Asymmetry problems of structural shifts in regional economy
Автор: Rumyantsev Nikita M., Leonidova Ekaterina G.
Рубрика: Regional economy
Статья в выпуске: 6 т.13, 2020 года.
In the absence of a significant dynamics of economic growth rates in the Russian Federation and its regions and the exhaustion of the recovery increase potential, a negative impact of economic crises and existing export-raw production orientation manifest themselves especially clearly. As a result, a necessity to find new development drivers, which includes a great significance of the structural factor of the economic growth at the regional level in the context of achieving economic growth of the country, becomes relevant. In this regard, the purpose of the research is the analysis of structural shifts in regional economy at different phases of the economic dynamics. The novelty of the research is the definition of the contribution of structural shifts in the region's economic growth at different phases of the economic dynamics. The methodology is based on the calculation of structural shifts' indicators - magnitude, index, velocity, and power. We conducted the analysis of sectoral structural transformations of the regional economy on the basis of the Vologda Oblast's materials for 2005-2018. The research revealed a low diversification and efficiency of adding economy into global chains of value added. We calculated the impact of the structural factor on the growth of gross regional product depending on an increase or decline in the economy. The activation of the potential of agriculture, mechanical engineering, and electronic industry sectors is seen as very promising. We calculated the multipliers of the impact of the stimulation of the proposed sectors on the basis of the inter-sectoral balance model. We reviewed the structural-investment policy as an important instrument of changing national economic proportions. The idea of forming the benchmarking system, concerning the efficiency of conducted structural policy, was substantiated. A practical importance of the research is an opportunity to use its results by authorities for the formation of regional structural policy. We will continue the studies related to the determination of the dependence of regional economy's growth dynamics on structural dynamics in the investment process, organization of the factor analysis of the industry shifts and economic growth, and formation of the system of optimal indicators of the structural policy benchmarking.
Structural shift, economic growth, region, investments, regional economy, sectoral structure
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/147225502
IDR: 147225502 | DOI: 10.15838/esc.2020.6.72.10
Список литературы Asymmetry problems of structural shifts in regional economy
- Uskova T.V. et al. Problemy ekonomicheskogo rosta territorii: monografiya [Issues of Economic Growth in the Territories: Monograph]. Vologda: ISEDT RAS, 2013. 170 p.
- Simachev Yu.V. et al. Industrial policy in Russia: New conditions and possible agenda (The report of NRU HSE). Voprosy ekonomiki=Voprosy Ekonomiki, 2018, no. 6, pp. 5–28 (in Russian).
- Kucera D., Jiang X. Structural transformation in emerging economies: Leading sectors and the balanced growth hypothesis. Oxford Development Studies, 2019, vol. 47, pp. 188–204.
- Lukin E.V., Uskova T.V. Mezhregional’noe ekonomicheskoe sotrudnichestvo: sostoyanie, problemy, perspektivy [Interregional economic cooperation: status, problems and prospects]. Vologda: ISEDT RAS, 2016. 148 p.
- Mel’nikov A.E. Investment processes and structural changes in the economy of old industrial regions of the Northwestern Federal District. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial’nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz=Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast, 2019, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 91–102. DOI: 10.15838/esc.2019.2.62.5 (in Russian).
- Birch K., Mackinnon D., Cumbers A. Old industrial regions in Europe: A comparative assessment of economic performance. Regional Studies, 2010, vol. 44, pp. 35–53.
- Henderson S.R. Transforming old industrial regions: Constructing collaboration within the Black Country, England. Geoforum, 2015, vol. 60, pp. 95–106.
- Ilyin V.A., Morev M.V. The disturbing future of 2024. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial’nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz=Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast, 2018, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 9–24. DOI: 10.15838/esc.2018.3.57.1 (in Russian).
- Lukin E.V., Uskova T.V. Structural transformation issues in regional economy. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial’nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz=Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast, 2018, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 26–40. DOI: 10.15838/ esc.2018.6.60.2 (in Russian).
- Eicher T.S., Schreiber T. Structural policies and growth: Time series evidence from a natural experiment. Journal of Development Economics. 2010, vol. 91. pp. 169–179. DOI: 10.1016/j.jdeveco.2009.05.003
- Ivanter V., Porfir’ev B., Shirov A. Structural aspects of long-term economic policy. Problemy teorii i praktiki upravleniya=International Journal of Management Theory and Practice, 2018, no. 3, pp. 27–34 (in Russian).
- Aganbegyan A. Why is the Russian economy making no headway? Problemy teorii i praktiki upravleniya=International Journal of Management Theory and Practice, 2018, no. 3, pp. 11–27 (in Russian).
- Lukin E.V. Structural shifts in the regional economy (materials of the Vologda Oblast). Voprosy territorial’nogo razvitiya=Territorial Development Issues, 2018, no. 5 (45). DOI: 10.15838/tdi.2018.5.45.2 (in Russian).
- Fagerberg J. Technological progress, structural change and productivity growth: A comparative study. Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, 2000, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 393–411.
- Peneder M. Industrial structure and aggregate growth. Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, 2003, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 427–448.
- Sukharev O.S. Structural policy in the Russian economy: Formation conditions. Natsional’nye interesy: prioritety i bezopasnost’=National Interests: Priorities and Security, 2014, no. 3 (240), pp. 2–8 (in Russian).
- Suspitsyn S.A. New techniques for measuring spatial transformation of economy. Region: ekonomika i sotsiologiya=Region: Economics and Sociology, 2007, no. 4, pp. 3–18 (in Russian).
- Prebisch R. Periferiinyi kapitalizm: est’ li emu al’ternativa [A Critique of Peripheral Capitalism]. Moscow: ILA RAN. 1992. 76 p.
- Krasil’nikov O.Yu. Strukturnye sdvigi v ekonomike: teoriya i metodologiya [Structural Changes in the Economy: Theory and Methodology]. Saratov: Nauchnaya kniga, 1999. 74 p.
- Kharin Yu.S., Malyugin V.I. Statistical analysis and forecasting of macroeconomic processes using the PPP PEMP. Aktual’naya statistika=Current Statistics, 2000 vol. 2, pp. 13–20 (in Russian).
- Köves P. Teoriya indeksov i praktika ekonomicheskogo analiza [Index Theory and Economic Reality]. Moscow: Finansy i statistika, 1990. 303 p.
- Zamaraev V., Marshova T. Investment processes and the Russian economy restructuring. Voprosy ekonomiki=Voprosy Ekonomiki, 2017, no. 12, pp. 40–62 (in Russian).
- Shevchenko I.K., Razvadovskaya Yu.V. Model analysis of structural shifts: Specific features and parametric. Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki=Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences, 2013, no. 6, pp. 153–159 (in Russian).
- Isаrd W. Methods of Regional Analysis: an Introduction to Regional Science. M.I.T. Press, 1960. 784 p.
- Uzyakov R.M. Metrics of structural changes and the necessity of considering interindustry relationships. Problemy prognozirovaniya=Studies on Russian Economic Development, 2020, no. 2, pp. 25–35 (in Russian).
- Lukin E.V. Sectoral and territorial specifics of value-added chains in Russia: The input-output approach. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial’nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz=Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast, 2019. vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 129–149. DOI: 10.15838/esc.2019.6.66.7 (in Russian).
- Sidorov M.A., Rumyantsev N.M. Stimulation of growth of the payroll fund on the basis of development of economic industries. Ekonomika. Sotsiologiya. Pravo=Economics. Sociology. Law, 2020, no. 2, pp. 42–51 (in Russian).
- Sukharev O.S. Teoriya strukturnoi dinamiki ekonomiki: monografiya [The Theory of Structural Dynamics of the Economy: Monograph]. Moscow: LENAND, 2020. 200 p.
- Making Public Investment more Efficient. Staff Report of IMF. International Monetary Fund, 2015. 67 p.