Effect of growth regulators on productivity and quality of tomato crop under Volga delta conditions
Автор: Abdelkader Mostafa Mahmoud, Puchkov Mikhail Yu.
Журнал: Овощи России @vegetables
Статья в выпуске: 6 (50), 2019 года.
Relevance. Tomato considered a significant vegetable crop that plays a prominent role in the field of human health. At present, there are large numbers of tomato cultivars with a wide range of morphological and sensorial characteristics which determine their use. Farmers often use some chemical substances which have similar structure and activity with endogenous plant hormone called (exogenous) as a low-cost alternative to regulate plant growth and increase yield. Thus, the use of Plant Growth Regulators (PGRs) has become an important component of the agro-technical procedures for most cultivated species. Methods. This study aims to evaluate the effect of four growth regulators (Krezacin, Chitosan, Zircon and Energene) on growth, productivity and quality of two Russian tomato varieties (Moriana and Superjol) under delta Volga conditions. Each type applied three times on both cultivars (Soaking tomato seeds before sowing, spraying on plants at vegetative phase, spraying on plants at flowering phase with three replications...
Tomato cultivars, growth regulators, plant height, ascorbic acid
Короткий адрес: https://readera.ru/140245813
IDR: 140245813 | DOI: 10.18619/2072-9146-2019-6-36-40
Список литературы Effect of growth regulators on productivity and quality of tomato crop under Volga delta conditions
- Archer MC. Mechanisms of action of N-nitrosocompounds. Cancer Surveys Journal. 1989;8:241-250.
- Celik H, Katkat A, Ayk B, Turan M. Effects of Soil Application of Humus on Dry Weight and Mineral Nutrients Uptake of Maize under Calcareous Soil Conditions. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Sci. 2008;54(6): 605-614.
- Chin J. Determination of Plant Growth Regulators in Vegetable by High Performance Liquid Chromatography. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry. 2015;43(3):419-423.
- Cramer M, Oberholzer J, Combrink N. The effect of supplementation of root zone dissolved inorganic carbon on fruit yield and quality of tomatoes (cv ‘Daniela') grown with salinity. Science of Horticulture. 2001;89:269 289.
- Dumas Y, Dadomo M, Di Lucca G, Grolier P. Effects of environmental factors and agricultural techniques on antioxidant content of tomatoes. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. 2003;83:369-382.
- Enujeke EC, Emuh FN. Evaluation of some growth and yield indices of five varieties of tomato (lycopersicon esculentum mill) in Asaba area of delta state. Global Journal of Bio-science and biotechnology. 2015;4(1):21-26.
- European Food Safety Authority EFSA. Nitrate in vegetables Scientific Opinion of the Panel on Contaminants in the Food chain1. The EFSA Journal. 2008;689:1-79.
- George B, Kaur C, Khurdiya DS, Kapoor HC. Antioxidants in tomato (Lycopersium esculentum Mill.) as a function of genotype. Food Chem. 2004;84:45-51.
- Ilahy R, Hdider C, Lenucci MS, Tlili I, Dalessandro G. Phytochemical composition and antioxidant activity of high-lycopene tomato (Solanum lycoper-sicum L.) cultivars grown in Southern Italy. Science Horticulture. 2011;127:255-261.
- Rahman M, Nahar MA, Sahariar MS, Karim MR. Plant growth regulators promote growth and yield of summer tomato. Progressive Agriculture. 2015;26:32-37.
- Sajjan AS, Shekhargounda M. Influence of data of sowing, spacing and levels of nitrogen on yield attributes and seed yield of Okra. Journal of Agricultural Science. 2002;15(2):267-274.
- Seyoum T. W., Osthoff G., Steyn M. S., Engelbrecht G. M. The effect of preharvest treatment, disinfection and storage environment on quality of carrots. Journal of Food Pereser Process. 2010;35(3):331-341
- Thomas G, Claire K, Claude P, Hubert G, David MR, Trevor AT. Plant hormones and plant growth regulators in plant tissue culture in vitro cell. Dev. Biol. Plant. 1996;32:272-289.
- Valdrighi MM, Pera A, Agnolucci M, Frassinetti S. Effects of compost-derived humic acids on vegetable biomass production and microbial growth within a plant (Cichorium intybus) soil system: a comparative study. Agricultural Ecology and Environment. 1996;58:133-144.
- Yildirim E. Foliar and soil fertilization of Humic Acid affect productivity and quality of tomato. Acta Agriculture Scand. Section B - Soil Plant Sci. 2007;57:182-186.