Environmental culture of the city and recreational tourism: rehabilitation, educational and environmental practices
Автор: Arpentieva Mariam R., Stepanova Olga P., Tokar Oksana V., Shpakovskaya Elena Yu., Duvalina Olga N., Kuznetsova Natalya V.
Рубрика: Маркетинг услуг и территорий
Статья в выпуске: 3 (90), 2020 года.
The ecological culture of the city and town is a systemic indicator of the relationship between man and nature on the territory of an urban settlement. It reflects the level (intensity) and direction of environmental activities of city residents and specialists working in various areas of urban economy and business, for the preservation and development of urban flora and fauna. An important part of the ecological culture of the city is associated with urban studies, caring for trees and plantations in the city and around it. Such care is carried out both directly, in the course of activities related to the protection and development of forest plantations, and in the context of related practices, including recreational and tourist. One of the most popular and relevant measures of modern life is the saturation of space and time of a person's life, a citizen with contacts with flora and fauna, including with the help of urban forest plantations. As for the residents of the city and the suburbs, then in their life it is, most often, mainly about micro-tourism or weekend tourism. For tourists - city visitors - getting to know the city's planted forests can be an important part of their journey. The aim of the study is to analyze the problems of the ecological culture of the city in the context of the tasks of recreational tourism and related health, educational and environmental practices. The purpose of the study is carried out on the example of understanding the problems, opportunities and areas of activity in relation to the leading aspect of urban ecological culture - urban forest plantations. The research method is a theoretical analysis of the problems of the formation and development of the ecological culture of the city, the concerns of citizens and specialists about the flora and fauna of the city, its forest plantations, in the context of the tasks of recreational tourism and related health, educational and environmental practices. As the study showed, on the basis of urban forest plantations, educational, recreational and environmental activities of different groups of citizens and tourists from other regions can be and are being implemented. Urban forestry is a complex discipline about the development and functioning of forest areas located in close proximity or included in urban settlements, and is also an important part of modern recreational geography. Hikes in the forest, which are and are not part of purposeful and systemic recreational, including tourist activities, are the most important means of maintaining the psychological, physical and other components of the health of citizens in the process of implementing recreational and health-improving and educational and environmental practices. This creates an opportunity for a person and society to survive and develop even in conditions of intense, uncontrolled technological changes.
Urban forestry, recreational geography, recreation, rehabilitation, ecology, tourism
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/140249843
IDR: 140249843 | DOI: 10.24411/1995-042X-2020-10308
Список литературы Environmental culture of the city and recreational tourism: rehabilitation, educational and environmental practices
- Abaturov, A. V. (2006). Tolerantnost' osnovnykh lesoobrazuyushchikh porod v usloviyakh rekreatsionnogo lesopol'zovaniya [Tolerance of the main forest-forming species in the conditions of recreational forest use]. Dinamika i ustoychivost' rekreatsionnykh lesov [Dynamics and sustainability of recreational forests]. Moscow: Partnership of scientific publications KMK, 25-35. (In Russ.).
- Arpentieva, M. R., Arshinova, V. V., Kuznetsova, N. V., & Novakov, A. V. (2019). Rekreatsionnyy turizm, reabilitatsiono-ozdorovitel'nyye praktiki i urbolesovedeniye v tsifrovuyu epokhu [Recreational tourism, rehabilitation and health practices and urban studies in the digital age]. Innovatsionnaya ekonomika: global'nyye i regional'nyye trendy: Mat. of the XI Intern. Sc. and Pract. Conf. N. Novgorod, May 31-June 01, 2019. N. Novgorod: National Research Lobachevskiy Nizhny Novgorod State Un-ty, 12-17. (In Russ.).
- Bagrova, L. A., Bagrov, N. V., & Preobrazhenskiy, V. S. (1977). Rekreatsionnyye resursy (podkhody k analizu ponyatiy) [Recreational resources, approaches to the analysis of concepts]. Izvestiya AN SSSR. Ser. Geograficheskaya [News of the AS SSSR. Ser. Geographic], 2, 7-12. (In Russ.).
- Belkin, A. N., & Dormidontova V. V. (2018). Zachem Parizhu Promenade plantee [Why Paris Promenade plantee]. Lesnoj vestnik [Forestry Bulletin], 22(1), 58-63 (In Russ.).
- Ivlieva, O. V. (2020). Teoriya i praktika ekologicheskogo turizma [Theory and practice of ecological tourism]. Rostov-on-Don, Taganrog: Publ. house of the Southern Federal Univ. (In Russ.).
- Kiprina, E. N. (2014). Turistskoye resursovedeniye [Tourism resource studies]. Tyumen: Tyumen State University Publl. (In Russ.).
- Kolbovskiy, E. Yu. (2006). Ekologicheskiy turizm i ekologiya turizma [Ecological tourism and ecology of tourism]. Moscow: Academy Publ. (In Russ.).
- Kolotova, E.V. (2004). Rekreatsionnoye resursovedeniye [Recreational resource science]. Moscow: RMAT Publ. (In Russ.).
- Kuznetsova, T. F. (2003). Sotsiokul'turnyye vzaimodeystviya i mezhkul'turnyye kommunikatsii [Sociocultural interactions and intercultural communications]. Filosofskiye nauki [Philosophical Sciences], 5, 129-135. (In Russ.).
- Kosolapov, A. B. (2017). Teoriya i praktika ekologicheskogo turizma [Theory and practice of ecological tourism]. Moscow: KNORUS Publ. (In Russ.).
- Maksanova, L. B.-J. (ed.) (2018). Luchshiye praktiki ekologicheskogo turizma v Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Best practices of ecological tourism in the Russian Federation]. Moscow: Plekhanov Russian University of Ecomnomics Publ. (In Russ.).
- Mironenko, N. S., & Tverdokhlebov, I. T. (1981). Rekreatsionnaya geografiya [Recreational geography]. Moscow: Moscow State University. (In Russ.).
- Nikolaenko, D. V. (2001). Rekreatsionnaya geografiya [Recreational geography]. Moscow: VLADOS. (In Russ.).
- Reimers, N. F. (1990). Prirodopol'zovaniye [Nature management]. Moscow: Mysl. (In Russ.).
- Rysin, L. P., & Rysin, S. L. (2018). Urbolesovedeniye [Urban forestry studies]. Moscow: KMK Publ., 1-240. (In Russ.).
- Rysin, L. P., & Rysin, S. L. (2007). Perspektivy razvitiya urbolesovedeniya v Rossii [Prospects for the development of urban forestry in Russia]. Lesnoj vestnik [Forestry Bulletin], 4, 45-49. (In Russ.).
- Rysin, S. L. (2006). Dinamika i rekreatsionnyy potentsial iskusstvennykh nasazhdeniy na urbanizirovannykh territoriyakh [Dynamics and recreational potential of artificial plantations in urbanized areas]. Dinamika i ustoychivost' rekreatsionnykh lesov [Dynamics and sustainability of recreational forests]. Moscow: KMK Publ., 142-164. (In Russ.).
- Snytko, V. A., & Sobisevich, A. V. (2018). Vklad I. P. Gerasimova, Yu. A. Izrael'iya i V. Ye. Sokolova v sozdaniye biosfernykh zapovednikov [Contribution of I. P. Gerasimov, Yu. A. Israel' and V. E. Sokolov in the creation of biosphere reserves]. Dobrodeyevskiye chteniya 2018 [Dobrodeevskie readings 2018]: International scientific-practical conference October 18-19, 2018. Moscow, 104-107. (In Russ.).
- Soloviev, E. V. (2012). Urbanizatsiya i etnogenez [Urbanization and ethnogenesis]. Mariyskiy yuridicheskiy vestnik [Mari legal bulletin], 9, 74-81 p. (In Russ.).
- Tikhonov, A. (2017). Lesovedeniye [Forestry]. Moscow: Infra-M. (In Russ.).
- Churakov, B. P., & Churakov, D. B. (2018). Lesovedeniye [Forestry]. Ulyanovsk: Ulyanovsk State University. (In Russ.).
- Appadurai, A. (1990). Disjuncture and Difference in the Global Cultural Economy. In: Featherstone. Global Culture. London, 1990.
- Bennett, M. J. (1986). A developmental Approach to Training for Intercultural Sensitivity. Intercultural Journal of Intercultural Relations, 10(2), 179-196.
- Bell, S., Simpson, M., Tyrväinen, L., Sievänen, T., & Pröbstl. U. (eds.). (2009). European Forest Recreation and Tourism: A Handbook. New York: Taylor & Francis.
- Giddens, A. (1990). The Consequences of Modernity. Stanford: Stanford University Publ.
- Glickman, D. (1999). Building Cities of Green. 1999 National Urban Forest of Conference American Forests. Washington: American Forests, 4-7.
- Guo, Sh., Jiang, Ya., & Long, W. (2019). Urban tourism competitiveness evaluation system and its application: Comparison and analysis of regression and classification methods, Procedia Computer Science, 162, 429-437.
- DOI: 10.1016/j.procs.2019.12.007
- Grey, G. W., & Deneke, F. J. (1986). Urban forestry. New York: J. Wiley & Sons.
- Herwitz, E. (2001). Trees at Risk: Reclaiming an Urban Forest. Worchester: Chandler House Press.
- Hui, M. (2018). Study: When a city's trashy lots are cleaned up, residents' mental health improves. Washington Post, August 17, 1. URL: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2018/08/17/study-when-a-citys-trashy-lots-are-cleaned-up-residents-mental-health-improves/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.402f3cecaf86 (Accessed on December 10, 2020).
- Jacobs, W. R. (1968). Wider Frontiers-Question of War and Conflict in American History: The Strange Solution by F. J. Turner. California: California Historical Society Quarterly, 219 236.
- Janse, G., & Konijnendijk, C. C. (2007). Communication between science, policy and citizens in public participation in urban forestry. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 6(1), 23-40.
- Jonnes, J. (2017). Urban Forests: A Natural History of Trees and People in the American Cityscape. New York, London: Penguin Books.
- Konijnendijk, C. C. (2003). A decade of urban forestry in Europe. Forest Policy and Economics, 5(3), 173-186.
- Konijnendijk, C. C. (2009). Urban forestry innovations in science-practice collaboration. Vestnik Povolzhskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnologicheskogo universiteta. Seriya: Les. Ekologiya. Prirodopol'zovaniye [Bulletin of the Volga State Technological University. Series: Forest. Ecology. Nature management], 2, 34-39.
- Köse, M. (2020). Factors affecting the planning and management of urban forests: A case study of Istanbul, Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 54, 126739.
- DOI: 10.1016/j.ufug.2020.126739
- Lee, H. J., Son, Y.-H., Kim, S., & Lee, D. K. (2019). Healing experiences of middle-aged women through an urban forest therapy program, Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 38, 383-391.
- DOI: 10.1016/j.ufug.2019.01.017
- Pröbstl, U., Wirth, V., & Elands, B. H. M. (eds.) (2010). Management of Recreation and Nature Based Tourism in European Forests. New York: Springer, 2010. 343 p.
- Meza, H. M. B. (1992). Current Situation of the Urban Forest in Mexico City. Journal Arbortists, 18, 33-36.
- Miller, R. W., Hauer, R. J., & Werner, L. P. (2015). Urban Forestry: Planning and Managing Urban Greenspaces. New York: Waveland Inc., 1-560.
- Nillsson, K., Randrup, T. B., & Wandell, B. I. M. (2000). Trees in the Environment. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Nowak, D. J., & Greenfield, E. J. (2019). US Urban Forest Statistics, Values, and Projections. Journal of Forestry, 116 (2), 164-169.
- DOI: 10.1093/jofore/fvx004
- Nowak, D. J. (2018). Urbanization and Urban Forest Impacts on the American People and Forest Industry. S. J. Hall Lecture in Industrial Forestry, October 12, 1. URL: https://nature.berkeley.edu/sjhall/2018/nowak (Accessed on December 10, 2020).
- Ohe, Y., Ikei, H., Song, Ch., & Miyazaki, Yo. (2017). Evaluating the relaxation effects of emerging forest-therapy tourism: A multidisciplinary approach. Tourism Management, 62, 322-334.
- DOI: 10.1016/j.tourman.2017.04.010
- Ostoić, S. K., Salbitano, J., Borelli, S., & Verlič, A. (2018). Urban forest research in the Mediterranean: A systematic review, Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 31, 185-196.
- DOI: 10.1016/j.ufug.2018.03.005
- Pierri Daunt, A. B., Freire Silva, Th. S., Bürgi, M., & Hersperger, A. M. (2021). Urban expansion and forest reserves: Drivers of change and persistence on the coast of São Paulo State (Brazil). Land Use Policy, 101, 105-189.
- DOI: 10.1016/j.landusepol.2020.105189
- Ferrini F., Konijnendijk Cvan den Bosch C.C., Fini A. (Eds.) (2019). Routledge Handbook of Urban Forestry. New York: Routledge, 1- 548.
- Terkenli, T. S., Bell, S., Tošković, O., Dubljević-Tomićević, J., Panagopoulos, T., Straupe, I., Kristianova, K., Straigyte, L., O'Brien, L., & Živojinović, I. (2020). Tourist perceptions and uses of urban green infrastructure: An exploratory cross-cultural investigation, Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 49, 126624.
- DOI: 10.1016/j.ufug.2020.126624
- Helms, J. A. (ed.). (1998). The Dictionary of Forestry. New York: The Society of American Foresters, CAB International.
- Egerer, M., & Cohen, H. (2020). Urban Agroecology (Advances in Agroecology). New York: CRC Press.
- Sandberg, L. A., Bardekjian, A., & Butt, S. (2016). Urban Forests, Trees, and Greenspace: A Political Ecology. New York: Routledge.
- Roloff, A. (Ed.) (2015). Urban Tree Management: For the Sustainable Development of Green Cities. New York: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Vogt, J. (2020). Urban Forests as Social-Ecological Systems. In: Goldstein, M. I., DellaSala, D. A. (eds.). Encyclopedia of the World's Biomes. London: Elsevier, 58-70.
- DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-409548-9.12405-4
- Wirtz, Z., Hagerman, Sh., Hauer, R. J., & Konijnendijk, C. C. (2020). What makes urban forest governance successful? A study among Canadian experts. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 126901.
- DOI: 10.1016/j.ufug.2020.126901
- Yuan, J., Deng, J., Pierskalla, Ch., & King, B. (2018). Urban tourism attributes and overall satisfaction: An asymmetric impact-performance analysis, Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 30, 169181.
- DOI: 10.1016/j.ufug.2018.02.006