Applications of Leaky-wave Antennas: A Review
Автор: Hafiz Suliman Munawar
Статья в выпуске: 3 Vol.10, 2020 года.
This review discusses some of the widely used applications of Leaky-wave antennas (LWA) along with their certain types. LWAs have been used extensively in various fields since their origin in the 1940s. They provide wide range of applications that include radars, human sensors, imaging and satellite communication. These antennas have advantage of frequency scanning in a single sweep which make them better choice for frequency scanning applications. Different techniques are integrated with them which increase their importance by providing ease of fabrication and low-profile system. In addition to discussing different types of LWA, this paper contains a comparative analysis of these types which helps in providing a clear knowledge of how and where these antennas can be used. Most of the antenna parameters have a tradeoff between gain and radiation patter, for which careful evaluation of these parameters is needed to make a choice for antenna. Slight modification in the antenna renders great increase in its performance or sometimes degrade it as well. LWA are used for 5G applications which is the latest trend and has great potential of development in coming years. Recent advances in LWA put emphasis on attaining radiations at the broadside which is a challenge for them. The challenges and possible future directions which can draw from existing data have been briefly discussed in this review. To form this review, 15 papers from last 6 years are considered which discusses various parameters of these antennas like radiation pattern, directivity and their fabrication complexities.
Millimetre wave, leaky-wave antenna, micro strip antenna, beam steering, high gain antennas
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15017639
IDR: 15017639 | DOI: 10.5815/ijwmt.2020.03.05
Список литературы Applications of Leaky-wave Antennas: A Review
- Mak, K.M., So, K.K., Lai, H.W. and Luk, K.M., 2017. A magnetoelectric dipole leaky-wave antenna for millimeter-wave application. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 65(12), pp.6395-6402.
- Lyu, Y.L., Liu, X.X., Wang, P.Y., Erni, D., Wu, Q., Wang, C., Kim, N.Y. and Meng, F.Y., 2016. Leaky-wave antennas based on noncutoff substrate integrated waveguide supporting beam scanning from backward to forward. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 64(6), pp.2155-2164.
- Chen, X.Q., Wan, X. and Cui, T.J., 2017, October. A novel leaky-wave antenna based on 1-bit coding metamaterial. In 2017 Sixth Asia-Pacific Conference on Antennas and Propagation (APCAP) (pp. 1-3). IEEE.
- Shaw, R., Basak, S., Mandal, J. and Mandal, M.K., 2018, July. Leaky wave antenna array using complementary dual-stub radiating elements for consistent gain. In 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation & USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting (pp. 1613-1614). IEEE.
- Scattone, F., Ettorre, M., Eddo, B., Sauleau, R. and Fonseca, N.J., 2018. Truncated leaky-wave antenna with cosecant-squared radiation pattern. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, 17(5), pp.841-844.
- Guo, T., Zhang, Q., Hou, X., Kandwal, A. and Li, B., 2018, March. Symmetry leaky-wave antenna without gain degradation at broadside. In 2018 International Workshop on Antenna Technology (iWAT) (pp. 1-3). IEEE.
- Ma, Z.L., Chan, C.H., Ng, K.B. and Jiang, L.J., 2017. A Collimated Surface-Wave-Excited High-Impedance Surface Leaky-Wave Antenna. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, 16, pp.2082-2085.
- Hamedani, M., Oraizi, H., Zarifi, D. and Amini, A., 2019, March. Design of Ku-band Leaky-Wave Slot Array Antenna Based on Ridge Gap Waveguide. In 2019 13th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP) (pp. 1-3). IEEE.
- Sánchez-Escuderos, D., Ferrando-Bataller, M., Herranz, J.I. and Rodrigo-Peñarrocha, V.M., 2015. Low-loss circularly polarized periodic leaky-wave antenna. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, 15, pp.614-617.
- Rabbani, M.S., Churm, J. and Feresidis, A., 2018. Millimetre-wave beam steerable leaky-wave antenna for 5G systems.
- Karmokar, D.K. and Guo, Y.J., 2017, September. Planar leaky-wave antennas for low-cost radar. In 2017 IEEE-APS Topical Conference on Antennas and Propagation in Wireless Communications (APWC) (pp. 112-115). IEEE.
- Yang, S.T. and Ling, H., 2017. Application of compressive sensing to two-dimensional radar imaging using a frequency-scanned microstrip leaky wave antenna. Journal of electromagnetic engineering and science, 17(3), pp.113-119.
- Munawar, H.S., Maqsood, A. and Mustansar, Z., 2017. Isotropic surround suppression and Hough transform based target recognition from aerial images. International Journal of Advanced and Applied Sciences, 4(8), pp.37-42.
- Munawar, H.S., Zhang, J., Li, H., Mo, D. and Chang, L., 2019, April. Mining Multispectral Aerial Images for Automatic Detection of Strategic Bridge Locations for Disaster Relief Missions. In Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (pp. 189-200). Springer, Cham.
- Munawar, H.S., Khalid, U., Jilani, R. and Maqsood, A., 2017. Version Management by Time Based Approach in Modern Era. International Journal of Education and Management Engineering, 4, pp.13-20.