Preferential regimes of established local growth points and its impact on the economy of the Far East
Автор: Leonov Sergej N.
Рубрика: Regional economy
Статья в выпуске: 3 т.13, 2020 года.
The successful experience of France in implementing the concept of “growth poles” byF. Perroux led to the widespread usage of polarized development ideas in the elaboration of spatial strategies. The Russian Far East (FE) has accumulated considerable, and rather contradictory, experience of creating local growth points. The purpose of the study is to analyze the Far East’s experience of forming local zones with preferential economic regimes, to identify problems of its implementation, and to assess the impact of special local zones’ regimes on the economy of the macro-region. The analysis of the performance of local zones’ functioning was based on the assessment of the degree of achieving targets for creating local “growth points”. The assessment of the impact of local zones on the economy of FE was based on a comparative analysis of enterprises’ demographics, changes in the revenue structure of consolidated budgets of Far Eastern regions, and the quality of regional finances for 2013-2019. The implementation of these approaches showed that the business climate of Far Eastern local zones has a positive nature for its residents, but it has not yet been established; in the absence of a clear position of the state concerning the formation of propulsive industries in most local areas, anchor projects do not have a propulsive nature, and a significant number of small and medium enterprises is loosely connected with enterprises-leaders of zones. Orientation of specialization of Far Eastern local zones toward domestic demand and import substitution, which is objectively formed within the sanctions war, can slow down its export specialization; preferential climate of local zones has no obvious positive impact on the business climate of Far Eastern entities of the Federation, and the growing number of residents with preferential business conditions in local zones dissonant with demographics of FE enterprises. There is a deterioration of the quality of regional finances and the decrease of the taxable mass of profits. It implies the reduction of the number of profitable enterprises in FE as the result of the economic situation deterioration and the introduction of a preferential tax regime in region’s local areas.
Territories of advanced development, free port of vladivostok, far east, development efficiency
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/147225466
IDR: 147225466 | DOI: 10.15838/esc.2020.3.69.3
Список литературы Preferential regimes of established local growth points and its impact on the economy of the Far East
- Seliverstov V.E. Two models of regional policy. EKO=ECO Journal, 2008, no. 4, pp. 88–92. (in Russian)
- Burzhuaznaya regional’naya teoriya i gosudarstvenno-monopolisticheskoe regulirovanie razmeshcheniya proizvoditel’nykh sil (kriticheskii analiz) [Bourgeois Regional Theory and State-Monopoly Regulation of the Distribution of Productive Forces (critical analysis)]. Moscow: Mysl’. 1981. 256 p.
- Perroux F. Economic space: Theory and applications. Prostranstvennaya Ekonomika=Spatial Economics, 2007, no. 2, pp. 77–93. (in Russian)
- Leksin V.N. The influence of self-organization factors and external regulatory influences on the processes of transformation of territorial systems. Problemnyy analiz i gosudarstvenno-upravlencheskoye proyektirovaniye=Problem Analysis and State-Management Design, 2015, no. 6, pp. 8–27. (in Russian)
- Odintsova A.V. Spatial economics in the works of French regulation school members. Prostranstvennaya Ekonomika=Spatial Economics, 2011, no. 3, pp. 56–70. DOI: 10.14530/ se.2011.3.056-070 (in Russian)
- Lasuen J.R. Urbanisation and development – the territorial interaction between geographical and sectoral clusters. Prostranstvennaya Ekonomika=Spatial Economics, 2009, no. 4, pp. 106–125. (in Russian)
- Neshchadin A., Trevoux D.-S. On the French experience of creating poles of competitiveness. Obshchestvo i ekonomika=Society and Economics, 2012, no. 5, pp.129–134. (in Russian)
- Elkanov R.Kh. Poles of development and growth points of the innovative economy: Russian and foreign experience. Sovremennaya nauka: Aktual’nyye problemy teorii i praktiki. Seriya «Ekonomika i Pravo»=Modern Science: Actual Problems of Theory and Practice. Series “Economics and Law”, 2012, no. 2, pp. 39–43. (in Russian)
- Ukrainsky V.N. French spatial economics: From industrial districts to competitive clusters. Prostranstvennaya Ekonomika=Spatial Economics, 2011, no. 3, pp. 71–99. DOI: 10.14530/se.2011.3.071-099 (in Russian)
- Mikheyeva N.N., Ananyeva R.I. Tools of regional policy: Assessing the efficiency of their application. Region: Ekonomika i Sothiologiya=Regional Research of Russia, 2011, no. 3, pp. 39–57. (in Russian)
- Shvetsov А.N. Special Legal regimes for attracting private investment and modern technologies in development of territories. Analiz i Gosudarstvenno-Upravlencheskoe Proektirovanie=Problem Analysis and Public Administration Projection, 2015, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 49–63. (in Russian)
- Bachler D. An assessment of regional policy in the european community. Politanaliz.ru, 2005. Available at: http://www.politanaliz.ru/articleprint_501.html (accessed: March 2020). (in Russian)
- Kuznetsova O.V. Special economic zones: Efficient or not? Prostranstvennaya Ekonomika=Spatial Economics, 2016, no. 4, pp. 129–152. DOI: 10.14530/ se.2016.4.129-152. (in Russian)
- Leksin V.N. Efficiency and effectiveness of regional and municipal authorities: The purpose and possibilities of correct assessment. Region: ekonomika i sotsiologiya=Region: Economics and Sociology, 2012, no. 1, pp. 3–39. (in Russian)
- Leonov S.N., Barabash E.S. Strategicheskoe upravlenie razvitiem territorii [Strategic Management of Territory’s Development]. Moscow: KNORUS, 2020. 184 p.
- Arkhipov A.Yu., Pavlov P.V., Tatarova A.V. Instituty osoboi ekonomicheskoi zony i prigranichnoi torgovli kak struktury effektivnogo razvitiya mezhdunarodnoi investitsionnoi deyatel’nosti [Institutions of a Special Economic Zone and Cross-Border Trade as a Structure for the Effective Development of International Investment Activity]. Taganrog: TTI YuFU, 2011. 294 p.
- Leonov S.N., Barabash E.S. Negative experience in creating zones with special economic conditions in the Far East. Reasons for failures. In: Novaya aziatskaya politika i razvitie Dal’nego Vostoka Rossii. Materialy mezhdunarodnoi nauchnoi konferentsii [New Asian Politics and the Development of the Russian Far East. Materials of the international scientific conference]. Edited by P.A. Minakir; Institute of Economic Research FEB RAS; Far Eastern Institute of Management – a branch of the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration. 2020. Рp. 215-220. (in Russian)
- Kuznetsova O.V. Regional’naya politika Rossii: 20 let reform i novye vozmozhnosti [Regional Policy of Russia:
- 20 Years of Reforms and New Opportunities]. Moscow: LENAND, 2017. 392 p.
- Okun’ S. The White House thinned out special zones. eight tourist and port SEZ are closed. Kommersant=Kommersant, issue from 09.30.2016. (in Russian)
- Leonov S.N. Tools of the state regional policy in the Russian Far East. Prostranstvennaya Ekonomika=Spatial Economics, 2017, no. 2, pp. 41–67. DOI: 10.14530/ se.2017.2.041-067 (in Russian)
- Butrin D., Skorobogatko D., Sapozhkov O., Visloguzov V. Substitution islands. Offshore companies in Kaliningrad and Vladivostok are thought out to replace the Caribbean ones. Kommersant=Kommersant. Available at: https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/3600216 (in Russian)
- Informatsionno-analiticheskie materialy o sostoyanii i osnovnykh napravleniyakh razvitiya mestnogo samoupravleniya v Rossiiskoi Federatsii [Information and Analytical Materials on the State and Main Directions of Development of Local Self-Government in the Russian Federation]. Available at: https://minjust.ru/ru/razvitie-federativnyhotnosheniy-i-mestnogo-samoupravleniya/doklad-o-sostoyanii-i-osnovnyh (in Russian)
- Leonov S.N. Experience in implementing the concept of growth poles in the development of the Russian Far East. Regionalistica=Regionalistics, 2019, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 88–101. DOI: 10.14530/ reg.2019.6.88 (in Russian)
- Doklad «Itogi 2018 g.». Korporatsiya razvitiya Dal’nego Vostoka [Report “Results of 2018”. Far East Development Corporation]. Moscow, 2019. 153 р. (in Russian)
- Rozanova L.I., Moroshkina M.V. Stimulating the development of propulsive industries as a given impulse of structural changes. Voprosy bezopasnosti=Security Issues, 2015, no. 5, pp. 1–20. (in Russian)
- Vertakova Yu.V., Klevtsova M.G., Polozhentseva Yu.S. The formation of cluster growth points of economic development of territories. Vestnik OrelGIET= OrelSIET Bulletin, 2015, no. 2(32), p. 56–60. (in Russian)
- Kuznetsov S.V., Lachininsky S.S., Mikhailov A.S., Shendrik A.V. “Propulsive industries” of the regions of the Western European border of Russia in conditions of geopolitical turbulence. Ekonomika regiona=Economy of the Region, 2019, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 1253–1265. (in Russian)
- Hong Yul Han. Russia’s Far East development under the new world economic environment. EKO=ECO Journal, 2017, no. 3, pp. 5–20. (in Russian)
- Shtogrin S.I. Report on the results of the expert-analytical event “Analysis of the nomenclature and volume of goods imported into the territory of special economic zones and exported from such territories in 2016–2017”. Byulleten’ schetnoy Palaty RF=Bulletin of the Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation. Available at: http://audit.gov.ru/upload/iblock/486/4866c92ebca6053af248d508341d1dd9.pdf (in Russian).