Android Based Inventory Management with NFC Enabled for Faster Tracking Items at a Steel Company: A Case Study
Автор: Suci Laksono
Статья в выпуске: 6 Vol.11, 2021 года.
One of the business activities in the company is Inventory management. Stocktaking is an important process to ensure stable operation. A conventional method for item identification is through an attached human-readable label. Employees use an inventory sheet of paper to keep track of items. We propose new system inventory management based on an android application to increase time efficiency for Obtain data tracking through NFC (Near Field Communication) tag-based system. This approach involved 11 participants who performed stocktaking to compare performance between the new and old systems. We collect 54 of the Sample data for time evaluation using a t-test to analyze the data. The result was significantly shorter time in stocktaking process of new system than conventional method (df = 26, t = -7.075, p < .001). Furthermore, the proposed system could be a viable solution for reduce the time needed to complete the stocktaking process in the company.
Inventory Tracking, Near Field Communication, NFC, Identification of Goods, Inventory Management.
Короткий адрес: https://readera.org/15018250
IDR: 15018250 | DOI: 10.5815/ijwmt.2021.06.03
Список литературы Android Based Inventory Management with NFC Enabled for Faster Tracking Items at a Steel Company: A Case Study
- A. Chaudhari, B. Rodrigues, P. Sakhare, and C. Fernandes, “Prototype for intelligent ticketing system using NFC,” in Proceedings of the 2015 International Conference on Green Computing and Internet of Things, ICGCIoT 2015, 2016, pp. 877–880.
- J. A. Oluwaseyi, M. K. Onifade, and O. F. Odeyinka, “Evaluation of the Role of Inventory Management in Logistics Chain of an Organisation,” LOGI – Sci. J. Transp. Logist., vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 1–11, 2017.
- N. Ya’acob, M. M. M. E. Goon, M. Z. Hakim Noor, A. L. Yusof, and A. Idris, “RFID (NFC) application employment on inventory tracking to improve security,” in IEEE Symposium on Wireless Technology and Applications, ISWTA, 2014, pp. 176–181.
- P. Urien and S. Piramuthu, “Framework and authentication protocols for smartphone, NFC, and RFID in retail transactions,” in Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE 8th International Conference on Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing: Sensing the Future, ISSNIP 2013, 2013, vol. 1, pp. 77–82.
- A. Irfanto, T. Listyorini, and A. Murti, “An Android Based Inventory Reporting System: A Case Study in The Engineering Faculty of Muria Kudus University,” 2019.
- R.-S. Cheng, C.-P. Lin, K. W. Lin, and W.-J. Hong, “NFC based equipment management inventory system,” J. Inf. Hiding Multimed. Signal Process, vol. 6, pp. 1145–1155, 2015.
- N. M. Kachingwe and J. Phiri, “Automatic Data Capturing At Satellite Depots Based On NFC Technology.,” Int. J. Innov. Res. Comput. Commun. Eng., vol. 7, p. 8123, Jul. 2018.
- S. U. Masruroh, A. Fiade, and I. R. Julia, “NFC Based Mobile Attendence System with Facial Authorization on Raspberry Pi and Cloud Server,” 2018 6th Int. Conf. Cyber IT Serv. Manag., no. Citsm, pp. 1–6, 2018.
- S. Sukaphat, W. Chaipuvaphat, S. Ketsuthi, S. Paisopa, and S. Teanrungroj, “An Application of NFC technology on class attendance systems,” in Communications in Computer and Information Science, 2018.
- L. Ye, Y. Wang, and J. Chen, “Research on the Intelligent Warehouse Management System Based on Near Field Communication (NFC) Technology,” Int. J. Adv. Pervasive Ubiquitous Comput., vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 38–55, 2017.
- D. Jagodi, D. Vuji, and S. Ran, “Android system for identification of objects based on QR code,” vol. 7, pp. 922–925.
- N. Shetty and H. Ragab-hassen, “NFC-based Asset Management for Medical Equipment,” pp. 246–251, 2015.
- T. Hartványi and C. I. Hencz, “NFC applications in the tracking systems,” in International Conference on Industrial Logistics, ICIL 2014 - Conference Proceedings, 2014, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 135–142.
- F. Liu, Z. Qin, Y. Zhang, and X. Hou, “The Application of NFC Verification System in Warehouse Management System,” no. Icimm, pp. 710–716, 2016.
- D. Pigini and M. Conti, “NFC-based traceability in the food chain,” Sustain., 2017.