Current issues in the development of municipal entities and in reforming the institution of local self-government
Автор: Bukhvald Evgenii M., Voroshilov Nikolai V.
Рубрика: Development of municipal formations
Статья в выпуске: 1 (55) т.11, 2018 года.
The goal of the present article is to evaluate the trends and identify key problems in the socio-economic development of municipal entities and in the development of local self-government, and to identify ways to solve the most acute of them. We consider trends in the development of municipal entities in their relation with the processes of reforming local self-government; the analysis uses not only statistics, but also the results of a local self-government monitoring held in the Vologda Oblast since 2007 in the form of a questionnaire survey of heads of municipalities. This distinguishes our present work from similar works of other scholars and forms its scientific novelty. To achieve our goal we used such scientific methods as economic, statistical and comparative analysis, generalization, expert survey, and a monographic method. We have found out that the main problems that impede efficient management of development of municipal entities are as follows: flaws in the legislation regulating the development of local self-government; lack of own revenue sources and insufficient financial support from the state; low efficiency of interaction with public authorities; lack of complete and reliable information on the socio-economic development of the municipality; non-involvement of the local population; limited powers of local self-government bodies in the sphere of economic development of the territory...
Municipal entities, local self-government, socio-economic development, differentiation, region, vologda oblast
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/147224014
IDR: 147224014 | DOI: 10.15838/esc.2018.1.55.9
Список литературы Current issues in the development of municipal entities and in reforming the institution of local self-government
- Bukhval'd E.M., Uskova T.V., Voroshilov N.V. Local self-government in Russia: reform in the mirror of questionnaire surveys. Samoupravlenie=Self-government, 2016, no. 5, pp. 13-18..
- Karavaeva I.V., Bukhval'd E.M., Valentei S.D., et al. Desyat' let munitsipal'noi reformy v Rossii: itogi i perspektivy . Moscow: IE RAN, 2014. 300 p.
- Klistorin V.I. Federative relations, regional policy, and the issue of deformed economic space of Russia. Region: ekonomika i sotsiologiya=Region: economy and sociology, 2013, no. 3, pp. 79-95..
- Leksin V. What happens to the local self-government in the Russian Federation. Federalizm=Federalism, 2016, no. 1, pp. 64-76..
- Markvart E. Local self-government in Russia before the main challenges of our time. Rossiiskii ekonomicheskii zhurnal=Russian economic journal, 2016, no. 6, pp. 3-17..
- Odintsova A.V. How to estimate the level of sustainability of municipalities' development? Federalizm=Federalism, 2017, no. 1, pp. 39-52..
- Uskova T.V., Voroshilov N.V. Regional'naya politika territorial'nogo razvitiya: monografiya . Vologda: ISERT RAN, 2015. 156 p.
- Shvetsov A. Reforms and counter-reforms of local government: marathon of century and a half length. Federalizm=Federalism, 2016, no. 1, pp. 77-90..
- Shugrina E.S. (Ed.). Doklad o sostoyanii mestnogo samoupravleniya v Rossiiskoi Federatsii: Sovremennye vyzovy i perspektivy razvitiya . Moscow: Prospekt, 2016. 312 p.
- Shvetsov A.N. "Growth points" or "black holes"? (Revisiting the issue about the effectiveness of "zonal" tools of government support of economic dynamics of territories). Rossiiskii ekonomicheskii zhurnal=Russian economic journal, 2016, no. 3, pp. 40-61..
- Shvetsov A. Why and how we should manage urban regions. Problemy teorii i praktiki upravleniya=Theoretical and Practical Aspects of Management, 2017, no. 7, pp. 65-75..
- Grundwissen Kommunalpolitik. Bonn: FES; 2011. 482 p. Available at: http://library.fes.de/pdf-files/akademie/kommunal/08975
- Kutscherauer A. et al. Regional disparities in regional development of the Czech Republic: their occurrence, identification and elimination. Ostrava: VŠB-Technical University of Ostrava, 2010. 120 p.
- Lockner A.O. Steps to local government reform: a guide to tailoring local government reforms to fit regional governance communities in democracies. Bloomington: iUniverse, 2013. 621 p.
- European Spatial Development Perspective. Towards balanced and sustainable development of the territory of the European Union. Available at: http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/sources/docoffic/official/reports/pdf/sum_en.pdf
- Territorial Agenda of the European Union 2020. Towards an Inclusive, Smart and Sustainable Europe of Diverse Regions. Available at http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/sources/policy/what/territorial-cohesion/territorial_agenda_2020.pdf
- Goryachenko E.E. Monitoring sotsial'no-ekonomicheskoi situatsii v munitsipal'nykh obrazovaniyakh Rossii (rezul'taty oprosa rukovoditelei munitsipal'nykh obrazovanii, aprel'-mai 2014 g.): analiticheskaya zapiska . Novosibirsk: Ispolnitel'naya direktsiya ASDG, 2014. 55 p. Available at: http://www.asdg.ru/about/struct/sobr/XXXI/Monitoring_2014.pdf
- Voroshilov N.V. Municipal-territorial system in Russia: adaptation to diversity. Voprosy territorial'nogo razvitiya=Territorial development issues, 2017, no. 2. Available at: http://vtr.vscc.ac.ru/article/2202
- Frick H.-J., Hokkeler M. Interkommunale Zusammenarbeit: Handreichung für die Kommunalpolitik. Bonn: Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung, KommunalAkademie, 2008. 84 p.
- Chekavinskii A.N., Voroshilov N.V. Territorial public self-government as a development institution at the municipal level. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial'nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz=Economic and social changes: facts, trends, forecast, 2015, no. 6, pp. 153-168..