Approximating Spline filter: New Approach for Gaussian Filtering in Surface Metrology
Автор: Hao Zhang, Yibao Yuan
Статья в выпуске: 1 vol.1, 2009 года.
This paper presents a new spline filter named approximating spline filter for surface metrology. The purpose is to provide a new approach of Gaussian filter and evaluate the characteristics of an engineering surface more accurately and comprehensively. First, the configuration of approximating spline filter is investigated, which describes that this filter inherits all the merits of an ordinary spline filter e.g. no phase distortion and no end distortion. Then, the approximating coefficient selection is discussed, which specifies an important property of this filter-the convergence to Gaussian filter. The maximum approximation deviation between them can be controlled below 4.36% , moreover, be decreased to less than 1% when cascaded. Since extended to 2 dimensional (2D) filter, the transmission deviation yields within -0.63% : +1.48% . It is proved that the approximating spline filter not only achieves the transmission characteristic of Gaussian filter, but also alleviates the end effect on a data sequence. The whole computational procedure is illustrated and applied to a work piece to acquire mean line whereas a simulated surface to mean surface. These experimental results indicate that this filtering algorithm for 11200 profile points and 2000 × 2000 form data, only spends 8ms and 2.3s respectively.
Surface metrology, profile filter, approximating spline filter, Gaussian filter, form filter
Короткий адрес: https://readera.ru/15011948
Список литературы Approximating Spline filter: New Approach for Gaussian Filtering in Surface Metrology
- ASME B46.1, Surface Texture(Surface Roughness, Waviness, and Lay), 1995.
- ISO 11562, Geometrical Product Specifications(GPS)-Surface Texture: Profile Method-Metrological Characteristics of Phase Correct Filter, 1996.
- N. L. Luo, P. J. Sullivan, K. J. Stout, “Gaussian filtering of three-dimensional engineering surface topography,” Proc. SPIE, vol. 2101, pp. 527–538, 1993.
- Y. B. Yuan, “A fast algorithm for determining the Gaussian filtered mean line in surface metrology,” Precision Eng., vol. 24, pp. 62–69, 2000.
- M. Krystek, “A fast Gauss filtering algorithm for roughness measurements,” Precision Eng., vol. 19, pp. 198–200, 1996.
- S. Brinkmann, H. Bodschwinna, H. W. Lemke, “Accessing roughness in three dimensions using Gaussian regression filtering,” Int. J. Mach. Tool Manuf., vol. 41, pp. 2153–2161, 2001.
- M. Krystek, “Form filtering by splines,” Measurement, vol. 18, pp. 9–15, 1996.
- M. Krystek, “Discrete L-spline filtering in roundness measurements,” Measurement, vol. 18, pp. 129–138, 1996.
- J. Raja, B. Muralikrishnan, S. Fu, “Recent advances in separation of roughness, waviness and form,” J. Int. Soc. Precsion Eng. Nanotechnol., vol. 26, pp. 222–235, 2002.
- T. Goto, J. Miyakura, K. Umeda, “A robust spline filter on the basis of L2-norm,” Precision Eng., vol. 29, pp. 151–161, 2005.
- M. Numada, T. Nomura, K. Kamiya, H. Tashiro, H. Koshimizu, “Filter with variable transmission characteristics for determination of three-dimensional roughness,” Precision Eng., vol. 30, pp. 431–442, 2006.
- I. J. Schoenberg, “Spline functions and the problem of graduation,” Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., vol. 52, pp. 947–950, 1964.
- C. H. Reinsh, “Smoothing by spline functions,” Numer. Math., vol. 10, pp. 177–183, 1967.
- T. Poggio, H. Voorhees, and A. Yuille, “A regularized solution edge detection,” J. Complexity, vol. 4, pp. 106–123, 1988.
- M. Bertero, T. Poggio, and V. Torre, “Ill-posed problems in early vision,” Proc. IEEE, vol. 76, pp. 869–889, 1988.
- M. Numada, T. Nomura, K. Yanagi, K. Kamiya, H. Tashiro, “High-order spline filter and ideal low-pass filter at the limit of its order,” Precision Eng., vol. 31, pp. 234–242, 2007.
- P. F. Johannes, D'haeyer, “Gaussian filtering of images: A regularization approach,” Signal proc., vol. 18, pp. 169–181, 1989.
- P. Bakucz, R. Kruger-Sehm. “A new wavelet filtering for analysis of fractal engineering surfaces,” Wear, vol. 266, pp. 539–542 2009.
- A. Majumdar, C. L. Tien, “Fractal characterization and simulation of rough surfaces,” Wear, vol. 136, pp. 313–327, 1990.