A swarm intelligence based chaotic morphological approach for software development cost estimation
Автор: Saurabh Bilgaiyan, Kunwar Aditya, Samaresh Mishra, Madhabananda Das
Статья в выпуске: 9 vol.10, 2018 года.
In the last century, with the inception of various software development industries at around mid-1960’s, the complexities and size of the software have always been a major concern for the industries. The ad-hoc process of development has evolved into a standardized one due to the increase in the size and complexity of software projects. The standardized process of software development was further evolved to predict the overall cost required for the development before the software is actually built. To achieve the same, many cost estimation methodologies have already been successfully implemented, each with certain pros and cons. The present scenario demands even further refined and accurate predictions, which the above-said methods cease to provide. In this paper, we present a chaotically modified particle swarm optimization (CMPSO) based morphological learning approach to accurately estimate the cost incurred in the development process. The proposed approach focuses on a mathematical morphological (MM) framework based hybrid artificial neuron (also called dilation-erosion perceptron or DEP) with algebraic foundations in complete lattice theory (CLT). The proposed CMPSO-DEP model was tested on 5 well-known datasets of software projects with three popular performance metrics and the results were compared with the best existing models available in the literature.
Software development, cost estimation, genetic algorithm (GA), particle swarm optimization (PSO), dilation-erosion perceptron
Короткий адрес: https://readera.ru/15016522
IDR: 15016522 | DOI: 10.5815/ijisa.2018.09.02
Список литературы A swarm intelligence based chaotic morphological approach for software development cost estimation
- Ricardo de A. Araújo, Sergio Soares and Adriano L.I. Oliveira, “Hybrid morphological methodology for software development cost estimation”, Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, Vol. 39, No. 6, 2012, pp. 6129-6139.
- Giuliano Casale, Cristina Chesta, et al., “Current and Future Challenges of Software Engineering for Services and Applications”, In Proceedings of CLOUD FORWARD: From Distributed to Complete Computing, Elsevier, Vol. 97, No. 1, 2016, pp. 34-42.
- The Standish Group. (1994) CHAOS Report. [Online]. Available on:https://www.standishgroup.com/sample_res earch_files/chaos_report _1994. pdf.
- The Standish Group. (2013) CHAOS Manifesto. [Online]. Available on:https://larlet.fr/static/david/stream/Chaos Mani festo2013.pdf.
- Fatemeh Zare, Hasan Khademi Zare and Mohammad Saber Fallahnezhad, “Software Effort Estimation based on the Optimal Bayesian Belief Network”, Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier, Vol. 49, No. 1, 2016, pp. 968-980.
- Saurabh Bilgaiyan, Samresh Mishra and Madhabananda Das, “A Review of Software Cost Estimation in Agile Software Development Using Soft Computing Techniques”, 2nd International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Networks (CINE), IEEE, 2016, pp. 112-117.
- Chong Wang, Zhong Luo, Luxin Lin and Maya Daneva, “How to Reduce Software Development Cost with Personnel Assignment Optimization: Exemplary Improvement on the Hungarian Algorithm”, 21st International Conference on Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering, ACM, 2017, pp. 270-279.
- Oktay Adalier, Aybars Uğur, Serdar Korukoğlu and Kadir Ertaş, “A New Regression Based Software Cost Estimation Model Using Power Values”, International Conference on Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning, LNCS Springer, 2007, pp. 326-334.
- Ricardo de A. Araújo, Adriano L.I. Oliveira, Sergio Soares and Silvio Meira, “An Evolutionary Morphological Approach for Software Development Cost Estimation”, Neural Networks, Elsevier, Vol. 32, No. 1, 2012, pp. 285-291.
- Peter Sussner and Estevão Laureano Esmi, “Morphological perceptrons with competitive learning: Lattice-theoretical framework and constructive learning algorithm”, Information Sciences, Elsevier, Vol. 181, No. 10, 2011, pp. 1929-1950.
- Jennifer L. Davidson and Frank Hummer, “Morphology neural networks: An introduction with applications”, Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing, Springer, Vol. 12, No. 2, 1993, pp. 177-210.
- Adriano L.I. Oliveira, Petronio L. Braga, Ricardo M.F. Lima, and Márcio L. Cornélio, “GA-Based Method for Feature Selection and Parameters Optimization for Machine Learning Regression Applied to Software Effort Estimation”, Information and Software Technology, Elsevier, Vol. 52, No. 1, 2010, pp. 1155-1166.
- Petrônio L. Braga and Adriano L. I. Oliveira, “Software Effort Estimation using Machine Learning Techniques with Robust Confidence Intervals”, Seventh International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems, IEEE, 2007, pp. 352-357.
- Ricardo de A. Araujo, Adriano L. I. de Oliveira and Sergio C. B. Soares, “A Morphological-Rank-Linear Approach for Software Development Cost Estimation”, 21st IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence, 2009, pp. 630-636.
- Ricardo de A. Araujo, Adriano L. I. de Oliveira and Sergio Soares, “Hybrid Intelligent Design of Morphological-Rank-Linear Perceptrons for Software Development Cost Estimation”, 22nd International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence, IEEE, 2010, pp. 160-167.
- Ricardo de A. Araújo, Adriano L.I. Oliveira and Sergio Soares, “A shift-invariant morphological system for software development cost estimation”, Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, Vol. 38, No. 4, 2011, pp. 4162-4168.
- Ricardo de A. Araújo, Adriano L. I. Oliveira, Sergio Soares and Silvio Meira, “Gradient-based Morphological Approach for Software Development Cost Estimation”, Proceedings of International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, IEEE, 2011, pp. 588-594.
- Adam Grabowski, “Lattice Theory for Rough Sets - An Experiment in Mizar”, CS&P, 2015, pp. 158-169.
- Taqseer Khan, “Distributive Lattices”, M.S. thesis, Central European UniversityDepartment of Mathematics and its Applications, 2011.
- Gerald Jean FrancisBanon, “Decomposition of mappings between complete lattices by mathematical morphology, Part I. General lattices”, Signal Processing, Elsevier, Vol. 30, No. 3, 1993, pp. 299-327.
- Ricardo de A. Araújo, “A class of hybrid morphological perceptrons with application in time series forecasting”, Knowledge-Based Systems, Elsevier, Vol. 24, No. 4, 2011, pp. 513-529.
- Wei-feng Gao, San-yang Liu and Ling-ling Huang, “Particle Swarm Optimization with Chaotic Opposition-Based Population Initialization and Stochastic Search Technique”, Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, Elsevier, Vo. 17, No. 11, 2012, pp. 4316-4327.
- Yong Feng, Gui-Fa Teng, Ai-Xin Wang and Yong-Mei Yao, “Chaotic Inertia Weight in Particle Swarm Optimization”, Second International Conference on Innovative Computing, Information and Control, IEEE, 2007, pp. 1-4.
- Martins Akugbe Arasomwan and Aderemi Oluyinka Adewumi, “Improved Particle Swarm Optimization with a Collective Local Unimodal Search for Continuous Optimization Problems”, The Scientific World Journal, 2014, pp. 1-23.
- H-C. Tsai, “Unified particle swarm delivers high efficiency to particle swarm optimization”, Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier, Vol. 55, No. 1, 2017, pp. 371-383.
- Saurabh Bilgaiyan, Santwana Sagnika, Samaresh Mishra, Madhabananda Das, “Study of Task Scheduling in Cloud Computing Environment Using Soft Computing Algorithms”, International Journal of Modern Education and Computer Science (IJMECS), Vol. 7, No. 3, 2015, pp. 32-38.
- Santar Pal Singh, Subhash Chander Sharma, “A Particle Swarm Optimization Approach for Energy Efficient Clustering in Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications(IJISA), Vol. 9, No. 6, 2017, pp. 66-74.
- Ahmed A. Esmin, Rodrigo A. Coelho and Stan Matwin, “A Review on Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm and Its Variants to Clustering High-dimensional Data”, Artificial Intelligence Review, ACM, Vol. 44, No. 1, 2015, pp. 23-45.
- Sumit Goyal,Gyanendra Kumar Goyal, “Time – Delay Simulated Artificial Neural Network Models for Predicting Shelf Life of Processed Cheese”, International Journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications(IJISA), Vol. 4, No. 5, 2012, pp. 30-37.
- Ayman E. Khedr, S.E.Salama, Nagwa Yaseen, “Predicting Stock Market Behavior using Data Mining Technique and News Sentiment Analysis”, International Journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications(IJISA), Vol. 9, No. 7, 2017, pp. 22-30.