Mutual Coupling Reduction between H Shaped Compact MIMO Antenna for WLAN Application
Автор: Pratima.C.Nirmal, Anil Nandgaonkar, Sanjay Nalbalwar
Статья в выпуске: 6 Vol.7, 2017 года.
A simple compact H shaped MIMO antenna for WLAN application at resonating frequency 5.8 GHz is propose in this paper. The center to center spacing between closely placed H shaped MIMO antenna is 0.311λo. The mutual coupling between the proposed antenna is reduced by using dumbbell shaped DGS at the center of the groundplane. These dumbbell shape defect act as bandstop filter because of its inductance and capacitance effect, helps to suppress the surface wave propagation of waves. The filter characteristic of the dumbbell shaped DGS is studied to achieve isolation over the 5.725-5.875 GHz frequency band. Further the parametric study such as length, width and the spacing of dumbbell shaped DGS is optimized and studied in order to achieve good isolation among the MIMO antenna elements. The proposed MIMO structure is fabricated on low cost FR4 substrate having thickness of 1.6mm and the overall dimension of MIMO antenna is 40mm x 24 mm leading to compact size of antenna. The mutual coupling reduces from 24 dB to 34 dB by placing dumbbell shaped DGS. The envelope correlation coefficient for the proposed antenna is below less than 0.04 dB for the operating frequency band. The proposed H shaped MIMO antenna is tested and the measured result follows the simulation results. Therefore the proposed antenna is a good candidate for WLAN application.
DGS (Defected Ground Structure), Mutual coupling, ECC (Envelope correlation coefficient), Isolation, Parasitic Elements, EBG (Electromagnetic Bandgap Structure)
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15013005
Список литературы Mutual Coupling Reduction between H Shaped Compact MIMO Antenna for WLAN Application
- Michael A. Jensen and Jon W. Wallace, “A review of antennas and propagation for MIMOwireless communications,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 11, 2810-2824, Nov. 2004.
- Lizhong Zhengand D. N. C. Tse, “Diversity and multiplexing: a fundamental trade off in multiple-antenna channels,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 49, No. 5, 1073-1096, May. 2003.
- D.Gesbert, M. Shafi, Da-shan Shiu, Peter J. Smith, and Ayman Naguib, “From theory to practice: An overview of MIMO space-time coded wireless systemsIEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 21, No. 3, 281–302, Apr. 2003.
- Atif Jamil, Mohd Zuki Yusoff and Noorhana Yahya," Current Issues and Challenges of MIMO Antenna Designs", IEEE conference on Intelligent and Advanced Systems (ICIAS),Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, pp. 1-5, June. 2010.
- Jing Liang, H. Y. D. Yang,"Microstrip Patch Antennas on Tunable Electromagnetic Band-Gap Substrates”, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol.57, pp. 1612-1617, June. 2009.
- Nabilah Ripin , Robiatun Adayiah Awang, Ahmad Asari Sulaiman , Noor Hasimah Baba and Suhaila Subahir" Rectangular Microstrip Patch Antenna with EBG Structure", IEEE Student conference on Research and Development (SCOReD) , Pulau Pinang, 2012, pp. 266 – 271.
- Fan Yang and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Microstrip antennas integrated with electromagnetic band-gap (EBG) structures: a low mutual coupling design for array applications", IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol.55,pp.2936 - 2946,Jul.2003.
- A. Veeramani, Afsane Saee Arezomand, J. Vijayakrishnan and Ferdows B. Zarrabi, “Compact S-Shaped EBG Structures for Reduction of Mutual Coupling”, 2015 Fifth International Conference on Advanced Computing & Communication Technologies, Haryana, 2015, pp. 21-25.
- Cuong Tran Manh, Xiaoke Han, H. Hafdallah Ouslimani, Alain Priou, Aurélien Marteau and Gérard Collignon, “Reduction of the coupling between Microstrip Arrays Antennas Using High Impedance Surface (HIS) Structures”, 2010 European Microwave Conference (EuMC), paris, pp.1453-1456, Sept.2010.
- Soon Ho Hwang, Tae Sik Yang, Joon Ho Byun and Austin S. Kim, “Reduction of Mutual Coupling between Closely-Packed Antenna Elements with Split Ring Resonator (SRR) ” 2010 International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology (ICMMT), Chengdu, 2010 , pp.1873-1875.
- Abdolmehdi Dadgarpour, Behnam Z arghooni and Tayeb A. Denidni, “Mutual-Coupling suppression for 60 GHz MIMO Antenna using Metamaterials”, 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation & USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting, Vancouver, BC, 2015, pp. 422-423.
- Vu Van Yem, Pham Van Chi and Bernard Journet, “Novel MIMO Antenna Using Complementary Split Ring Resonator (CSRR) For LTE Applications.”, 2012 International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Communications (ATC), Hanoi, 2012 , pp. 222-226.
- Qing-Le Zhang, Yu-Ting Jin, Jia-Qi Feng and Xin Lv,“Mutual Coupling Reduction of Microstrip Antenna Array Using Metamaterial Absorber”, IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Workshop Series on Advanced Materials and Processes for RF and THz Applications (IMWSAMP), Suzhou, 2015, pp. 1-3.
- Saeed Farsi ,Hadi Aliakbarian, Dominique Schreurs, Bart Nauwelaers and Guy A. E. Vandenbosch “Mutual Coupling Reduction Between Planar Antennas by Using a Simple Microstrip U-Section”, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters ,Vol. 11 , pp. 1501 – 1503, Dec 2012.
- Komal A. Kalamkar, Sachin S. Khade and S. L. Badjate “A 4-shaped MIMO Antenna for WLAN Application”, Communications and Signal Processing (ICCSP), 2015 International Conference, Melmaruvathur, 2015, pp.1831 – 1834.
- Asieh Habashi, Javad Nourinia and Changiz Ghobadi, “ A Rectangular Defected Ground Structure (DGS) for Reduction of Mutual Coupling Between Closely-Spaced Microstrip Antennas”, 20th Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE2012), Tehran, 2012, pp.1347 – 1350.
- Li Liu, S. W. Cheung and T. I. Yuk, “Compact MIMO Antenna for Portable Devices in UWB Applications”, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol.61, no. 8, pp. 4257 – 4264, May 2013.
- Shuai Zhang, Zhinong Ying, Jiang Xiong and Sailing He “Ultrawideband MIMO/Diversity Antennas With a Tree-Like Structure to Enhance Wideband Isolation” ,IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, pp. 1279 – 1282, Nov.2009.
- Chi-Yuk Chiu, Chi-Ho Cheng, Ross D. Murch, Corbett R. Rowell “Reduction of Mutual Coupling Between Closely Packed Antenna Elements”, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol.55, pp. 1732- 1738, June. 2007
- kyu Kim, Chang won Jung, Yong jin Kim and Young eil Kim, “Low-Profile Wideband MIMO Antenna With Suppressing Mutual Coupling Between Two Antennas”, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 50, no. 5, pp.1336–1339, May 2008.
- Sachin S. Khade, S.L.Badjate, “A Compact Multiband U Shape MIMO Antenna for Wireless Application ”, I.J. Wireless and Microwave Technologies, Vol.5, no.5, pp. 61-71, 2016.
- Z. Wang , “Reducing Mutual Coupling of Closely Space Microstrip Antennas for MIMO Application at 5.8 GHZ”, Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol.25, 399-409.
- Girish kumar and K. P. Ray, Broadband Microstrip Antennas, Artech House, Norwood, MA, 2003.
- Liu, H., Z. Li, and X. Sun, “Compact defected ground structure in Microstrip technology,” Electronics Letters, Vol. 41, No. 3, 132– 134, 2005.
- Li, G. H., X. H. Jiang, and X. M. Zhong, “A novel defected ground structure and its application to a low pass ﬁlter,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 48, No. 9, 453–456, 2006.
- S.Blanch, J.Romeu, and I. Corbella, “Exact representation of antenna system diversity performance from input parameter description,” Electron. Letter, Vol. 39, No. 9, 705–707, May 2003.