Modeling the impact of resource factors on agricultural output
Автор: Potapov Andrei P.
Рубрика: Industrial economics
Статья в выпуске: 4 т.13, 2020 года.
The relevance of the research is justified by the need to find the sources of agricultural production growth due to the effective use of resource factors. The purpose of the work is to model the influence of the labor factor and the capital factor on the production of agricultural products. The research method consists in using the Cobb-Douglas production function to build a model of the influence of enlarged production factors on output. The novelty of the author's approach lies in using cost characteristics of labor and capital costs, which allows to obtain more reliable indicators of elasticity by presenting the resource costs in a single calculation. The data from international statistics presented in the development of the international research project World Input-Output Database (WIOD) is proposed to be use as indicators describing the costs of factors of production. Capital expenditure is characterized by the Capital compensation indicator; to estimate labor costs, it is more appropriate to use the Compensation of employees indicator, which reflects labor costs in the form of employees' total wages. Calculations of the production function for various time intervals allowed to estimate the elasticity of output of Russian agricultural production in terms of labor and capital costs in absolute and relative terms in retrospect. The author makes a conclusion about the priority influence of the labor factor on output in the agricultural sector, about the high labor intensity of agricultural production in Russia in the absolute measurement of labor costs. Based on the obtained parameters of the production function, using the data from Russian statistics, the researcher presents a three-variable forecast of gross agricultural production dynamics, depending on changes in labor productivity and capital return. The models built allow to make predictive assessments of the industry complexes development, and can also be used in the development and adjustment of the main directions of the state agricultural policy for the effective use of the resource potential.
Resource potential, agricultural production, labor, capital, modeling, production function, forecasting
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/147225474
IDR: 147225474 | DOI: 10.15838/esc.2020.4.70.9
Список литературы Modeling the impact of resource factors on agricultural output
- Kleiner G.B. Proizvodstvennye funktsii: teoriya, metody, primenenie [Production Functions: Theory, Methods, Application]. Moscow: Finansy i statistika, 1986. 239 p.
- Fedorenko N.P., Anchishkin A.I., Yaremenko Yu.V. (red.). Metody narodnokhozyaistvennogo prognozirovaniya [Methods of Economic Forecasting]. Moscow: «Nauka», 1985. 472 p.
- Plyshevskii B. Theoretical issues of the analysis of surplus product. Ekonomist=Ekonomist, 2013, no. 9, pp. 58–69 (in Russian).
- Kirilyuk I.L. The dynamics of the return of production factors in the Russian economy from 1995 to 2011. In: Fenomen vozrastayushchei otdachi v ekonomike i politike [The phenomenon of increasing returns in economics and politics]. Ed. by S.G. Kirdina, V.I. Maevskii. St. Petersburg: Aleteiya, 2014. Pp. 73–106 (in Russian).
- Lavrovskii B. Assessment of labor productivity in Russia and the world. Ekonomist=Ekonomist, 2014, no. 12, pp. 27–35 (in Russian).
- Orlova N., Egiev S. Structural factors of Russian economic slowdown. Voprosy ekonomiki=Voprosy Ekonomiki, 2015, no. 12, pp. 69–84 (in Russian).
- Jorgenson D.W., Vu K.M. Potential growth of the world economy. Journal of Policy Modelling, 2010, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 615–631.
- Kuboniwa M. The Russian growth path and TFP changes in light of estimation of the production function using quarterly data. Post-Communist Economies, 2011, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 311–325.
- Naumov I.V., Trynov A.V. Modeling the investment attractiveness of the types of economic activities in the region with the use of the matrix of financial flows. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial’nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz=Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast, 2019, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 53–66 (in Russian).
- Vinnichek L.B., Zyablikova O.A., Terzova G.V. Resursnyi potentsial sel’skokhozyaistvennykh organizatsii i effektivnost’ ego ispol’zovaniya [Resource Potential of Agricultural Organizations and the Effectiveness of its Use]. Penza: RIO PGSKhA, 2015. 176 p.
- Smagin B.I., Akindinov V.V. Effektivnost’ ispol’zovaniya resursnogo potentsiala v agrarnom proizvodstve [Efficiency of Using Resource Potential in Agricultural Production]. Michurinsk: Izdatel’stvo Michurinskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta, 2007. 150 p.
- Vasilchenko M.Ya. Technological factors of increasing the efficiency of the production potential of the livestock subcomplex in Russia. Ekonomicheskie nauki=Economic Sciences, 2018, no. 5 (162), pp. 91–95 (in Russian).
- Ksenofontov M.Yu., Polzikov D.A., Verbitskiy Yu.S., Melnikova Y.S. On the assessment of the potential expansion of agricultural production and its structural shifts. Studies on Russian Economic Development, 2017, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 624–636.
- Solow R.M. The production function and the theory of capital. Review of Economic Studies, 1953, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 101–108.
- Solow R.M. Technical change and the aggregate production function. The Review of Economics and Statistics, 1957, vol. 39, no. 3 (Aug.), pp. 312–320.
- Denison E.F. The Sources of Economic Growth in the United States & the Alternatives before us. New York: Comm. of Economic Development, 1962. 308 p.
- Denison E.F. Estimates of Productivity Changes by Industry: An Evaluation and an Alternative. Washington DC: Brookings Institution, 1989. 78 p.
- Potapov A.P. Estimation of dynamics of resource expenditure and resource intensity of agrarian manufacture of Russia. Agrarnyi nauchnyi zhurnal=The Agrarian Scientific Journal, 2018, no. 5, pp. 85–91 (in Russian).
- Salko D.Yu, Iskandarov K.M., Ivchenko Yu.S. Dependence of output on the used work and the invested capital as the example of the peculiarities of production functions creation. Izvestiya SPbGTI(TU)=Bulletin of the Saint Petersburg State Institute of Technology (Technical University), 2014, no. 26, pp. 109–112 (in Russian).
- Zaitsev A. International differences in labor productivity: Role of capital, technological level and resource rent. Voprosy ekonomiki=Voprosy Ekonomiki, 2016, no. 9, pp. 67–93 (in Russian).
- Ivanter V.V., Govtvan’ O.D., Gusev M.S., Ksenofontov M.Yu., Kuvalin D.B., Moiseev A.K., Porfiryev B.N., Semikashev V.V., Uzyakov M.N., Shirov A.A. System of measures to recovery of economic growth in Russia. Problemy prognozirovaniya=Studies on Russian Economic Development, 2018, no. 1, pp. 3–9 (in Russian).
- Potapov A.P Innovative development resources of agrarian production of Russia. Ekonomika sel’skokhozyaistvennykh i pererabatyvayushchikh predpriyatii=Economy of Agricultural and Processing Enterprises, 2011, no. 12, pp. 49–53 (in Russian).
- Blinova T.V., Potapov A.P. Labor potential of modernization of the Russian village. Vestnik SGTU=Vestnik of Saratov State Technical University, 2011, no. 2, issue 1, pp. 313–323 (in Russian).