Design of Microstrip Trapezoidal Patch Antenna Using Coaxial Feeding Technique for Space Applications
Автор: Deepanshu Kaushal, Shanmuganantham Thangavelu
Статья в выпуске: 6 Vol.7, 2017 года.
A microstrip trapezoidal patch antenna structure has been proposed to serve different space applications including the fixed satellite applications, mobile and radiolocation services. This structure utilizes a 0.787 mm thick RT Duroid (5880) substrate of relative permittivity 2.2 and a dielectric loss tangent of 0.0009. A trapezium shaped patch has been formed on it. The patch is compact and has a novel geometry. The feeding technique employed is coaxial/probe feed. The parametric analysis done over HFSS-15 software to study the effects of the structural design over the behavior of antenna reveals the potentiality of the designed antenna to maintain a nearly constant gain upon the variation of several parameters individually. The use of parallel slots in the design offer a reduction in the size of the patch . The performance of the antenna has been analyzed in terms of reflection coefficient, bandwidth and radiation pattern. The antenna yielded a simulated single band reflection coefficient of -22.5 dB and a peak gain of 4.7 dBi at 3.64 GHz and an impedance bandwidth of 10 MHz at -10 dB reflection coefficient. The fabricated design was tested over VNA for its reflection coefficient. The measured results have been included.
High Frequency Structural Simulator (HFSS), Radio Frequency (RF)
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15013001
Список литературы Design of Microstrip Trapezoidal Patch Antenna Using Coaxial Feeding Technique for Space Applications
- Custódio Peixeiro,"Microstrip Antenna Papers in the IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation EurAAP Corner]",Antennas and Propagation Magazine, 2012, Page(s):264- 268
- Deepanshu Kaushal, T. Shanmuganantham, “Design of Compact Microstrip Apple Patch Antenna for Space Applications”, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Symposium, December 15-17, 2016.
- T. K. Roshna1, U. Deepak, V. R. Sajitha, and P. Mohanan, “An ACS- fed Compact Antenna for UWB Applications”, International Journal of Advances in Microwave Technology (IJAMT) Vol.1, No.1, May 2016.
- Ashis Kumar Behera, Mayank Agarwal, Pradutt Kumar Bharti and Manoj Kumar Meshram,”A Hepta-Band Frequency Reconfigurable Antenna for Mobile Handsets with Impedance Matching Technique”, International Journal of Advances in Microwave Technology (IJAMT), Vol.1, No.1, May 2016.
- Prateek Juyal, Lotfollah Shafai, “Gain Enhancement in Circular Microstrip Antenna via linear superposition of higher Zeros”, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters; Volume: PP, Issue:99.
- R. K. Gupta and G. Kumar,” High-Gain Multilayered Antenna for Wireless Applications”, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 50, No. 7, July 2008.
- Deepanshu Kaushal, T. Shanmuganantham,”Danger Microstrip Patch Antenna for Fixed Satellite Applications”, IEEE International Conference on Emerging Trends in Technology, 2016.
- M. T. Ali, T. A. Rahman, M. N. Md Tan, R. Sauleu, “A Planar Antenna Array with Separated Feed Line Using Air Gap Technique”, Proceeding Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium.
- Rachana Yadav, Sandeep Kumar Yadav and Indra Bhooshan Sharma,” Reconfigurable Single and Dual Band Microstrip Patch Antenna for Satellite communications”, 2015 International Conference on Green Computing and Internet of Things (ICGCIoT).
- Shikha Sharma and Devendra Sombanshi,” Annular-Ring Slotted Microstrip Patch Antenna for ISM Band Applications”, IEEE International Conference on Computer, Communication and Control (IC4-2015).
- M. Karthick,”Design of 2.4GHz Patch Antennae for WLAN Applications”, 2015 IEEE Seventh National Conference on Computing, Communication and Information Systems (NCCCIS).
- Prateek Chopra and Megha Bhandari, “Design of an X-Band Conformal Antenna Using Microstrip Patches”, 2015 2nd International Conference on Signal Processing and Integrated Networks (SPIN).
- Habiba Irshad, Dr. R. Gowri, ”Design of a Passive Integrated Antenna at 5.2 GHz.”, 2015 2nd International Conference on Signal Processing and Integrated Networks (SPIN).
- Deepanshu Kaushal, T. Shanmuganantham, “Comparative Analysis of Microstrip Moody Patch Antenna for Space Applications”, IEEE International Conference on Electromagnetic Interference and Compatibility, 2016.
- Deepanshu Kaushal, T. Shanmuganantham, “Design of Multi Utility High Frequency Dual Band Slotted Android Logo Patch Antenna using Coaxial Feed” Antenna Test & Measurements Society, 2017.
- Deepanshu Kaushal & T. Shanmuganantham, “Design and Optimization of microstrip patch antenna for space applications”, IEEE International Conference on Emerging Trends in Technology-2016.
- Sheikh Dobir Hossain, K.M. Abdus Sobahan, Md. Khalid Hossain, Md. Masud Ahamed Akash, Rebeka Sultana, Md. Masum Billah, “A Rectangular Microstrip Patch Antenna for Wireless Communications Operates in Dual Band”, International Journal of Wireless and Microwave Technologies (IJWMT), Vol. 6, Iss. 5, 2016.
- Nitika Mittal, Rajesh Mittal, Jaswinder Kaur, “Performance Improvement of U-Slot Microstrip Patch Antenna for RF Portable Devices using Electromagnetic Band Gap and Defected Ground Structure”, International Journal of Wireless and Microwave Technologies (IJWMT), Vol. 6, Iss. 3, 2016.
- Amandeep Kaur Sidhu and Jagtar Singh Sivia, “Microstrip Rectangular Patch Antenna for S and X Band Applications”, IEEE Wireless Communications”, Signal Processing and Networking (WiSPNET), 2016.
- Deepanshu Kaushal, T. Shanmuganantham, “Butterfly Shaped Microstrip Patch Antenna with Probe Feed for Space Applications”, International Journal of Computer Sciences and Information Security, Vol. 14, 2016.
- Deepanshu Kaushal, T. Shanmuganantham, “Design of a Compact and Novel Microstrip Patch Antenna for Multiband Satellite Applications” International Conference on Smart Engineering Materials, 20-22 October, 2016.