CPW-fed Wideband Antenna with U-shaped Ground Plane
Автор: Shagun Maheshwari, Priyanka Jain, Archana Agarwal
Статья в выпуске: 5 Vol.4, 2014 года.
This paper proposes the design of CPW-fed wideband antenna with U-shaped ground plane. The proposed antenna is a simple printed antenna, which is fed by a 50Ω CPW line. The Antenna has a compact size of 13mm×25mm. To obtain wide bandwidth, a slot is cut in ground plane and radiating patch is modified. The proposed antenna yields the operating frequency range from 7.3GHz to 15.1GHz, which offers the bandwidth of 7.79GHz. Simulation has been performed by using CST Microwave Studio Software. This frequency range satisfies the system requirements for Narrowband PCS Services, Satellite, Cellular Phone, Domestic Public Land Mobile Communication and International Public Broadcasting applications.
Coplanar Waveguide (CPW), Wideband (WB), Bandwidth, Microstrip Patch Antenna, Feed line
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15012881
Список литературы CPW-fed Wideband Antenna with U-shaped Ground Plane
- C. A. Balanis, Antenna Theory and Design, 3rd Edition.
- J. R. James and P. S. Hall, Handbook of Microstrip Antennas, Vol. 1, Peter Peregrinus Ltd., London, 1989.
- R. Garg, P. Bhartia, I. J. Bahl and A. Ittipiboon, Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook, Artech House, 2001.
- F. Yang, X-X Zhang, X. Ye and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Wide- Band E-Shaped Patch Antennas for Wireless Communications", IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., vol. AP-49, pp. 1094– 1100, 2001.
- E. S. Angelopoulos, A. Z. Anastopsoulos, D. I. Kaklamani, A. A. Alexandridis, F. Lazarakis and K. Dangakis, "Circular and Elliptical CPW-fed Slot and Microstrip-fed Antennas for Ultrawideband Applications", IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 5, pp. 294 – 297, 2006.
- X. Jing, Z. Du and K. Gong, "A Compact Multiband Planar Antenna for Mobile Handsets", IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 5, pp. 343 – 345, 2006.
- Sukhmeet Singh Kalsi, Vibha Rani Gupta, "Slotted Planar Microstrip Antenna for HIPERLAN/2 Application," IEEE Applied Electromagnetics Conference, Kolkata, India, 14-16 December 2009.
- T. M. Au, K. F. Tong and K. M. Luk, "Characteristics of aperture coupled co-planar microstripsubarrays," IEE Proceedings: Microwave, Antennas and Propagation, vol. 144, no. 2, pp. 137-140, 1997.
- C. L. Mak, K. M. Luk, K. F. Lee and Y. L. Chow, "Experimental study of a microstrip patch antenna with an L-shaped probe," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 777-783, 2000.
- Y. X. Guo, A. K. Shackelford, K. F. Lee and K. M. Luk, "Broadband quarter-wavelength patch antennas with a U-shaped slot," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 328-330, 2001.
- A. K. Shackelford, K. F. Lee, K. M. Luk and R. C. Chair, "U-slot patch antenna with shorting pin," Electronics Letters, vol. 37, no. 12, pp. 729-730, 2001.
- C. L. Mak, R. C. Chair, K. F. Lee, K. M. Luk and A. A. Kishk, "Half U-slot patch antenna with shorting wall," Electronics Letters, vol. 39, no. 25, pp. 1779-1780, 2003.
- K.L.Wong, Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antennas, Wiley, 2002.
- G. Kumar and K. P. Ray, Broadband Microstrip Antennas, Artech House, Boston, 2003.
- Leena Varshney, Vibha Rani Gupta, Harish kumar, Priyadarshi Suraj, "CPW-Fed Broadband Microstrip Patch Antenna," International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Application, Issue. 172, Jan 2011.
- Benson, F. A. and T. M. Benson, "Fields Waves and Transmission Line", Chapman & Hall, 1991.