Lecture Time Table Reminder System on Android Platform (Case Study: Final Year Students, Computer Science Department)
Автор: Ayeni Olaniyi Abiodun, Dada Olabisi, Talabi Olanrewaju
Статья в выпуске: 1 Vol.7, 2017 года.
Forgetting the stipulated schedule or time of lectures due to one reason or the other has always been a major concern for students resulting in the students missing classes and thereby lagging behind in what the lecturer has taught the other students. The main purpose of developing the Lecture time table reminder system is to minimize this problem to an acceptable level. Lecture Timetable Reminder System is a mobile application developed on the Android platform for the students of Computer Science, 500level, Federal University of Technology, Akure, with the service of reminding them about their lectures. The major tools used in developing this application are Java, Eclipse, Android Software Development Kit (SDK), PHP and MySQL. Java is the programming language that was used and Eclipse is the Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and Android SDK is a virtual device emulator. Then PHP was used to produce a response customized for each user's request to the application, MySQL is the database.
Reminder, lecture, time-table, android phones, system
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15012969
Список литературы Lecture Time Table Reminder System on Android Platform (Case Study: Final Year Students, Computer Science Department)
- Aman Singhal, 2010. Place Me: Location Based Mobile App for Android Platform. The University of Texas, Austin.
- Ashok Kumar Naik, 2013. Developing a Location Based Reminder Application on Android Platform. Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering National Institute of Technology Rourkela.
- Devale P.R. and Pawar V.R., 2009. Time and Location Based Reminder System. Nauonal level paper presentation Excelsior '09 at SeOE,Pune.
- Diana Wills, "Today's requirements of mobile application development in the world", May 04, 2012.
- Divya Dutta, Kuldeep Kumar, Rachit Singhal, Taruna Goswami, 2012. A major project synopsis On Event scheduler and reminder in android. Department of Computer Science and Engineering National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (H.P.).
- Dragan Perakovic, Vladimir Remenar, Sinisa Husnjak, 2012. Reminder Based on the User's Location
- D. Rusling, The Linux Kernel. Berkshire, United Kingdom,1996:[Online]"http://tldp.org/LDP/tlk/tlk.html"
- Google Inc. (2007, Nov.) Android API Reference.Google Inc. (2010, Nov.) Android Developers: http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/adb.html
- G. Inc. (2010, Nov.) Android Developer Guide. http://developer.android.com/guide/basics/what-is-android.html
- http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system).http://developer.android.com/guide /components/index.html/: Android Components.http://stack
- H. Oinas-Kukkonen, V. Kurkela, and I. Oulu, "Developing Successful Mobile Application", 2003, p. 5.
- Kinjal Modi, Unnati Chauhan, Jaimini Rana, Chandni Patel, Avani Rana, Vaishali Patel, 2013. Greeting reminder application based android International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering (Vol. 1, Issue 2, April 2013).
- Marko Gargenta , "Learning Android" , Oreilly publication
- Pro Android , 3rd ed., Springer-Verlag New York, NY, 2009, pp. 69-132.
- Yazriwati and Nik, 2006. Study of techniques of class schedule/timetable Retrieval via SMS for Students' convenience research vote no.75109.