Performance assessment of bacterial foraging based power system stabilizer in multi-machine power system
Автор: Nader M.A. Ibrahim, Basem E. Elnaghi, Hamed A. Ibrahim, Hossam E.A. Talaat
Статья в выпуске: 7 vol.11, 2019 года.
This paper describes the process of power system stabilizer (PSS) optimization by using bacterial foraging (BG) to improve the power system stability and damping out the oscillation during large and small disturbances in a multi-machine power system. The proposed PSS type is P. Kundur (Lead-Lag) with speed deviation as the input signal. BG used to optimize the PSS gains. The proposed BG based delta w lead-lag PSS (P. Kundur structure) (BG-PSS) evaluated in the well-known benchmark simulation problem P. Kundur 4-machines 11-buses 2-areas power system. The BG-PSS compared with MB-PSS with simplified settings: IEEE® type PSS4B according to IEEE Std. 421.5, Conventional Delta w PSS (as the proposed PSS without optimization) from P. Kundur, and Conventional Acceleration Power (Delta Pa) PSS to demonstrate its robustness and superiority versus the three PSSs types to damp out the inter-area oscillations in a multi-machine power system. The damping ratio and the real part of the eigenvalues used as the fitness function in the optimization process. The nonlinear simulation results obtained in the MATLAB / SIMULINK environment prove that the proposed PSS is highly effective, robust, & superior to the other used controllers in restrictive the inter-area oscillation in a large power system & to maintain the wide-area stability of the system. Also, the performance indices eigenvalue analysis, peak overshoot, settling time, and steady-state error used to validate the superior oscillation damping and fast recovered transient dynamic behavior over the three considered controllers.
Multi-machine power system model, artificial intelligent, power system stabilizer optimization, bacterial foraging technique, performance indices
Короткий адрес: https://readera.ru/15016608
IDR: 15016608 | DOI: 10.5815/ijisa.2019.07.05
Список литературы Performance assessment of bacterial foraging based power system stabilizer in multi-machine power system
- E. L. Miotto; P. Bueno ; E. D.Fortes; & etc., "Coordinated Tuning of the Parameters of PSS and POD Controllers Using Bioinspired Algorithms," IEEE Trans. on Ind. App. , vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 3845 - 3857, July-Aug. 2018.
- P. Dey; A. Bhattacharya; & etc., "Parameter tuning of power system stabilizer using a meta-heuristic algorithm," in 2017 Sec. Inter. Conf. on Elec., Comp. & Comm. Tech. (ICECCT), Coimbatore, India, 22-24 Feb. 2017.
- A. Salgotra; & S. Pan, "Model based PI power system stabilizer design for damping low frequency oscillations in power systems," ISA Trans., vol. 76, pp. 110-121, May 2018.
- D.K.Sambariya, & R. Prasad, "Robust tuning of power system stabilizer for small signal stability enhancement using metaheuristic bat algorithm," Inter. Jour. of Elec. Power & Ener. Sys., vol. 61, pp. 229-238, Oct. 2014.
- Nader M.A. Ibrahim, Hossam E. M. Attia, & etc., "Modified particle swarm optimization based proportional-derivative power system stabilizer," I.J. Intel. Sys. & App., vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 62-76, Feb. 2015.
- W. PeresaIvo, C. Silva, & etc., "Gradient based hybrid metaheuristics for robust tuning of power system stabilizers," Inter. Jour. of Elec. Power & Ener. Sys., vol. 95, pp. 47-72, Feb. 2018.
- H. K. Abdulkhader, J. Jacob, & etc., "Fractional-order lead-lag compensator-based multi-band power system stabiliser design using a hybrid dynamic GA-PSO algorithm," IET Gene., Trans. & Dist., vol. 12, no. 13, pp. 3248 - 3260, 19 July 2018.
- M. Khaleghi, M. Mohammadian, & etc., "Design of two power system stabilizers coordinately based on Strength Pareto Evolutionary Algorithm," in 2009 4th IEEE Conf. on Ind. Electro. & App., Xi'an, China, 25-27 May 2009.
- A. Khodabakhshian, & R. Hemmati, "Multi-machine power system stabilizer design by using cultural algorithms," Inter. Jour. of Elec. Power & Ener. Sys., vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 571-580, Jan. 2013.
- P. Dey, A. Bhattacharya, & etc. , "Parameter tuning of power system stabilizer using a meta-heuristic algorithm," in 2017 Sec. Inter. Conf. on Elec., Comp. and Comm. Tech. (ICECCT), Coimbatore, India, 22-24 Feb. 2017.
- S. Ekinci, & B. Hekimoglu, "Parameter optimization of power system stabilizer via Salp Swarm algorithm," in 2018 5th Inter. Conf. on Elec. and Electr. Eng. (ICEEE), Istanbul, Turkey, 3-5 May 2018.
- N. N. Islam, M. A. Hannan, & etc., "Power system stabilizer design using BAT optimization algorithm in multimachine power system," in 2013 IEEE Stu. Conf. on Rese. & Dev., Putrajaya, Malaysia, 16-17 Dec. 2013.
- M. Shafiullah, M. J. Rana, & etc., "Online tuning of power system stabilizer employing genetic programming for stability enhancement," Jour. of Elec. Sys. & Inf. Tech., 11 April 2018.
- T. Špoljarić , & I. Pavić, "Performance analysis of an ant lion optimizer in tuning generators' excitation controls in multi machine power system," in 2018 41st Inter. Conven. on Inf. & Comm. Tech., Electr. & Micr. (MIPRO), Opatija, Croatia, 21-25 May 2018.
- Rahman, & J. M. Saleh, "Hybrid bio-Inspired computational intelligence techniques for solving power system optimization problems: A comprehensive survey," Applied Soft Computing, vol. 69, pp. 72-130, Aug. 2018.
- F. Dib, & I. Boumhidi, "Optimal H∞control without reaching phase with the differential evolution PID based on PSS for multi-machine power system," in 2015 Intel. Sys. & Comp. Vis. (ISCV), Fez, Morocco, 25-26 March 2015.
- K. B. Meziane, & I. Boumhidi, "An interval type-2 fuzzy logic PSS with the optimal H∞tracking control for multi-machine power system," in 2015 Intel. Sys. & Comp. Vis. (ISCV), Fez, Morocco, 25-26 March 2015.
- A.F. Okou, M. Kelemen, & etc., "Towards a systematic procedure to design robust power system stabilizers," in 2000 Power Eng. Soci. Summer Meet. (Cat. No.00CH37134), Seattle, WA, USA, 16-20 July 2000.
- K. Saoudi, Z. Bouchama, & etc., "Design of a robust PSS using an indirect adaptive type-2 fuzzy sliding mode for a multi-machine power system," in 2016 8th Inter. Conf. on Model., Identi. & Cont. (ICMIC), Algiers, Algeria, 15-17 Nov. 2016.
- J. Talaq, "Optimal power system stabilizers for multi machine systems," Inter. Jour. of Elec. Power & Ene. Sys., vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 793-803, Dec. 2012.
- J. Morsali, R. Kazemzadeh, & etc. , "Introducing FOPID-PSS to increase small-signal stability of multi-machine power system," in 2015 23rd Iran. Conf. on Elec. Eng., Tehran, Iran, 10-14 May 2015.
- B. Dhouib, A. Kahouli, & etc., "A comparative study of performance of multi-band and conventional power system stabilizers to improve transient stability of multimachine power system," in 2016 17th Inter. Con. on Sci. & Techni. of Auto. Cont. & Comp. Eng. (STA), Sousse, Tunisia, 19-21 Dec. 2016.
- P. Kundur, Power System Stability and Control, New York USA: McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1994.
- A.R.Fereidounia, B.Vahidi, & etc., "Improvement of low frequency oscillation damping by allocation and design of power system stabilizers in the multi-machine power system," Inter. Jour. of Elec. Power & Ener. Sys., vol. 52, pp. 207-220, Nov. 2013.
- C. Report, "Dynamic Models for Steam and Hydro Turbines in Power System Studies," IEEE Trans. on Power Appar. & Sys., Vols. PAS-92, no. 6, pp. 1904 - 1915, Nov. 1973.
- Editors, "421.5-2005 - IEEE Recommended Practice for Excitation System Models for Power System Stability Studies," 21 Apr. 2006, IEEE.
- Y. Y. Hsu, & C. L. Chen, "Identification of optimum location for stabiliser applications using participation factors," IEE Proc. C - Generation, Transm. & Distr., vol. 134, no. 3, pp. 238 - 244, May 1987.
- F. P. Demello, & C. Concordia, "Concepts of Synchronous Machine Stability as Affected by Excitation Control," IEEE Trans. on Power Appar. & Sys. , Vols. PAS-88, no. 4, pp. 316 - 329, Apr. 1969.
- F. Milano, "Federico Milano's Webpage," University College Dublin, 6 Jan. 2013. [Online]. Available: http://faraday1.ucd.ie/psat.html. [Accessed 15 May 2018].
- P. K. Ray, S. R. Paital, & etc., "Swarm and bacterial foraging based optimal power system stabilizer for stability improvement," in 2016 IEEE Regi. 10 Conf. (TENCON), Singapore, Singapore, 22-25 Nov. 2016.
- w. korani, "File Exchange," Mathworks, 9 Jun. 2008.
- [Online].Available: https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/20217-bacterial-foraging. [Accessed 10 May 2018].
- M. Klein, G. J. Rogers, & etc., "Analytical investigation of factors influencing PSS performance," IEEE Trans. on EC, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 382-390, Sep. 1992.