Holmberg B. The Evolution, Principles and Practices of Distance Education. Oldenburg: Bibliotheks und Informations system der Universität Oldenburg, 2005. 171 p.
- Alemnge F. Distance learning models and their effusiveness in Cameroon higher education. Creative Education, 2018, no. 9, рр. 791–817. DOI: 10.4236/ce.2018.95059
- Holmberg B. Theory and Practice of Distance Learning. London: Routledge, 1989. 252 p.
- Moore M. G. Editorial: distance learning theory. The American Journal of Distance Learning, 1991, no. 5, рр. 1–6.
- Zvyagintsev R.S., Kersha Yu.D., Pinskaya M.A. Perekhod na distantsionnoe obrazovanie: detal’nyi razbor munitsipal’nogo keisa: SAO-ekspress (v dorabotke) [Transition to distance education: Detailed analysis of the municipal case: CAO-express (in revision)]. Moscow: Tsentr
- Bessudnov A.R., Malik V.M. Socio-economic and gender inequalities in educational trajectories upon completion of lower secondary education in Russia. Voprosy obrazovaniya=Educational Studies, 2016, no. 1, pp. 136–167 (in Russian).
- Konstantinovskii D.L. Inequality in education: The Russian situation. Monitoring obshchestvennogo mneniya=Monitoring of Public Opinion: Economic and Social Changes, 2010, no. 5 (99), pp. 40–65 (in Russian).
- Frumin I.D. The principal approaches to the problem of education equality. Voprosy obrazovaniya=Educational Studies, 2006, no. 2, pp. 5–22 (in Russian).
- Bezmenov A.A. Definition of the concept of “distance learning”. Nauchnyi poisk=Scientific Search, 2013, no. 2.1, pp. 63–65 (in Russian).
- Zhuk A.A., Fursa E.V. Narrative analysis of institutional traps of education and science in Russia. Zhurnal institutsional’nykh issledovanii=Journal of Institutional Studies, 2019, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 176–193. DOI: 10.17835/2076-6297.2019.11.1.176-193 (in Russian).
- Gnatyshina E.V., Salamatov A.A. Digitalization and formation of digital culture: social and educational aspects. Vestnik YuUrGGPU=SUSHPU Bulletin, 2017, no. 8, pp. 19–23 (in Russian).