Investigations with All Optical Binary Subtractor Network at 100Gbps
Автор: Devendra Kr. Tripathi
Статья в выпуске: 6 Vol.7, 2017 года.
This article demonstrates for the proposed all optical binary subtractor network. Performance explored by exploiting nonlinear attribute the cross gain modulation with semiconductor optical amplifier which otherwise considered as cons if used as an amplifying tool. Numerical simulations have been executed, accordingly accustomed data inputs at 100Gbps data rate employed, generated aspired difference and the borrow outputs concurrently. The design’s performance for the non return to zero, return to zero and Manchester modulation formats have been analyzed, according to it is key performance parameter the extinction ratio. Investigations inferred optimum performance for the non return to zero modulation format outcome extinction ratio of 13.5dB,together with difference and borrow output have been successfully confirmed. Further designs execution with non return to zero modulation format for the key parameters range of data rates, laser peak power, the normalizer power, pump current, the current injection efficiency and the modulator bias voltage have been evaluated. Evaluation inferred that optimum performance is subject to the pertinent election of the vital design parameters. The proposed design is simpler by virtue of key attributes low power consumption and stability altogether with higher integration capability as well provides output generation simultaneously at higher data rate. It was lacking with preceding elucidations. Accordingly, this illustration could be an assistance towards novel contemporary complex digital optical computing combinational networks.
Optical Binary Subtractor (OBS), Semiconductor optical amplifier (SOA), All-Optical Logic (AOL), Mach-Zehnder Interferometer (MZI), cross gain modulation (XGM)
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15013003
Список литературы Investigations with All Optical Binary Subtractor Network at 100Gbps
- D K Tripathi, et al. Study in F.O.C. Multiplexing Techniques-A Review. Journal of Electrical Engineering & Electronic Technology 2014; 3(1):1-23.
- Dimitriadou E, Zoiros K E. On the feasibility of 320 Gb/s all-optical and gate using quantum-dot semiconductor optical amplifier-based Mach-Zehnder interferometer. Progress in Electromagnetic ResearchB 2013; 50:113-140.
- Mørk J, Nielsen M L, Berg T W. The dynamics of semiconductor optical amplifiers: Modelling and applications. Optic express Photon 2003; 14(1): 42-48.
- D K Tripathi. Design and Investigations for SOA with Fibre as optical Switch. International Journal of Computer Science & Engineering Technology (IJCSET) March 2016; 7(3):94-98.
- Pooja Kumari, Rajeev Thakur, BER Evaluation of FSO Link with Hybrid Amplifier for Different Duty Cycles of RZ Pulse in Different Conditions of Rainfall. I.J. Wireless and Microwave Technologies 2017; 1: 1-12.
- Kang B K, Kim J H, Byun Y T. All optical AND gate using probe and pump signals as the multiple binary points in cross phase modulation. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 2002; 41(2):568 – 570.
- Lee S, Park J, Lee K., All optical exclusive NOR logic gate using Mach-Zender interferometer. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 2002; 41(2):1155-1157.
- Lee H , Yoon H , Kim Y , Jeong J. Theoretical study of frequency chirping and extinction ratio of wavelength converted optical signals by XGM and XPM using SOA. IEEE Japanese Quantum Electron Aug1999; 35 (8):1213-1219.
- Durhuus T, Mikkelsen B, Joergensen C. All optical wavelength conversion by SOA. Journal of Light wave Technology1996; 14 (6):942-954.
- Stubkjaer K E. Semiconductor optical amplifier-based all optical gates for high-speed optical processing. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electrons 2000; 6 (6): 1428-1435.
- P Singh, et al. Design and analysis of all-optical inverter using SOA-based Mach–Zehnder interferometer. Optik 2013, 124, (14):1926– 1929.
- Pallavi Singh, et al. Designs of all-optical buffer and OR gate using SOA-MZI. Optical & Quantum Electronics 2014; 46 (11):1435-1444.
- Kyriakos E,Zoiros Z. All-Optical Logic Gates with Quantum-Dot Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers. ICTON- Greece 2013; 1-4.
- Liu B, Cai H, Zhang X M J. MEMS OPTICAL LOGIC NOR GATE USING INTEGRATED TUNABLE LASERS. in Proceedings of the IEEE 22nd International Conf. on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS '09),Sorrento, Italy2009;971-974.
- Pei-li L, De-xiu H. Ultrahigh-speed all-optical half adder based on four-wave mixing in semiconductor optical amplifier. OSA2006; 14(24):11839-11847.
- A. J. Poustie, K. J. Blow, A. E. Kelly, et.al. All-optical binary half-adder.Opt.Communication 1998; 156:22-26.
- S. Kumar, D. Gurkan, A. E. Willner. All-optical half adder using a PPLN waveguide and an SOA, OFC 2004; 23-27.
- J. H. Kim, Y. T. Byun, Y. M. Jhon, et.al. All-optical half adder using semiconductor optical amplifier based devices, Opt. Communication 2003; 218: 345-349.
- Jian Wang, Junqiang Sun, Qizhen Sun, Single-PPLN-based simultaneous half-adder, half-subtracter and OR logic gate proposal and Simulation, Optical Society of America2007; 15(4):1690-9.
- S. Kumar, D. Gurkan, A. E. Willner, K. Parameswaran, M. Fejer, All-optical half adder using a PPLN waveguide and an SOA, OFC February2004;1:23-27.
- J. E. McGeehan, S. Kumar, A. E. Willner, All-optical digital half-subtracter/adder using semiconductor optical amplifiers and a PPLN waveguide, CLEO 2005, May2005; 2:1061-1063.
- Pallavi Singh et.al. Design and analysis of all-optical half-adder, halfsubtractor and 4-bit decoder based on SOA-MZI configuration. Optical Quant Electronics 2016; 48:159.
- Harshal R. Kanhekar, Sayali N. Mane.Digital Wallet. I.J. Wireless and Microwave Technologies 2015; 4: 62-68.
- Pravat Kanti Nath, M. M. Rahmanb et. Al. Performance, Analysis between Analog OFDM & Digital OFDM. I.J. Wireless and Microwave Technologies 2016; 4: 84-100.