Performance Comparison Of Beamforming And Multiplexing Techniques Using Smart Antenna Array
Автор: Kehinde Odeyemi, Erastus Ogunti
Статья в выпуске: 3 Vol.4, 2014 года.
Meeting the demands that are expected from future wireless generation networks poses intriguing challenges for today's wireless system designers. The demand for higher data rate and better quality of service (QoS) in wireless communications continue to grow rapidly in current world global community. Obtaining these requirements becomes challenging for wireless communication systems due to the problems of channel fading, higher power and bandwidth limitations. One of the most promising solutions to this problem is the Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) system. This paper compared the performance of spatial multiplexing MIMO scheme with beamforming at a data rate of 100Mb/s. The proposed wireless system was developed with smart antenna arrays at both the transmitter and receiver. The results obtained show that spatial multiplexing technique produced better spectral efficiency than beamforming. The BER performance of beamforming technique outperforms that of spatial multiplexing technique even when enhanced by V-BLAST algorithm under the same simulation environment. The proposed system outperforms the conventional MIMO.
MIMO, Spatial Multiplexing, Beamforming, Smart Antenna, BER, Spectral Efficiency
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15012871
Список литературы Performance Comparison Of Beamforming And Multiplexing Techniques Using Smart Antenna Array
- Proakis J. G., (2001), "Digital Communications", 4th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2001.
- Shannon C. E., (1948) "A mathematical theory of communication – Part I & II," Bell Syst. Tech. J., vol. 27, pp. 379–423
- Steele R., (1994), "Mobile Radio Communications" New York: IEEE Press, 1994.
- Hanzo L., Muenster M., B. Choi J., and Kelle T. (2003), "OFDM and MC-CDMA for Broadband Multi-User Communications, WLANs and Broadcasting" Chichester: John Wiley & Sons / IEEE Press.
- Telatar I. E., (1999), "Capacity of multi-antenna gaussian channels", Europ. Trans. on Telecom., vol. 10,.
- V. Tarokh, N. Seshadri, and A. Calderbank, "Space-time codes for high data rate wireless communication: performance criterion and code construction," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 744-765, Mar. 1998.
- Ian F. A, David M. G, and Elias C. R., (2010), "The evolution to 4G cellular systems: LTE-Advanced", Elsevier journal of Physical Communication, Vol. 3, pp. 217–244
- Fochini G, and Gans M., (1998) "On limits of wireless communications in a fading environment when using.
- Gregory G. Raleigh, John M. Cioffi, (1998), "Spatio-temporal coding for wireless communication", IEEE Trans. Commun., Volume: 46, Issue: 3, pp, 357 - 366.
- Tarokh, V.; Jafarkhani, H.; Calderbank, A.R., "Space-time block codes from orthogonal designs", IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, Volume: 45 Issue: 5 ,July 1999, Page(s): 1456 -1467.
- S.M. Alamouti, "A simple transmit diversity technique for wireless communications", Selected Areas in Communications, IEEE Journal on, Volume: 16, Issue: 8, Oct. 1998.
- Jan M., Robert S., Lutz L., Wolfgang H. G., and Peter A. H., (2009), "Multiple-Antenna Techniques for Wireless Communications – A Comprehensive Literature Survey", IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp.87-105.
- Cover T. M. and Thomas J. A., (1991) "Elements of Information Theory" New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Gore D., Health Jr. R.w., and Paularj A.; (2002), "Transmit Selection in spatial Multiplexing system", IEEE communication Letter Vol.6, NO. 11,pp. 491-493.
- Akbar M.S., (2002), "Deconstructing Multiantenna Fading Channels", IEEE Transactions On Signal Processing, Vol. 50, NO. 10.
- Aris L. M., Raj Kumar K. and Giuseppe C., (2009) "Performance of MMSE MIMO Receivers: A Large N Analysis for Correlated Channels", IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, pp.1-5.