Chronology of the historical context of Maragheh city based on archaeological exploration and historical written sources
Автор: Sattarnejad S., Parvin S., Hendiani E.
Рубрика: Города и фортификации
Статья в выпуске: 260, 2020 года.
Maragheh, located in the northwestern geographical area of Iran, is one of the important areas in the studies of Islamic period of Iran. The name of the city has been mentioned many times in various historical sources and is most often referred to as the seat of the Azerbaijani state. But information on its history and background is very limited, because it has been so far neglected from an archeological point of view. Only few historical and archeological studies have generally addressed the status of formation and sequence of its historical periods. This article presents the results of new archaeological excavations and study, the purpose of this research is mainly attempted to provide a detailed chronology of the status of residence and settlement in the central part of the city by presenting a detailed stratigraphy of cultural materials of different historical eras and adapting them to historical events. The results, obtained in archaeological studies of the historical context of the city, show that the settlement in this part of the city has been started without interruption since the beginning of Islam.
Maragheh city, archeological excavation, cultural sequence, historical sources
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/143173155
IDR: 143173155 | DOI: 10.25681/IARAS.0130-2620.260.397-406
Список литературы Chronology of the historical context of Maragheh city based on archaeological exploration and historical written sources
- Allen W., 2004. Islamic Pottery / Transl. Mahnaz Shayesteh Far. Tehran: Institute of Islamic Art Studies.
- Atil E., 1973. Freer gallery of Art Fifth Anniversary Exhibition III. Ceramic from the world of Islam. Washington: Smithsonian Institute.
- Bahrami M., 1988. Gurgan Faiences. 134 p. (Islamic Art Reprint Series; no. 1.)
- Balazari A., 1989. Futuh al-Buldan / Transl. Mohammad Tavakol. Tehran: Silver Publication.
- Chubak H., 1997. Islamic Earthenware of the Poinik Qaleh, Archaeological Report. Tehran: Cultural Heritage and Tourism.
- Hall A. R., 1934. A new collection of Islamic Pottery // Bulletin of the Museum of Fine Arts. 32. P. 58-67.
- Ibn Asir E., 2006. Complete History. Tehran: Asatir Publications.
- Ibn al-Fuwati A., 1996. Majma Al-adab fi Majam Al-alghab. Tehran: Culture and Guidance Publications.
- Ibn Khordadbeh O., 1889. Masalek and Mamalek. Beirut: Dar Sader Publications.
- Khalili N., 2006. Islamic Earthenware. Tehran: Karang.
- Kleiss W., 1973. Qal'eh Zohak in Azerbaidjan // Archaeologische Mitteilungen aus Iran. 6. P. 163-188.
- Luckenbill D. D., 1927. Ancient records of Assyria and Babylonia. Vol. 2. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. XII. 504 p.
- Mahjour F., Sediqian H., 2009. Investigation of Islamic Earthenware in Meshkine Tappeh Parandak Area in Markazi Province // Journal of Ancient Payam. Vol. 6. No. 12. P. 105-120.
- Mostofi H., 2002. Nezhat Al-Gholoub / Corrected by Mohammad Dabir Siaqi. Qazvin: Today Hadith Publications.
- Nasir al-Din al-Tusi M., 1989. Ilkhani Tensokhnameh / Corrected by Mohammad Taghi Modares Razavi. Tehran: Information.
- Rahmatpour M., 2019. Report of the First Chapter of Archaeological Excavation of Maragheh's Circular and blue tomb tower. Tehran: Iran Institute of Archeology.
- Rice T., 1997. Islamic Art / Transl. Mah Malek Bahar. Tehran: A Cultural Science.
- Wilkinson C. K., 1973. Nishapur: Pottery of the early Islamic period. New York: Metropolitan Museum of Art. 374 p.
- Zarei M. E., Khaksar A., Motarjem A., Amini F., Dini A., 2014. Study of Earthenware from the Ilkhanid period obtained from the Arzanfood // Archaeological Studies Vol. 6. No. 2. P. 77-90.