Nonlinear Gust Response Analysis of Free Flexible Aircraft
Автор: Guo Dong, Xu Min, Chen Shilu
Статья в выпуске: 2 vol.5, 2013 года.
Gust response analysis plays a very important role in large aircraft design. This paper presents a methodology for calculating the flight dynamic characteristics and gust response of free flexible aircraft. A multidisciplinary coupled numerical tool is developed to simulate detailed aircraft models undergoing arbitrary free flight motion in the time domain, by Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Computational Structure Dynamics (CSD) and Computational Flight Mechanics (CFM) coupling. To achieve this objective, a structured, time-accurate flow-solver is coupled with a computational module solving the flight mechanics equations of motion and a structural mechanics code determining the structural deformations. A novel method to determine the trim state of flexible aircraft is also stated. First, the field velocity approach is validated, after the trim state is attained, gust responses for the one-minus-cosine gust profile are analyzed for the longitudinal motion of a slender-wing aircraft configuration with and without the consideration of structural deformation.
Numerical Simulation, Computational Flight Mechanics, Multi-disciplinary Coupled, Gust Response
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15010360
Список литературы Nonlinear Gust Response Analysis of Free Flexible Aircraft
- Anon., Gust and Turbulence Loads. Code of Federal Regulations, Aeronautics and Space, Part 25.341, National Archives and Records Administration, Office of the Federal Register, Jan. 2003
- Guowei Yang, Shigeru Obayashi. Numerical Analyses of Discrete Gust Response for an Aircraft. Journal of Aircraft, 2004, 41(6): 1353-1359
- Perry, B. III, Pototzky, A.S., and Woods, J.A., NASA Investigation of a Claimed ‘Overlap’ Between Two Gust Response Analysis Methods. Journal of Aircraft, 1990, 27(7): 605-611
- Scott, R.C., Potozky, A.S., and Perry, B., III. Computational of Maximized Gust Loads for Nonlinear Aircraft Using Matched-Filter-Based Schemes. Journal of Aircraft, 1993, 30(5):763-768
- Lee, Y.N., Lan, C.E., Analysis of Random Response with Nonlinear Unsteady Aerodynamics. Journal of Aircraft, 2000, 38(8):1305-1312
- Flávio J Silvestre, Pedro Paglione. Dynamics and Control of a Flexible Aircraft. AIAA 2008-6876
- Patil M. J., Hodges, D.H. and E.S.Cesnik. Nonlinear Aeroelasticity and Flight Dynamics of High-Altitude Long Endurance Aircraft. Journal of Aircraft, 2001,38(1):88-94
- Shear C.M. and Cesnik C.E.S. Nonlinear Flight Dynamics of Very Flexible Aircraft. AIAA Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Conference and Exhibit, San Francisco, CA, Aug.15-18, 2005
- Weihua Su, Carlos E.S.Cesnik. Nonlinear Aeroelasticity of a Very Flexible Blended-Wing-Body Aircraft. AIAA 2009-2402
- Weihua Su, Carlos E.S.Cesnik. Dynamic Response of Highly Flexible Flying Wings. AIAA 2006-1636
- Thoms E. Noll, John M. Brown, Marla E. Perez-Davis. Investigation of the Helios Prototype Aircraft Mishap. http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/64317main_helios.pdf.
- Luca Cavagna, Pierangelo Masarati, Giuseppe Quaranta. Simulation of Maneuvering Flexible Aircraft by Coupled Multibody/CFD. Multibody Dynamic 2009, ECCOMAS Thematic Conference.
- Martin R. Waszak and David K. Schmidt. Flight Dynamics of Aeroelastic Vehicles. AIAA Journal of Aircraft, 1988, 25(6):563-571
- Weigang Yao. Nonlinear Aeroelastic System Simulation in Time Domain [Ph.D]. Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi’an, China, 2009
- Robert L.Harder, Robert N.Desmarais. Interpolation Using Surface Splines. Journal of Aircraft, 1972,9(2):189-191
- Daniella E.Raveh. Maneuver Load Analysis of Overdetermined Trim Systems. Journal of Aircraft, 2008, 45(1):119-129
- Vasudev Parameswaran, James D.Baeder. Indicial Aerodynamic in Compressible Flow-Direct Computational Fluid Dynamic Calculations. Journal of Aircraft, 1997, 34(1):131-133
- Rajnessh Singh, James D.Baeder. Direct Calculation of Three-Dimensional Indicial Lift Response Using Computational Fluid Dynamics. Journal of Aircraft, 1997, 34(4):465-471