Nature-inspired optimal tuning of scaling factors of mamdani fuzzy model for intelligent feed dispensing system
Автор: Christian A. Ameh, Olaniyi O. M., Dogo E. M., Aliyu S., Arulogun O. T.
Статья в выпуске: 9 vol.10, 2018 года.
The increasing trends in intelligent control systems design has provide means for engineers to evolve robust and flexible means of adapting them to diverse applications. This tendency would reduce the challenges and complexity in bringing about the appropriate controllers to effect stability and efficient operations of industrial systems. This paper investigates the effect of two nature inspired algorithms, Genetic Algorithm (GA) and Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO), on PID controller for optimum tuning of a Fuzzy Logic Controller for Poultry Feed Dispensing Systems (PFDS). The Fuzzy Logic Controller was used to obtain a desired control speed for the conceptualized intelligent PFDS model. Both GA and PSO were compared to investigate which of the two algorithms could permit dynamic PFDS model to minimize feed wastage and reduce the alarming human involvement in dispensing poultry feeds majorly in the tropics. The modelling and simulation results obtained from the study using discrete event simulator and computational programming environment showed that PSO gave a much desired results for the optimally tuned FLC-PID, for stable intelligent PFDS with fast system response, rise time, and settling time compared to GA.
Genetic Algorithm, Particle Swarm Optimization, Fuzzy Logic Controller, PID tuning, Objective function
Короткий адрес: https://readera.ru/15016527
IDR: 15016527 | DOI: 10.5815/ijisa.2018.09.07
Список литературы Nature-inspired optimal tuning of scaling factors of mamdani fuzzy model for intelligent feed dispensing system
- T., Bouktir, L., Slimani, and M., Belkacemi, “A Genetic Algorithm for Solving the Optimal Power Flow Problem”, Leonardo Journal of Life Sciences, Vol. 4, Pp44-58, 2004.
- A., Adejumo, “Design and Development of a Mobile Intelligent Poultry Liquid Feed Dispensing System using GA Tuned PID Control Technique”, B.Eng. Thesis, Department of Computer Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria, 2015.
- O.M., Olaniyi, O.F., Salami, O.O., Adewumi, and O.S., Ajibola, “Design of an Intelligent Poultry Feed and Water Dispensing System Using Fuzzy Logic Control Technique”, Control Theory and Informatics, Vol 4, Pp61-72, 2014.
- O.M., Olaniyi, T.A., Folorunso, J.G., Kolo, O.T., Arulogun, and J.A., Bala, “A Mobile Intelligent Poultry Feed Dispensing System Using Particle Swarm Optimized PID Control Technique”, Proceedings of the 6th International Science, Technology, Education, Arts, Management & Social Sciences (iSTEAMS) Cross-Border Conference. University of Professional Studies, Accra Ghana. Pp185-194, 2016.
- C. D., Richard, and H. B., Robert, “Modern Control Systems”, 9th Edition, Prentice Hall, Inc, Retrieved from https://www.personhighered.com, June, 2017.
- K. S., Tang, K. F., Man, G., Chen, and S., Kwong, “An optimal fuzzy PID controller”, IEEE Trans. Ind. Elect., Vol. 48, Pp757-765, 2001.
- S., Morkos, and H., Kamal, “PSO-Based Optimal Fuzzy Controller Design for Wastewater Treatment Process”, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, Vol. 10, Pp20-29, 2012.
- M., Peyvandi, M., Zafarani, and E., Nasr, “Comparison of the Particle Swarm Optimization and the Genetic Algorithm in the Improvement of Power System Stability by an SSSC-based Controller”, Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology, Vol. 6, Pp182-191, 2011.
- A., Jalilvand, A., Kimiyaghalam, A., Ashouri, H., Kord, “Optimal Tuning of PID Controller Parameters on a DC Motor Based on Advanced Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm”, International Journal on Technical and Physical Problems of Engineering (IJTPE), Vol. 3, Pp10-17, 2011.
- K., Koffka, and S., Ashok, “A Comparison of BA, GA, PSO, BP and LM for Training Feed forward Neural Networks in e-Learning Context”, International Journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications, Vol. 4, Pp23-29, 2012.
- R., Poli, J., Kennedy, and T., Blackwell, “Particle Swarm Optimization”, LIACS Natural Computing Group Leiden University, Vol. 1, Pp33-57, 2007.
- J., Kennedy, R. C. Eberhart, and Y., Shi, “Swarm Intelligence”, Kaufmann, San Francisco, Vol. 1, Pp700-720, 2001.
- F., Dušan, F., Iztok, Š., Riko, “Parameter Tuning of PID Controller with Reactive Nature-inspired Algorithms”, Robotic and Autonomous Systems, Vol. 84, pp64-75, 2016.
- K., Premkumar, B.V., Manikandan, “Bat algorithm optimized fuzzy PD based speed controller for brushless direct current motor”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Vol. 19, Pp818-840, 2015.
- A. K., Sanusi, D. A., Mohammad, O., Lanre, “Design and Comparative Assessment of State Feedback Controllers for Position Control of 8692 DC Servomotor”, International Journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications, Vol. 9, Pp28-33, 2015.
- O. I., Hassanein, A. A., Aly, A. A., Abo-Ismail, “Parameter Tuning via Genetic Algorithm of Fuzzy Controller for Fire Tube Boiler”, International Journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications, Vol. 4, Pp9-18, 2012.
- C. A., Ameh, O. M., Olaniyi, E. M., Dogo, A., Usman, S., Aliyu, B., Alkali, “Mathematical Modeling of an Intelligent Poultry Feed Dispensing System”, Journal of Digital Innovations and Contemporary Research in Sc., Eng and Tech, Vol. 5, Pp219-238, 2017.