Method for determination of cyber threats based on machine learning for real-time information system
Автор: Volodymyr Tolubko, Viktor Vyshnivskyi, Vadym Mukhin, Halyna Haidur, Nadiia Dovzhenko, Oleh Ilin, Volodymyr Vasylenko
Статья в выпуске: 8 vol.10, 2018 года.
This work is about the definition of cyber threats in the information system. The cyber threats lead to significant loss of network resources and cause the system disability as a whole. Detecting countermeasures in certain threats can reduce the impact on the system by changing the topology of the network in advance. Consequently, the interruption of a cyberattack forces the intruders to seek for alternative ways to damage the system. The most important task in the information system work is the state of network equipment monitoring. Also it’s the support of the network infrastructure in working order. The purpose of the work is to develop a method for detecting cyber threats for the information system. The system can independently detect cyber threats and develop countermeasures against them. The main feature of the counteractions is to protect network nodes from compromising. To ensure the functional stability, the most important issues are providing safety metrics. This technique allows to increase the functional stability of the system, which works in real time.
Method, cybersecurity, threat, countermeasure, graph, algorithm
Короткий адрес: https://readera.ru/15016513
IDR: 15016513 | DOI: 10.5815/ijisa.2018.08.02
Список литературы Method for determination of cyber threats based on machine learning for real-time information system
- Abebe Tesfahun, Bhaskari D. Lalitha. Effective hybrid intrusion detection system: A layered approach. International Journal of Computer Network and Information Security (IJCNIS). 2015, Vol. 7, N 3. P. 35–41. DOI: 10.5815/ijcnis.2015.03.05.
- Bhuyan M.H., Bhattacharyya D.K., Kalita J.K. Network anomaly detection: Methods, systems and tools. IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials. 2014. Vol. 16, N 1. P. 303–336.
- Shi, C. Beard, and K. Mitchell, “Analytical Models for Understanding Misbehavior and MAC Friendliness in CSMA Networks,” Performance Evaluation, Vol. 66 (9–10), 2009, pp. 469. DOI:10.1016/j.peva.2009.02.002.
- V.Ye. Mukhin, H. Loutskii, O. Barabash, Ya. Kornaga, V. Steshyn. Models for Analysis and Prognostication of the Indicators of the Distributed Computer Systems’ Characteristics.// International Review on Computers and Software (IRECOS), Vol. 10, N 12, 2015.- pp. 1216 – 1224.
- N. Mohammadi, and M. Zangeneh, “Customer Credit Risk Assessment using Artificial Neural Networks,” I.J. Information Technology and Computer Science, Vol.8, N3, 2016, pp. 58-66. DOI: 10.5815/ijitcs.2016.03.07
- P. R. Vamsi, and K. Kan, “Self Adaptive Trust Model for Secure Geographic Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks,” International Journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications, Vol. 7, N3, 2015, pp. 21-28. DOI: 10.5815/ijisa.2015.03.03
- L. P. Rees, J. K. Deane, T. R. Rakes, and W. H. Baker, “Decision support for cybersecurity risk planning,’ Decision Support Systems, vol. 51. no. 3. 2011, pp. 493-505.
- P. Saripalh, and B. Walters, “Quire: A quantitative impact and risk assessment framework for cloud security,” IEEE 3rd International Conference on Cloud Computing, 2010.
- Yang Liu, Zhikui Chen, and Xiaoning Lv, “Risk computing based on capacity of risk-absorbing in virtual community environment,” International Journal of Communication Systems, 2014.
- A. Koul, and M. Sharma, “Cumulative Techniques for Overcoming Security Threats in Manets,” International Journal of Computer Network and Information Security, Vol. 7, N. 5, 2015, pp.61-73. DOI: 10.5815/ijcnis.2015.05.08
- Mohamed Hamdi, and Noureddine Boudriga, “Computer and network security risk management: theory, challenges, and countermeasures,” International Journal of Communication Systems, Volume 18, Issue 8, 2005, pp. 763–793. DOI: 10.1002/dac.729
- V.Ye. Mukhin. The Security Mechanisms for Grid Computers.// Proceedings of the 4-th IEEE Workshop on Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems: Technology and Applications (IDAACS’2007), Dortmund, Germany, 6-8 September 2007. – pp. 584-589.
- V.Ye. Mukhin. Adaptive Approach to Safety Control and Security System Modification in Computer Systems and Networks.// Proceedings of the 5-th IEEE Workshop on Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems: Technology and Applications (IDAACS’2009), Rende (Cosenza), Italy, 21 - 23 September 2009. – pp. 212 - 217.
- V.Ye. Mukhin, A.Ye.Bidkov, Vu Duc Thinh. The Forming of Trust Level to the Nodes in the Distributed Computer Systems.// Proc. of XIth International Conference “Modern Problems of Radio Engineering, Telecommunications and Computer Science TCSET’2012”. Lvov – Slavsko, 21 - 24 February 2012. – p. 362.
- V.Mukhin, Ya. Kornaga, Ye. Mostovoi, Yu. Bazacca. The model for the events monitoring in the hetero-geneous distributed databases based on a vector-matrix operations.// Far East Journal of Electronics and Communications. Vol.16, Issue 3, September 2016. –pp. 645 -656.