Investigating the relationship between coverage area and propagation profile
Автор: Adenodi Raphael Adewale
Статья в выпуске: 2 Vol.9, 2019 года.
This study investigates the relationship between coverage area and propagation profile. Most studies on propagation profile do not link the profile with the coverage area of the transmitter and vice versa. Using both coverage area and propagation profile to describe the variations of electric field intensity of propagating wave makes a vivid description of the transmitter performance. This study creates propagation profile from the contour of coverage area of Benue Radio transmitter. Data for the study were collected during a measurement campaign carried out around the transmitter. The data were interpolated to produce a contour of the coverage area. A cross sectional profile elicits from the contour of coverage area at equally spaced eight different vertical plains provides the propagation profiles of the transmitter. This was achieved by transforming the coordinates of the contour of coverage area into distance thus producing a two dimensional plain from a three dimensional contour. Values of coordinates and electric field intensity were taken from some points on the contour and were compared with the equivalent positions on the propagation profile yields the same value of electric field intensity and equivalent position in distance. Similar procedure was carried out on the propagation profile provides the same value of electric field intensity and equivalent positions in terms of coordinates. The study concludes that propagation profiles are cross sectional parts of coverage area.
Transmitter, coverage area, propagation profile, contour, electric field intensity
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15016963
IDR: 15016963 | DOI: 10.5815/ijwmt.2019.02.02
Список литературы Investigating the relationship between coverage area and propagation profile
- Akinbolatia A., Akinsanmi O. and Ekundayo K. R. “Signal Strength Variation and Propagation Profiles of UHF Radio Wave Channel in Ondo State, Nigeria.” I. J. Wireless and Microwave Technologies (IJWMT) DOI: 10.5815/ijwmt.2016.04.02., 4, 12-28 (2016).
- Gumusay M. U., Sen A., Bulucu U., and Kavas A. “Electromagnetic Coverage Calculation in GIS. International Symposium on Mobile Mapping Technology”, Padova. Italy. (2007).
- Ajewole M. O., Akinbolati A., Adediji A. T. and Ojo J. S. “Precipitation Effect on the Coverage Areas of Terrestrial UHF Television Stations in Ondo State, Nigeria.” International Journal of Engineering and Technology 4(9); 524 – 535 (2014).
- Ashwin A S., Factor Analysis: “A Study of Consumer Behavior towards FM Radio in Surat City.”International Journal of Applied Research 1(12); 1011-1016, (2015).
- Holloway C. L., Sanders F. H. and McKenna P. M. “Predicted and Measured Field Strengths in the Boulder, Colorado, Area from Two Proposed Terrestrial Digital Television Tower Sites” NIST Technical Note 1519 and NTIA Report 01-387, 2001
- Ajewole M. O., Oyedum O. D., Adediji A. T., Eichie J. O. and Moses A. S. “Spatial Coverage of FM Radio Transmitters in Niger State, Nigeria.” The IUP Journal of Telecommunications, IV (4): 7 – 20, (2012).
- Ajewole M. O., Oyedum O. D., Adediji A. T., Moses A. S. and Eichie J. O. “Spatial Variability of VHF/UHF Electric Field Strength in Niger State, Nigeria.” International Journal of Digital Information and Wireless Communications 3 (3): 26 – 34, (2013).
- Adenodi R. A., Ajewole M. O., Ogolo, E. O and Adediji, A. T. “Application of Amplitude Modulated Medium Wave Transmitters in Deploying Advanced Traveller Information System” Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 7(7): 35-42, (2013).
- Oluwafemi I. B. and Femi-Jemilohun O. J. “Propagation Profile and Signal Strength Variation of VHF Signal in Ekiti State Nigeria.” I. J. Wireless and Microwave Technologies (IJWMT) DOI: 10.5815/ijwmt.2017.03.02, 3, 9-24 (2017).
- European Radiocommunications Committee Report 77 Field Strength Measurements along Route. Naples, Japan, (2000).
- Krebs P., Stocker M., Pezzatti G. B. and Conedera M. “An Alternative Approach to Transverse and Profile Terrain Curvature” International Journal of Geographic Information Science 1 – 24, (2015).
- Full User Manual Surfer 11Contouring and 3D Surface Mapping for Scientists and Engineers, pp 128, (2012).