Exploring an Effectiveness & Pitfalls of Correlational-based Data Aggregation Approaches in Sensor Network
Автор: Anand Gudnavar, Rajashekhara
Статья в выпуске: 2 Vol.7, 2017 года.
Data aggregation is one of the core processing in wireless sensor network which ensures that environmental data being captured reaches the user via base station. In order to ensure proper data aggregation, there are many underlying principles that need more attention as compared to more frequently visited routing and energy problems. We reviewed existing data aggregation schemes with special focus on data correlation scheme and found that there is still a large scope of investigation in this area. We find that there are only less number of research publications towards existing techniques of data aggregation using correlational-based approach. It was also explored that such techniques still does not focus much on data quality, computational complexity, inappropriate benchmarking, etc. This paper elaborates about all the unsolved issues which require dedicate focus of investigation towards enhancing the data reliability and data quality in aggregation process in wireless sensor network.
Data Aggregation, ata Correlation, Data Quality, Clustering, Wireless Sensor Network
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15012979
Список литературы Exploring an Effectiveness & Pitfalls of Correlational-based Data Aggregation Approaches in Sensor Network
- S.P. Singh and S.C. Sharma, "A survey on cluster based routing protocols in wireless sensor networks" Elsevier Procedia Computer Science, Vol.45, pp.687-695, 2015
- A. Boonsongsrikul, S. Kocijancic and S. Suppharangsan, "Effective energy consumption on wireless sensor networks: Survey and challenges," Information & Communication Technology Electronics & Microelectronics (MIPRO), 36th International Convention, Opatija, pp. 469-473.2013
- A. Boonsongsrikul, S. Kocijancic and S. Suppharangsan, "Effective energy consumption on wireless sensor networks: Survey and challenges," Information & Communication Technology Electronics & Microelectronics (MIPRO), 2013 36th International Convention, pp. 469-473, 2013.
- M.A. Adnan, M.A. Razzaque, I. Ahmed, and I.F. Isnin, I.F, " Bio-Mimic optimization strategies in wireless sensor networks: a survey". Sensors, Vol. 14(1), pp.299-345,2013.
- R.K. Ghotekar, and D.C. Mehetre, "Load Balancing for Achieving the Network Lifetime in WSN-A Survey", International Journal of Innovative Research in Advanced Engineering (IJIRAE), Vol. 1, Issue. 4, 2014
- E. Dashkova and A. Gurtov, "Survey on Congestion Control Mechanisms for Wireless Sensor Networks", Springer, Volume 7469, pp. 75-85, 2012
- S. Rani, S.H. Ahmed, "Multi-hop Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks: An Overview, Taxonomy, and Research Challenges", Springer, Technology & Engineering, pp. 69, 2015
- I.M. M. E. Emary, S. Ramakrishnan, "Wireless Sensor Networks: From Theory to Applications", CRC Press, Computers, pp. 799, 2013
- H. Dhasian, and P. Balasubramanian, "Survey of data aggregation techniques using soft computing in wireless sensor networks", Information Security, IET, Vol.7 (4), pp.336-342,2013
- S. Sirsikar, and S. Anavatti, "Issues of Data Aggregation Methods in Wireless Sensor Network: A Survey", Elsevier Procedia Computer Science, Vol. 49, pp.194-201, 2015.
- H. Gupta, H., V., Das, S.R., V. Chowdhary, "Efficient gathering of correlated data in sensor networks", In: MobiHoc, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, USA, 2005
- M.A. Sharaf, J. Beaver, A. Labrinidis, P.K. Chrysanthis, "TiNA: a scheme for temporal coherency-aware in-network aggregation", In: MobiDE'03, San Diego, California, USA, 2003
- A. Deshpande, C. Guestrin, J.M. Hellerstein, S.R. Madden, W. Hong, "Model-driven data acquisition in sensor networks", In: 30th VLDB Conference, Toronto, Canada, 2004
- L.A. Villas, A. Boukerche, D.L. Guidoni, H.A.B.F, de Oliveir, R.B. de Araujo, A.A.F. Loureiro, "An energy-aware spatio-temporal correlation mechanism to perform efficient data collection in wireless sensor networks", Comput. Commun, Vol.36, pp. 1056–1066, 2013
- C. Liu, W. Kui, J. Pei, "An energy-efficient data collection framework for wireless sensor networks by exploiting spatiotemporal correlation", IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib Syst, Vol. 18(7), 2007
- H. Jin, "Handbook of Research on Developments and Trends in Wireless Sensor Networks: From Principle to Practice: From Principle to Practice", IGI Global, pp. 556, 2010
- S. Ukea, R. Thoolb, "UML Based Modeling for Data Aggregation in Secured Wireless Sensor Network", Elsevier,International Conference on Information Security & Privacy (ICISP2015), Vol. 78,pp. 706-713, 2015,
- C. Chen, K. Lee, J-S. Park, and S. J. Baek, "Research Article Minimum Cost Data Aggregation for Wireless Sensor Networks Computing Functions of Sensed Data", Hindawi, Journal of Sensors,Article ID 506909, pp. 17, 2015
- H.Y. Shwe, and P. H. J. Chong, "Building Efficient Multi-level Wireless Sensor Networks with Clustering", Springer International Publishing In Wireless Internet, pp. 8-13, 2014.
- M. Koç, & I. Korpeoglu, "Coordinated movement of multiple mobile sinks in a wireless sensor network for improved lifetime", EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, (1), 1-16, 2015
- H. Sajedi, and Z. Saadati, "A Hybrid Structure for Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Network", Journal of Computational Engineering, 2014.
- S. Nithyakalyani, and S. S. Kumar, "Data aggregation in wireless sensor network using node clustering algorithms—a comparative study", In Information & Communication Technologies (ICT), 2013 IEEE Conference, pp. 508-513, 2013.
- J. Chen, Y. Wang, Y. Wang, and C. Hu, "Stair Scheduling for Data Collection in Wireless Sensor Networks", International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, 2013.
- D. Iabbassen, and S. Moussaoui, "Mobile line based data dissemination protocol for wireless sensor networks", Journal of Emerging Technologies in Web Intelligence, Vol. 5(1), pp.4-11, 2013
- S. Madhavi, "Dynamic Distributed Power Adaption for Data Aggregation in Ubiquitous Sensor Networks", Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol. 3(2), pp.47-60, 2013
- F. Ren, J. Zhang, Y. Wu, T. He, C. Chen, and C. Lin, "Attribute-aware data aggregation using potential-based dynamic routing in wireless sensor networks", Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp.881-892, 2013
- G. Yang, M. Xiao, and S. Zhang, "Data aggregation scheme based on compressed sensing in wireless sensor network", Springer Berlin Heidelberg, In Information Computing and Applications, pp. 556-561, 2012.
- Y.H. Lin, S.Y. Chang, and H.M. Sun, "CDAMA: concealed data aggregation scheme for multiple applications in wireless sensor networks", .Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Transactions, Vol.25 (7), pp.1471-1483, 2013.
- D.C. Hoang, R. Kumar, and S.K. Panda, "Optimal data aggregation tree in wireless sensor networks based on intelligent water drops algorithm", Wireless Sensor Systems, IET, Vol. 2(3), pp.282-292, 2012.
- T. Holczer, and L. Buttyán, "Anonymous aggregator election and data aggregation in wireless sensor networks",. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, 2011.
- Q. Gao, Y. Zuo, J. Zhang, and X-H. Peng, "Improving energy efficiency in a wireless sensor network by combining cooperative MIMO with data aggregation", Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions, Vol.59, No. 8, pp. 3956-3965, 2010
- H. Jiang, S. Jin, and C. Wang, "Parameter-based data aggregation for statistical information extraction in wireless sensor networks", Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions, Vol. 59(8), pp.3992-4001, 2010
- S. Ozdemir, and H. Çam, "Integration of false data detection with data aggregation and confidential transmission in wireless sensor networks", .IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (TON), Vol.18 (3), pp.736-749, 2010
- S-J. Sun, C-j. Zhao, P. Guo, and X-q. Li, "The Research of Reducing Energy Consumption Method on WSN Based on the Data Correlation", In Proceedings of the 6th International Asia Conference on Industrial Engineering and Management Innovation, pp. 3-10, 2016.
- K. Vijayan, and A. Raaza, "A novel cluster arrangement energy efficient routing protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks", Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 9, No. 2, 2016
- Z. Zhao, J. Bu, W. Dong, T. Gu, and X. Xu, "CoCo+: Exploiting correlated core for energy efficient dissemination in wireless sensor networks", Ad Hoc Networks, Vol.37, pp.404-417, 2016.
- H. Zhu, and F.Q. Yu, "A cross-correlation technique for vehicle detections in wireless magnetic sensor network", 2016
- Z-q.Zou, Z-t. Li, S.Shen, and R-c.Wang, "Research Article Energy-Efficient Data Recovery via Greedy Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks", Hindawi Publishing Corporation, pp. 9, 2016
- K. Joshi, S. Siddiqui, and S. Fatima, "Data-Based Correlation Scheme", In Proceedings of the International Conference on Recent Cognizance in Wireless Communication & Image Processing, pp. 297-304, 2016.
- S. Kamal, R.A. Ramadan, and E.R. Fawzy, E.R., "Smart outlier detection of wireless sensor network", Facta Universitatis, Series: Electronics and Energetics, Vol.29 (3), pp.383-393, 2015
- J. Cui, and F. Valois, "Simba: Similar-evolution based aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks", In Wireless Days, 2016.
- A. Bertrand, and M. Moonen, "Distributed canonical correlation analysis in wireless sensor networks with application to distributed blind source separation", Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions, Vol.63, No. 18, pp. 4800-4813, 2015.
- F. Bijarbooneh, W. Du, E. Ngai, X. Fu, and J. Liu, "Cloud-assisted data fusion and sensor selection for internet-of-things", 2014
- M.I. Chidean, E. Morgado, E. d. Arco, J. R-Bargueno, and A. J. Caamano, "Scalable Data-Coupled Clustering for Large Scale WSN", Wireless Communications, IEEE Transactions, Vol. 14, No. 9, pp. 4681-4694, 2015.
- S.N. Das, and S. Misra, "Correlation-aware cross-layer design for network management of wireless sensor networks", Wireless Sensor Systems, IET, Vol.5 (6), pp.263-270, 2015.
- S. Guo, Y. Yang, and C. Wang, C., "DaGCM: A concurrent data uploading framework for mobile data gathering in wireless sensor networks", 2015
- C. Liu, J. Luo, and Y. Song, "Correlation-Model-Based Data Aggregation in wireless sensor networks", In Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (FSKD), 2015 12th International Conference, pp. 822-827, 2015
- R.K. Shakya, "Spatial Correlation based Efficient communication Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks", IIT, Kanpur, 2014
- S.B. Pourpeighambar, and M. Sabaei, M, "Spatial correlation aware protocols for efficient data aggregation of moving object in wireless sensor networks", Scientia Iranica, Vol. 20(3), pp.695-709, 2013
- G. Li, and Y. Wang, "Automatic ARIMA modeling-based data aggregation scheme in wireless sensor networks", EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, (1), pp.1-13, 2013.
- N. Sun, and J. Wu, "Optimum sampling in spatial-temporally correlated wireless sensor networks", EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, No. 1, pp. 1-18, 2013.
- J. Lu, B. Zhang, and L. Xu, "A data correlation-based wireless sensor network clustering algorithm", In Computer Application and System Modeling (ICCASM), International Conference, Vol. 8, pp. V8-61, 2010.