Effects of Superstrate on Electromagnetically and Gap Coupled Patch Antennas
Автор: Ravindra Kumar Yadav, Jugul Kishor, R. L. Yadava
Статья в выпуске: 3 Vol.4, 2014 года.
In this paper the effects of water loading (termed as superstrate) on the characteristics of an electromagnetically (EM) and coupled pentagonal patch antennas operating in the ISM band have been described. The proposed antenna structures are analyzed using HFSS and the influence of the superstrate on resonant frequency, bandwidth, VSWR and radiation characteristics have also been analyzed. The obtained results also reveal that a larger bandwidth can be found in case the dielectric substrate is separated by air gap spacing. In addition, though impedance matching is little deteriorated due to loading, however the operating frequency band (BW) shifted to lower side significantly.
Electromagnetically coupled (EMC), electromagnetically gap coupled (EMGC), microstrip patch antenna, stacked antenna, pentagonal patch antenna
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15012869
Список литературы Effects of Superstrate on Electromagnetically and Gap Coupled Patch Antennas
- Inder J. Bahl, Prakash Bhartia, Stanislaw S. Stuchly, "Design of microstrip antennas covered with a dielectric layer," IEEE Transactions on antennas and propagation, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 314 –318, March 1982.
- Rajeev R. Wakodkar, Bhaskar Gupta and Samik Chakraborty, "Variation of resonant frequency of a rectangular microstrip patch antenna due to accumulation of water over its surface," International conference on applications of electromagnetism and student innovation competition awards (AEM2C 2010), pp. 239 – 243,August 2010.
- Bhattacharyya and T. Tralman, "Effects of dielectric superstrate on patch antennas," Electronics Letters, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 356 – 358, March 1988.
- J. Pribetich R. Ledee P. Kennis P. Pribetich M. Chive, "Modelling of microstrip antenna with dielectric protective layer for lossy medium," Electronics Letters, vol. 24 no. 23, pp. 1464 – 1465, Nov. 1988.
- O. M. Ramahi and Y. T. Lo, "Superstrate effect on the resonant frequency of microstrip antennas," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 5, pp. 254 – 257, June 1992.
- A. K. Verma et. al., " Analysis of rectangular patch antenna with dielectric cover," IEICE Trans E74, 1991, pp.1270-76
- Q. Rao and T. A. Denidni, "Electromagnetically coupling fed broadband microstrip antennas," IEEE AP-S International symposium on antennas and propagation, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, June 10-15, 2007.
- S. B. Deosarkar and, A. B. Nandgaonkar, "Design of high gain two-layer electromagnetically coupled patch antenna in the ISM band," International conference on electromagnetic in advanced applications (ICEAA 07), Torino Italy, September 2007.
- Ikeda, "Enhanced bandwidth enhancement of a low-profile microstrip antenna electromagnetically coupled with a folded inverted L-shaped probe," Antenna technology: small antennas and novel metamaterials, International workshop, pp. 151 – 154, 2008.
- R.Q. Lee, K. F. Lee and J. Bobinchak, "Experimental study of the two-layer electromagnetically coupled rectangular patch antenna," Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions, Vol.38, No. 8, pp. 1298-1302, August 1990.
- R.Q. Lee, K. F. Lee and J. Bobinchak, "Characteristics of a two-layer electromagnetically coupled rectangular patch antenna," Electronics Letters, Vo1.23, No.20, pp. 1070-1072, 1987.
- R. Q. Lee, A. J. Zaman and K. F. Lee, "Effects of dielectric superstrates on a two-layer electromagnetically coupled patch antenna," IEEE @1989, 28/5, pp. 620-623, 1989.
- F. R. Cooray and J. S. Kot, "Analysing radiation from a cylindrical-rectangular microstrip patch antenna loaded with a superstrate and an air gap, using the electric surface current model," CSIRO ICT Centre, P. O. Box 76, Epping, NSW 1710, Australia, 2006.
- M. T. Torres et al., "Pentagonal microstrip antenna equivalent to a circular microstrip antenna for GPS operation frequency," Memorias del 7º Congreso Internacional de Cómputo en Optimization Software, CICOS 09. UAEM, Cuernavaca, Morelos, México. pp. 200-208, 2009.
- G. Kumar and K.P. Ray, "Broadband microstrip antennas," Artech House Publishers, London, 2003.
- Ji-jun Wang, Zhi-pan Zhu, "A Composite Heterostructure Mesh-shaped Patch Antenna Based on Left Handed Material," International Journal of Wireless and Microwave Technologies (IJWMT), Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 10-19 January 2014.
- Omrane NECIBI, Abdelhak FERCHICHI, Tan-phu VUONG, Ali GHARSALLAH,"A Discussion of a 60GHz Meander Slot Antenna for an RFID TAG with Lumped Element", IJWMT, vol.4, no.2, pp.1-11, 2014.DOI: 10.5815/ijwmt.2014.02.01.